Pitino Post game: Everyone had doubted us, everyone got off the bandwagon...

Seriously...I'm wide awake. You know a die hard when you're so excited about a game that means virtually nothing as far as The Dance goes.

It took Nyquil and Tequila to put me away last night.

nice to see the Gophers on Sportscenter too. but even with only one Hollins on the team they screw it up and call Andre Lionel's son.
HA! Earlier this season a know-it-all sat behind us explaining all things basketball to his girlfriend - including that little factoid...I was ready to turn around and correct him but decided he was the type to get argue. He was such a pompous guy that I surprisingly got more pleasure out of him being wrong and remaining so. His analysis also sucked, so where would I stop?

It was a team effort but Carlos stepped up and won that game for us (despite the missed FT)- which I love to see for next year. He played really efficiently tonight. Konate and Diedhou are coming a bit and they at least give us some size on defense.

Other than the excitement of the game itself and the fact that I really wasn't expecting a performance like this, the thing I liked most about this game were the multiple contributions throughout the lineup. The Gophers had 5 guys in double figures and #6 was Mason with 9 pts. whereas Trice and Valentine accounted for over half of MSU's scoring.

As far as efficiency, Morris has been relatively efficient overall this year. His PER for the year is 19.0 and 18.5 during the conference schedule. Those are ranked 2nd and 3rd on the team respectively. It's just that he tends to have super efficient games and then pretty inefficient games instead of less variable performances. I was a very big Austin fan but I've been fairly pleased overall with Morris this year.

I think the victory is important because the team has gone through a fair amount of adversity, and Pitino has pretty much pulled the team out of a tailspin. That bodes well for the future... RP seems to have a somewhat bulldog demeanor, that intensity, the will to fix it.
I'm impressed!

Top Bottom