All Things 2015 Gophers Spring Practice: Tweets, Links, Analysis, Video & More

Kill is on KFAN right now. Talking about using Jeff Jones like Wiscy did with Gordon as a soph. Said Rodrick has really jumped up and can't leave Jones on the sideline.

This sounds like a horrible situation to have. No one wants too many play makers! :rolleyes:

Anyone got to the scrimmage this morning and wants to fill in a la DL65 style, that would be greeeeeaaaattttttt.......

Anyone got to the scrimmage this morning and wants to fill in a la DL65 style, that would be greeeeeaaaattttttt.......

Berkley had a very long TD run. Jeff Jones sparkled. Strev threw a beautiful long pass right into Gentry's hands and he dropped it.

Anybody know what happened to Desmond Gant? I didn't see him on the field, sidelines, etc. today.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

More emphasis than I recall from the past couple of years on the passing game for the TCF practices.

Across the three squads seemed like almost a 50-50 split. 3rd and longs called for it, but seemed like more 1st and 2nd down throws too.

Anyone else see this?

More emphasis than I recall from the past couple of years on the passing game for the TCF practices.

Across the three squads seemed like almost a 50-50 split. 3rd and longs called for it, but seemed like more 1st and 2nd down throws too.

Anyone else see this?

More WR and spread looks, but still power in the running game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is video allowed at the scrimmage? I haven't been able to find any video on twitter or anywhere else.

Anyone know of some from today's practice, or any of this spring for that matter?

More WR and spread looks, but still power in the running game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yep, Just don't point that out to Sillyspoon:rolleyes:. That is because after wait!what? said he had resigned himself to the fact that Minnesota was a run, run, run team, I try to point out to him that he was giving up to soon. I went on to say that Kill was in the process of building a passing game here just like he did at Northern Illinois. Then I said you would know that if you listen to what Kill and his staff says. They have made it very clear by both their words and their action that is exactly what they are focused on now. Sillyspoon didn't like that which is fine but I personally find Kill and his staff to be a very good and reliable source for information about what is going with the program and what and why they are doing things. Of course, they have their own agenda which needs to be taken in account but they know a hell lot more than Sillyspoon.

Is video allowed at the scrimmage? I haven't been able to find any video on twitter or anywhere else.

Anyone know of some from today's practice, or any of this spring for that matter?

There is video at the practices. The only ones I have seen there are done by professionals/credential reporters. These a long with audio recordings are often posted later on a few sites. But I would very surprise if anybody could do it. You can always ask when you check in though.

i was there today- B. Edwards looks much heavy and is just as quick. Pirsig got hurt..probably groin but went back to sidelines. Jeff Jones - looks smaller than i thought and his long stride allows him move away easily from defenders but if he caught he is lifted and dropped. Streveler throws a better ball. It was nice to watch some college ball again. 15 rohda and 18 perra got reps. Leidner was Leidner...bad spirals and anything beyond 20 yds was bad. almost like he has an arm injury. Talked to KJ Maye and he is a real team leader. I attended with a speed coach and he commented on how JJ breaks well.

All Things 2015 Gophers Spring Practice: Tweets, Links, Analysis, Video &amp; More

Yep, Just don't point that out to Sillyspoon:rolleyes:. That is because after wait!what? said he had resigned himself to the fact that Minnesota was a run, run, run team, I try to point out to him that he was giving up to soon. I went on to say that Kill was in the process of building a passing game here just like he did at Northern Illinois. Then I said you would know that if you listen to what Kill and his staff says. They have made it very clear by both their words and their action that is exactly what they are focused on now. Sillyspoon didn't like that which is fine but I personally find Kill and his staff to be a very good and reliable source for information about what is going with the program and what and why they are doing things. Of course, they have their own agenda which needs to be taken in account but they know a hell lot more than Sillyspoon.

Thanks for the recap of posts that already existed in this thread Killjoy. As I've said - you are better than the rest of us. We are lucky to have you on this site.

