Gophers Pro Day

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the Pioneer Press:

The quad strain Gophers running back David Cobb suffered last month at the NFL scouting combine is said to be doing better but is not good enough for Cobb to work out Monday during Minnesota pro day at the Gibson-Nagurski Football Complex.

"He will be in attendance, but not participate,'' Cobb's father, Caesar Cobb, wrote in an email to the Pioneer Press on Sunday night.

Cobb, expected to go in the range of the third round in the April 30-May 2 NFL draft, was injured Feb. 21 while running a 40-yard dash in Indianapolis and was done for the combine. His father, though, wrote that "his quad strain is a lot better.''

"As I understand the situation, he will have an individual workout sometime in early April,'' he wrote.

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci...rce=rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Go Gophers!!

Ouch. That's not good news. Is doing an individual workout after the pro day just as good, or is this gonna hurt him?

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Ouch. That's not good news. Is doing an individual workout after the pro day just as good, or is this gonna hurt him?

If he runs well, he'll be fine. Now if he runs poorly, he could really drop especially because he will have taken the extra time to run and people will be worried about his quad long term.

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Cedric has a chance to sneak into the very back of the draft but more then likely will see a fair amount of interest as an undrafted free agent.

Always tough to predict which guys will make it and which won't but even running a 4.4 will be really surprised if Fruechte makes it onto an NFL roster. His only real shot would be to show he can be an awesome special teams guy and honestly don't know if he has that in him.

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Botticelli led all gophers with 24 reps. For comparison Brock Vereen did 25, Baltazar did 27 and Ra'Shede did 32 last year.

"Cobb's father, Caesar Cobb, wrote in an email to the Pioneer Press"

I really hope this was intentional by his parents, for salad joke purposes.

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

I think Thompson has a good chance to stick with someone next season. Great athlete.

Go Gophers!!

"Cobb's father, Caesar Cobb, wrote in an email to the Pioneer Press"

I really hope this was intentional by his parents, for salad joke purposes.

Hilarious. "Salad Joke Purposes" might be my fantasy football name next year.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...t-s-thompson-steals-show-at-minnesota-pro-day

S Thompson steals show at Minnesota pro day

With running back David Cobb sidelined and tight end Maxx Williams deciding to rest on his NFL combine numbers, safety Cedric Thompson was the hot name during Minnesota's on-campus workouts Monday.

Thompson, who didn't receive an invitation to the NFL combine, ran his 40-yard dash in the 4.38-4.44 range and recorded impressive results in the vertical (40.5-inches), broad jump (10-feet-2) and bench reps (21), according to a scout in attendance. The Gophers safety, who is currently projected as an undrafted free agent, finished his senior season second on the team in tackles (83) with four passes defended and two interceptions.

Cobb was present at Minnesota's pro day but didn't participate as he continues his recovery from a quad strain he suffered at the NFL combine. Cobb plans to hold his own pre-draft workout for teams in early April.

Williams produced mediocre results at the NFL combine, but decided to rest on those numbers. He did go through tight end receiving and blocking drills on Monday.

"I felt good, a pretty solid day," Williams said at Minnesota's pro day. "I was confident with everything I had at the combine. I figured why not come here and get ready for position drills and show them what actual football is."

A potential first-round prospect, Williams ran a 4.78 40-yard dash at the NFL combine with 17 bench press reps, 34.5-inch vertical, 9-feet-9 broad jump, 4.37 short shuttle and 7.30 3-cone drill. He is currently working out in California and said he wants his workouts to "reinforce" that he is the draft's top tight end prospect.

Minnesota senior lineback Damien Wilson also elected to sit on his combine numbers.

Does anyone have any results from the Mankato players that participated today?

Top Bottom