B1G tourney tickets

We should be able to swing that. Will get in touch as we get closer to the tournament.

I think we're staying at a Residence Inn about 8 miles from the arena. Does that ring a bell?

Sounds good. I would assume your hotel is west of downtown.

Not sure, but unlike Indianapolis there are no designated school "gathering spots" when the tournament is held in Chicago. Everything is quite a ways away because the United Center sits in the middle of nowhere. Every year when in it's in Indy the ticket mailing includes a listing of each school's watering hole/eating establishment, not so when in Chicago.

The one thing I noticed in this year's mailing is there's an event for all tournament fans at Navy Pier on Saturday night. Can't remember whether you have to sign up in advance for that.

That's what I am finding out, not like Indy. Sources tell me that Blackfinn Ameripub on the river north is Gopher friendly and the Red Ivy bar in Wrigleyville. Neither are close to United Center though.

Blackfinn is near our hotel so we will check it out. The Gopher alumni group in Chicago has a link to the Blackfinn welcoming fans.

http://www.minnesotaalumni.org/s/1118/content.aspx?sid=1118&gid=1&pgid=501

Got our tickets through family connection at U of Illinois. Unfortunately, sec 305 for all sessions. Planning to move our way down closer if possible. Will be wearing Gopher gear so we'll look for friendly faces.

Top Bottom