And for the record, Wait!What? didn't say we won't pass - he said our identity was defense and ball control. He happens to be right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

c'mon let's not ruin one of the few good gopher football threads going.

Very good notes from Joe C

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/297892351.html

Leidner completed five of 10 passes for 36 yards, totals that would have looked better if KJ Maye and Drew Wolitarsky hadn’t each dropped a pass.

Senior tailback Rodrick Williams had a strong first drive for the Gophers, breaking free on a 20-yard run. He watched the rest of the scrimmage, as the coaches gave long looks to Rodney Smith, Berkley Edwards and Jeff Jones.

Smith rushed 10 times for 34 yards with one fumble. Another low point for the offensive line came when coach Jerry Kill pinned the offense at its own 5-yard line. Smith got stuffed for two one-yard gains before Leidner had a pass tipped at the line of scrimmage for a three-and-out.

Edwards delivered the day’s biggest highlight with a 67-yard run against the second-team defense. The speedy sophomore added four more carries for 15 yards.

Jones saw action at slot receiver and tailback. He had six carries for 28 yards, including one play where he made a quick cut at the line of scrimmage and dashed around the right end for 12 yards.

Backup quarterback Chris Streveler completed eight of 11 passes. He had the benefit of mostly working against the second-team defense, and made plays with his legs and improving arm.

Joe C is pretty down on our offense. "They still have two weeks to get ready for the April 11 spring game, but the offense looks like it’ll be a work in progress long after that." (ouch) I assume he has seen each of our practices...so, that's not good.
I'm sure our defense is good but typically the offense finds weaknesses and figures out how to attack them after 8 practices?
Nugget and Christiansen playing will help but ....

Thanks for the recap of posts that already existed in this thread Killjoy. As I've said - you are better than the rest of us. e are lucky to have you on this site.

You do know that the above statement pretty much describes you?:rolleyes: If you are a kettle, maybe you shouldn't call the pot black.

Well, that didn't last long.

My comment was for what!what? for taking the high road as opposed to you, who didn't. But as I said, maybe you should take a look at yourself first.

My comment was for what!what? for taking the high road as opposed to you, who didn't. But as I said, maybe you should take a look at yourself first.

Not long at all. Go watch Matlock.

For those at today's scrimmage....

I'm curious what the LB depth chart looked like?

For those at today's scrimmage....

I'm curious what the LB depth chart looked like?

Wasn't there today but Campbell, Lynn are starting at outside, with Williams at middle, Poock backing him up and Celestin and Laster on the twos for outside. I personally wouldn't be surprised if Rallis beats out Laster once he is healthy.

on D

Theiran Cockran was moving full speed gave great effort today. love that guys motor on drills alone.

Wasn't there today but Campbell, Lynn are starting at outside, with Williams at middle, Poock backing him up and Celestin and Laster on the twos for outside. I personally wouldn't be surprised if Rallis beats out Laster once he is healthy.

Starters were actually Lynn-Williams-Celestin today. Based on the practices to this point. I'd expect Lynn-Poock-Celestin to be the starters versus TCU.

Wasn't a lot of rhyme and reason to LB and DL today, but our secondary seems set and I love everything about it. 1: BBC, Murray, Travis, Johnson. 1A) Myrick, James, Mcghee, Rodgers. Deep, talented and confident unit.

The WR's are huge. Walked past Gentry and he looks like Randy Moss. Holland is big too. Didn't see Gant in uniform or on sidelines???

Watching the practice and perusing the position groups I'm struck by how deep and talented this team is. We have 7-9 very promising players at OL, DL, LB, DB and several at RB, TE, WR. Early in Kill's career the coaches were very busy. Now they are in semi "cruise control" mode. The staff knows what they have, and the players know what to do and where they are going.

Sure we have some warts, but we are now a legitimate BCS football program and we are built to last.

Top Bottom