Video: Richard Pitino's Locker Room Speech: Michigan State (Raise the Barn: Overtime)

I felt bad for Elliot as I watched that. Good kid, tough year.

yea eliason's body language has been brutal. i imagine it has to be very difficult for him, but that locker room scene is how he's been on the bench. sulking, last to get up for a timeout, not paying attention during time outs.

Wow Elliot did look miserable. Wow.

If he takes off the jacket no one notices.

Although I agree. Good kid, tough year.

He'll get another opportunity before the season is done...needs to stay with it. I can't imagine how difficult it is though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I remember last year he had a pretty good game against Wisconsin at the Barn. Maybe that game
will get him out of his funk.

He'll get another opportunity before the season is done...needs to stay with it. I can't imagine how difficult it is though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep. If the Gophers make any kind of a run in Chicago I think we'll need EE. Hoping he gets a chance to contribute down the stretch, especially on Senior Day.

Elliott's demeanor was awful in that video, but it has to be crushing for a Senior to go out on an awful season (team record wise) and when a bright spot happens, he doesn't see the court so he doesn't really feel a part of it. He's also probably down that 4 out of 5 GopherHole members still don't spell his name right.

Stop with the sulk, Elliott. This won't be the last time in your life that things don't go your way. It's how you handle it that matters. When the going gets tough, the tough get going. Work hard, keep your head up, and good things will happen.

I felt bad for Elliot as I watched that. Good kid, tough year.
I did not…after watching Kendall Shell be the highest jumping cheerleader with no playing time for 4 years….Elliott got a free ride to college because he's tall. How many short kids get nothing despite working their butts off? I was thrilled with the win…why wouldn't all the players be too?

I did not…after watching Kendall Shell be the highest jumping cheerleader with no playing time for 4 years….Elliott got a free ride to college because he's tall. How many short kids get nothing despite working their butts off? I was thrilled with the win…why wouldn't all the players be too?

So you're comparing Elliot to a walk-on who probably never expected to play much and to yourself, a fan. You aren't comparing apples to apples in either case IMO. This is Elliot's last hurrah and he probably expected to be a contributor on a NCAA tournament team. Instead he's looking at riding the bench during another NIT appearance. Sure, it's great he got 5 free years of school, but that doesn't mean pride and his competitive drive shouldn't matter. And by all accounts, Elliot has still been a great teammate this year as evidenced in the article below. I'm not a fan of making generalizations from a brief video clip.

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci...ositive-attitude-earns-former-starter-elliott

Elliott's demeanor was awful in that video, but it has to be crushing for a Senior to go out on an awful season (team record wise) and when a bright spot happens, he doesn't see the court so he doesn't really feel a part of it. He's also probably down that 4 out of 5 GopherHole members still don't spell his name right.

I was honestly surprised he came back this year and didn't transfer a la Colton Iverson except with grad transfer.

Him and Mo being the same class certainly made things difficult.

ee had every chance he needed to be a starting center as a senior. He hasn't produced offensively what coach wants from the 5. He had a great career, he should try and have a Mav esqu exit from the barn.

Wow Elliot did look miserable. Wow.

My very first thought when I watched this. He looked totally "checked out" on the team. Tough year for a senior.

EE did look miserable there, but it wasn't 2-3 games ago he was playing significant minutes and he will again.

Top Bottom