Gophers Pro Day

I am surprised Maxx stood on his numbers from the combine, they were not good for a TE of his size and likely limit his ceiling to the end of the first round (much more likely a 2nd rounder). Great to read about Ced's pro day, with the Safety class considered weak this year, his numbers could push him in to the draft. As for the question about Cobb not working out today: zero effect on his draft status. The only important thing for Cobb is to be healthy enough to work out prior to the draft. If he can't work out before the draft, or works out poorly, then you will see him slide on draft weekend.

It would be great to get four Gophers drafted this year!

I am surprised Maxx stood on his numbers from the combine, they were not good for a TE of his size and likely limit his ceiling to the end of the first round (much more likely a 2nd rounder). Great to read about Ced's pro day, with the Safety class considered weak this year, his numbers could push him in to the draft. As for the question about Cobb not working out today: zero effect on his draft status. The only important thing for Cobb is to be healthy enough to work out prior to the draft. If he can't work out before the draft, or works out poorly, then you will see him slide on draft weekend.

It would be great to get four Gophers drafted this year!

Maybe they are good for Maxx. Perhaps, he was afraid of doing worse and lowering his stock.

Maxx's numbers were just fine. His freak of nature skills for catching passes, along with his size, and then other "skills" they test at the combine that don't necessarily matter in that order are why he is going to get drafted so high. I don't think anyone thought Maxx was going to put of exceptional numbers including the NFL scouts. All he had to do was not completely biff one of the skills. Which he didn't. So he will be just fine.

Top Bottom