Iowa QB Jake Rudock graduate transferring to Michigan? That's the rumor

I am desperately hoping Shane Morris is the last man standing when the Michigan QB race ends this fall. He may end up being a good QB, but he's been mind-****ed up to this point. His last real action was against the Gophers, and we know what happened. He has been Sonnygarcia's worst Leidner nightmare, but for real.

I'm one of the upstarts that would be happy if Michigan goes into an extended winter and another program takes their place.

I still think the grad school transfer rule is just about the worst rule in college sports.

I still think the grad school transfer rule is just about the worst rule in college sports.

I can't call a rule that requires you to complete a college degree in order to take advantage of it a bad thing.

I am desperately hoping Shane Morris is the last man standing when the Michigan QB race ends this fall. He may end up being a good QB, but he's been mind-****ed up to this point. His last real action was against the Gophers, and we know what happened. He has been Sonnygarcia's worst Leidner nightmare, but for real.

I'm one of the upstarts that would be happy if Michigan goes into an extended winter and another program takes their place.

By "mind-****ed" do you mean brain damaged? 'Cause, yeah, we messed that kid up last year! I agree with your post, and would love to see him be the starter when we face U of Harbaugh next year.

No, more that he performed really poorly, his confidence was likely damaged if not torpedoed Lusitania style, his coaches failed him, and now he's learning a new system under The Fisch.

If a solid kid like Weber regressed under Fisch let's see what happens to a QB that had his confidence shattered and benched.

They've already gone into hibernation and been replaced by Michigan St.

I don't know what's funnier in this situation: that Iowa is losing a 5th year senior QB to Michigan, or that the best the mighty Harbaugh can get is Jake Rudock.

Expected. Break a leg, Jake, break a leg. ;) P.S. And whoa! Click on the ESPN story and take a gander at the new ESPN.com format they must have just launched today/this morning. Thoughts? I like it. Much cleaner and easier to find stories, etc. with less clicking through a bunch of additional additional pages/links.

Expected. Break a leg, Jake, break a leg. ;) P.S. And whoa! Click on the ESPN story and take a gander at the new ESPN.com format they must have just launched today/this morning. Thoughts? I like it. Much cleaner and easier to find stories, etc. with less clicking through a bunch of additional additional pages/links.

Yeah, I saw the update last night. I'm a fan of it too, which is rare for such a drastic change.

They should fix this grad transfer rule by making the guy actually earn his degree.

This doesn't bother me from a football stance. Each division is a two-horse race and this doesn't put Iowa or Michigan into contender status.

Why bother with the rule if not enforced? This smells like a desperate Big Ten trying to bring michigan back to relevance. So, the rule is waived. Shades of the PSU sanctions being lifted last season.

Don't kid yourself, Rudock is a significant upgrade over Morris. I know nothing about the other transfers but I have to believe Harbaugh promised him the position. This kid wants to play. Why leave Iowa otherwise, where Beathard could fold or get injured next season.

This doesn't bother me from a football stance. Each division is a two-horse race and this doesn't put Iowa or Michigan into contender status.

However, Ferentz knows that Michigan is not on his schedule, but on Northwestern and Minnesota's.

They should fix this grad transfer rule by making the guy actually earn his degree.

It probably hurts the gophers as it makes the Michigan game harder as Rudock is probably better than anybody they have plus it doesn't make the Iowa game easier as Bethard was going to be the starter anyways.

It probably hurts the gophers as it makes the Michigan game harder as Rudock is probably better than anybody they have plus it doesn't make the Iowa game easier as Bethard was going to be the starter anyways.
Rudock and Morris both threw for less than 100 yards on the U last year. Iowa's line will be worse. Michigan's starter center quit due to concussions. QBs who can buy time against the secondary concern me. Rudock doesn't fit that mold.

Rudock and Morris both threw for less than 100 yards on the U last year. Iowa's line will be worse. Michigan's starter center quit due to concussions. QBs who can buy time against the secondary concern me. Rudock doesn't fit that mold.

Rudock doesn't terribly concern men but he does a helluva lot more than Morris or anybody with less experience on Michigan's roster than him.

I can't call a rule that requires you to complete a college degree in order to take advantage of it a bad thing.

I can because it basically just helps the "haves " of college football, I don't see many graduate FB transfers to struggling programs.

If the Big Ten grants Rudock a waiver to the intraconference transfer rule, they may as well exempt graduate students from the rule.

Not granting a waiver, is a no win situation for the B1G, it make them appear to be sacrificing a kids education for athletics. Right or wrong the conference isn't going to do that.

i hate to give any current or former hogeye any kind of credit, but it is my understanding he is actually quite a smart kid. believe he is pre-med or a chemistry/biology major, or something of the like. my point being, he more than likely plans to get his degree regardless of where he is playing football, assuming he even gets the nod from harbaugh this season.

Rudock doesn't terribly concern men but he does a helluva lot more than Morris or anybody with less experience on Michigan's roster than him.

I hear you, but just saying. ;) Let's hope we get the same results again this year....against both iowa and meatchicken..........oh and nebraska.......and take ones from ohio state and wisconsin. a man can, and will, dream right? :D they will all be a fight, but i honestly don't feel outlandish saying it.....the ohio state one will be especially tough to pull off obviously, but still.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/kMV8lqBUqT0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rF-iLl_hrB0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5LLvr9u3wOE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

However, Ferentz knows that Michigan is not on his schedule, but on Northwestern and Minnesota's.

Bingo. For Iowa, Rudock transferring to Michigan is really no different than transferring outside of the conference.

Appears so. The Big Ten is making a mockery of their own rules.

I didn't think the Big Ten had any control over grad transfers. I don't think they could stop Rudock even if they wanted to.

I didn't think the Big Ten had any control over grad transfers. I don't think they could stop Rudock even if they wanted to.

They do when it comes to intraconference transfers. The Big-Ten Intraconference Transfer Rule requires all players, including graduate transfers, transferring within the conference to sit out a year and lose an additional year of eligibility. Unless they grant a waiver apparently.

I can because it basically just helps the "haves " of college football, I don't see many graduate FB transfers to struggling programs.
I would say Rudock transferred to a struggling program... :p

Not granting a waiver, is a no win situation for the B1G, it make them appear to be sacrificing a kids education for athletics. Right or wrong the conference isn't going to do that.

This move has nothing to do with Rudock's education. If it was for education, I would have a tough time believing that there isn't a school outside of the Big Ten that fits his educational demands.

Rudock to MI. Yawn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it's really pretty easy-

Kids have 4 yrs to play ball and may switch institutions without play penalty.

no redshirts, no medical redshirts.

simply, 4 yrs to play football while maintaining the academic standards.

Top Bottom