Bubblicious Tuesday: Hawkeyes can punch their ticket tonight

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
Monday Review
#46 Texas beats Baylor -- Longhorns had to have this one, now must follow it up with a win over K-State to give themselves a chance heading to Kansas City.

Tuesday on the Bubble
#67 Rhode Island @ #29 Dayton, 6 (CBSSN) -- Win and the Flyers are pretty much locked in.

#47 Iowa @ #46 Indiana, 6 (ESPN) -- Hawkeyes earn "lock" status if they win. If Hoosiers win they'll be real close.

#48 Ole Miss @ Alabama, 6 (SECN) -- Rebels can't afford a 3rd straight loss.

#34 Texas A&M @ Florida, 8 (ESPNU) -- I hate A&M's resume, but if Aggies keep piling up mediocre wins I may (grudgingly) have to keep them in the Field of 68.

Kentucky @ #35 Georgia, 8 (ESPN) -- Needless to say, if Bulldogs wins they're in.

#54 NC State @ Clemson, 8 -- What does "Team Rollercoaster" (NC State) have in store for us tonight?

Gophers Daily RPI Report
Monday: 76
Today: 76 (3-7 vs. RPI top 50; 5-9 vs. RPI top 100; #62 overall SOS; #203 non-conference SOS)

More importantly, Indiana would be getting awfully tenuous in their position. Assuming the do their annual B1G Tournament early exit, they'd be sweating. They'd be simply out if they lose to both Iowa and Michigan State.

More importantly, Indiana would be getting awfully tenuous in their position. Assuming the do their annual B1G Tournament early exit, they'd be sweating. They'd be simply out if they lose to both Iowa and Michigan State.

Agree.

Among Big Ten bubble/close-to-the-bubble teams, Indiana probably has the most to gain this week, but with that also the most to lose. They're probably in simply by winning 1 of the 2, but because both are at home they'd be wise to not get swept.

Iowa and Michigan State are right on the threshold of locking up bids if they win their next game (MSU gets Purdue at home), but if they both lose then there'll be serious pressure on their regular-season finales, Sparty especially. I wouldn't want to be heading to Bloomington on a 3-game losing streak, which would be the case if Sparty loses to Purdue. Sparty still may regret blowing that 6-point lead vs. the Gophers with their NCAA bid all but in hand.

Gross. I really didn't want to see Iowa in the tournament. They easily could have lost to PSU this weekend and now all of a sudden look like a lock to finish 12-6 (!!!!!!) in the B1G. As for Indiana, they played their best game of the year against the Gophers. I didn't see the game tonight, but they've went 1-3 since the Gopher game losing at home to Purdue, on the road at Northwestern, and home to Iowa with their only win being at Rutgers. Talk about a free fall. I am sure their fans were thinking 4-0 over that stretch. I don't like their chances against MSU with a lot on the line to end the regular season.

Top Bottom