MN Daily: Frost best coach at U

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the Daily:

If history is any indication, Frost will continue to navigate his team to victories.

No, he doesn’t hold as many national titles as a head coach as wrestling’s J Robinson, nor does he carry the same amount of experience as baseball’s John Anderson.

Frost is also not as feisty and willing to throw around his suit coat as men’s basketball’s Richard Pitino, but the hockey coach’s resume of two national titles, five Frozen Four appearances and now five WCHA regular season titles speaks for itself.

He holds a list of accomplishments that could stretch across the width of Ridder Arena, and that list continues to grow with each passing weekend.

Frost’s page on Wikipedia consists of three paragraphs, but at this rate, the page manager better be ready to write a whole lot more about the best coach at Minnesota.

http://www.mndaily.com/sports/womens-hockey/2015/02/15/frost-best-coach-u

Go Gophers!!

Does the writer consider there are a grand total of 35 teams in Division I women's hockey? I would sure expect the U of M with its location, tradition ("state of hockey"), and women's hockey facilities to pile up a ton of wins every season. What percentage of their games are basically decided at the drop of the puck? Absolutely, Frost has a great record, but not exactly facing a whole lot of competition. They have to win 1 game to get to the Frozen Four?

Right now if I had a vote for best coach at the U of M I'd go with Jessica Allister (softball). She's done amazing work in a short amount of time here.

Does the writer consider there are a grand total of 35 teams in Division I women's hockey? I would sure expect the U of M with its location, tradition ("state of hockey"), and women's hockey facilities to pile up a ton of wins every season. What percentage of their games are basically decided at the drop of the puck? Absolutely, Frost has a great record, but not exactly facing a whole lot of competition. They have to win 1 game to get to the Frozen Four?

Right now if I had a vote for best coach at the U of M I'd go with Jessica Allister (softball). She's done amazing work in a short amount of time here.

Between her and coach Kill the two of them have done wonders at the U. Frost simply kept going with the cupboards full to the brim.

Between her and coach Kill the two of them have done wonders at the U. Frost simply kept going with the cupboards full to the brim.

I would have to go with the dance line coach.

Agree. But I have to say, Frost's teams have put together a run of dominance over the past four years or so that is unparalleled in women's hockey (even with the small amount of division 1 programs). With that said, Allister has done an amazing job and would get my vote as well. She has built the softball team into contenders in an incredibly small amount of time. I would rate Allister and Frost as the top two.

Good coach, great team. But will just say that is pretty easy to do when you have virtually no real competition other than Wisconsin to play against. Just saying. :)

Top Bottom