***OFFICIAL GOPHERS VS SPARTANS GAME THREAD!!!!!!!!***

Don't know if anyone else noticed. He was very vocal today, a lot more leading.. Not sure THIS team is listening to him, but next year he just might lead the team.

Also noticed he (and Andre a bit too) were quick to pick guys up after a turnover and offer instruction when needed. It was nice to see. Maybe I was just paying attention to it this game, but I didn't notice that much before.

Also noticed he (and Andre a bit too) were quick to pick guys up after a turnover and offer instruction when needed. It was nice to see. Maybe I was just paying attention to it this game, but I didn't notice that much before.

Maybe KG returning to the T-Wolves inspired them as well.

It's not what Shaka says...It's what richmondinsider says that counts.

For what it's worth, Richmond did as well in a game vs VCU this week and both almost got burned by it. In OT VCU made and then missed a free throw and got an extra possession because the rebound went out of bounds they just failed to convert. In regulation VCU fouled Richmond while up 3 and the same thing happened. Richmond made an inbound bucket to tie and force OT.

Definite uptick in leadership out of Nate. Andre, he's done it before just not very consistently, and I've noticed that when he isn't shooting as much he appears to be less vocal.

Nate Mason had a fantastic game last night. I don't even know the stats, and his late TO aside, he handled the offense with poise and really impressed me. My biggest complaint/concern with Nate was his inability to get a step on people. Consistently had Trice and Tum Tum leaning and was able to penetrate when he wanted to. He is going to struggle against bigger guards and teams for sure. But if he starts to look for the dish (the dribble drive to Mo was fantastic) rather than forcing a shot against a good defender he could be quite a good guard.

He also has a demeanor we have not seen in the Maroon and Gold in a long time, if that can translate to killer instinct/ice in veins/clutch (insert superlative here) he's going to be a nice piece. Hands are quick, smart defensively, and has the mid range extended jumper that I just absolutely love. Get a step or two quicker and a bit stronger and he will be a pain in the ass for the opposition. He Tum Tum and Koenig will be a trio of very solid upper clansman guards in the B1G in 3 years.

Top Bottom