B1G tourney tickets

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
Ticket office said they should arrive this week, mid to late week. Outlook is pretty decent that Gophers won't have to play on Wednesday. 2 more wins might be enough, 3 wins for sure.

And keep losing, Nebraska.

Ticket office said they should arrive this week, mid to late week. Outlook is pretty decent that Gophers won't have to play on Wednesday. 2 more wins might be enough, 3 wins for sure.

And keep losing, Nebraska.

Thanks, Selection. Did you get your tickets with your own customer number or someone else's? I cobbled a group of three people with better points totals than mine to get 11 total tickets for my group. The system is making the logisitics of getting tickets more difficult. I'll be in Chicago by Noon or so on Wednesday. Look forward to catching up with your parents and you.

Thanks, Selection. Did you get your tickets with your own customer number or someone else's? I cobbled a group of three people with better points totals than mine to get 11 total tickets for my group. The system is making the logisitics of getting tickets more difficult. I'll be in Chicago by Noon or so on Wednesday. Look forward to catching up with your parents and you.

I ordered through someone a level higher than I was. Looking forward to chatting with you, as well. My folks are doing well, but I don't know how much longer they'll be able to do this every year. My dad is stubborn, though, he thinks he can do it forever, but the Spartans help keep him young!

Looking pretty decent that Gophers might not have to play on Wednesday. Keep fingers crossed.

Do they have sections where certain teams fans sit?

Every school has a block that rotates location each year. Have no idea how they divvy up the tickets among the schools. More schools makes it more complex for everyone but the very high level donors.

I've got to believe that Thursday tickets will be easy and relatively cheap to get via scalper (UC holds 20,000+ for hoops), but I live in Chicago so that's an easy path for me since I don't have to travel without the security of having a ticket.

Wed

I've got to believe that Thursday tickets will be easy and relatively cheap to get via scalper (UC holds 20,000+ for hoops), but I live in Chicago so that's an easy path for me since I don't have to travel without the security of having a ticket.

Wednesday tickets will be even cheaper. I hope the Gophers play on Thursday.

B10 TIX...

You guys are obviously bigger givers than I, my tickets are in 212... Hopefully, no Wednesday games for the Gophers!

200 level

You guys are obviously bigger givers than I, my tickets are in 212... Hopefully, no Wednesday games for the Gophers!

Actually the Club Level (200s) I think is has several advantages over the Lower Level (100s). The sections are smaller, there are lounges for halftimes/between games with TVs showing out of town games, lines for concessions and the restrooms are much smaller.

300 LEVEL...

One of the first years of the tournament we ordered our tickets late and ended up in the 300s, they are bad. Some of the games we didn't attend we tried to sell our tickets, people just laughed at our "uppers". Much better off in a bar...

We (3 of us) are headed to Chicago for the Big Ten Tourney, but did not buy all session tickets. We are hoping to just purchase them from scalpers or other people on the street. Does anyone have experience doing this at the BTT? Will we have trouble doing this? Tips and suggestions are welcome! Thank you.

Go Gophers!

You should have no trouble buying reasonably priced decent tickets. Usually quite a few tickets available. Have fun & Go Gophers.

tix

We (3 of us) are headed to Chicago for the Big Ten Tourney, but did not buy all session tickets. We are hoping to just purchase them from scalpers or other people on the street. Does anyone have experience doing this at the BTT? Will we have trouble doing this? Tips and suggestions are welcome! Thank you.

Go Gophers!

Usually tix on the street are available for face or less, with the one exception being the Saturday semis. 2 years ago, the rate on the street was well over $100. Friday night can be a tough ticket as well depending on the teams playing.

If the Illini get bounced early it becomes more of a buyers market.

BILLY GOATS TAVERN...

The last time we were in Chgo for the B10 tourney there was a lot of "ticket activity" going on at Billy Goats Tavern, not far from the United Center...

We're in 212 row 6 and 7 as well. I think as long as we avoid the third deck, we're pretty good. I would never intentionally pay for third deck seats at United. Way too far away.

We're in 212 row 6 and 7 as well. I think as long as we avoid the third deck, we're pretty good. I would never intentionally pay for third deck seats at United. Way too far away.

Club Level a great spot to be, Holy Man. Kills me not having access to TVs to watch other games when there's a break in the Big Ten action!

Excited for the tournament. Group of 6 of us traveling from South Dakota. 3 Gopher fans and 3 Husker fans. Planning to spend some time at the Billy Goat Tavern.

Is there an official bar for each teams fans to gather at? Thanks.

You will have a blast & they usually assign bars + the U usually has a pep fest. Enjoy.

Pep Fest

You will have a blast & they usually assign bars + the U usually has a pep fest. Enjoy.

There has not been a pep fest for several years since the Tourney expanded to 12 (now 14) teams.

If you're going during the day, just buy the cheapest ticket you can buy, then sit wherever you want. If you can sneak into the club level, I encourage you to do so.

School gathering spots

Not sure, but unlike Indianapolis there are no designated school "gathering spots" when the tournament is held in Chicago. Everything is quite a ways away because the United Center sits in the middle of nowhere. Every year when in it's in Indy the ticket mailing includes a listing of each school's watering hole/eating establishment, not so when in Chicago.

The one thing I noticed in this year's mailing is there's an event for all tournament fans at Navy Pier on Saturday night. Can't remember whether you have to sign up in advance for that.

Not sure, but unlike Indianapolis there are no designated school "gathering spots" when the tournament is held in Chicago. Everything is quite a ways away because the United Center sits in the middle of nowhere. Every year when in it's in Indy the ticket mailing includes a listing of each school's watering hole/eating establishment, not so when in Chicago.

The one thing I noticed in this year's mailing is there's an event for all tournament fans at Navy Pier on Saturday night. Can't remember whether you have to sign up in advance for that.
SS, a bit off topic, did you get tickets to the NCAA games in Omaha?

I would enjoy meeting up and maybe having a beer in between sessions.

We should be able to swing that. Will get in touch as we get closer to the tournament.

I think we're staying at a Residence Inn about 8 miles from the arena. Does that ring a bell?

Top Bottom