Who are your prefered recruits/transfers for the final three spots?

DeathClutch

Reaction score
Who are your prefered recruits/transfers for the final three scholarships?

Mine are:

Kj Walton- He is having a great senior season. Averaging 21ppg. Should be a finalist for Indiana Mr. Basketball. His grades are an issue at this point so it is wait and see with KJ.

Marcus Marshall-We need a go to scorer with Dre graduating. Marshall could be that guy.

A JUCO or Senior transfer big- Haven't heard alot of names on this front yet. We clearly need some experienced frontcourt help though next season.

Cullen Russo, Johnny Woodard and Malik Elison,Jamal from New York, or Sacar Anim.

Ellison, Walton and Boucher (6-9 juco forward). Perhaps Marshall if he can play all of next year-if not then no.

My guess is we will sign one more freshman, a JUCO, and try and get a senior transfer who can play right away.

I wouldn't be surprised if we only end up using 2 of the 3 and banking 1 for the 2016 class and if that happens I would like SF-Malik Ellison and a PF/C-JUCO/Grad Transfer.

I wouldn't be surprised if we only end up using 2 of the 3 and banking 1 for the 2016 class and if that happens I would like SF-Malik Ellison and a PF/C-JUCO/Grad Transfer.

In order of priority:

1) Anyone who can take starter minutes at the 5;
2) Anyone who can take starter minutes at the 3.

Ellison, Walton and Boucher (6-9 juco forward). Perhaps Marshall if he can play all of next year-if not then no.

I had not heard of Boucher until seeing your post. He's skinny as a rail but his Juco stats at Northwest College are phenomenal. Apparently the guy is from Canada and was considered one of the country's better players when competing in secondary school but he played in relative obscurity and didn't get recruited much. I hope they take the chance and go all in to recruit him (if he qualifies academically) and he comes here. Even at a lower level of competition there definitely has to be something there to put up the kind of numbers he has in some games this year. He's even a pretty decent 3 point and free throw shooter.

I'm fine with any of the small forwards/big guards being recruited including Tyler Kohl if he is still interested.

I agree with bga1, but a different order. Elison, Boucher, and Walton.

Ellison, Russo and Boucher would do the trick for me. With so many question marks with our front court next year, I'd like to have options (assuming the staff believes both Russo and Boucher are potential contributors).

It may be interesting to see how big Ellison ends up...his dad was a beast (and seldom, if ever, nervous).

Boucher, Walton, Anim, Woodard, or Marcus Marshall would all make me happy.

Russo is at New Mexico Junior College after playing last year at College of Southern Idaho. Oddly, Boucher was at New Mexico Junior College last season and this year plays at Northwest College in Wyoming. Boucher with 134 blocks in 558 minutes last season. Has about 100 or so this year.

Russo is at New Mexico Junior College after playing last year at College of Southern Idaho. Oddly, Boucher was at New Mexico Junior College last season and this year plays at Northwest College in Wyoming. Boucher with 134 blocks in 558 minutes last season. Has about 100 or so this year.

They should go all out for this guy (Boucher). He was suspended earlier in the season for lying to his coach about failing a class so I hope his recruitment isn't hampered by academic (or other character) issues. We've had some notable run-ins with character issues lately.

They should go all out for this guy (Boucher). He was suspended earlier in the season for lying to his coach about failing a class so I hope his recruitment isn't hampered by academic (or other character) issues. We've had some notable run-ins with character issues lately.

Ohhhh, I was wondering why he wasn't in some of the game stats.

When you go the JUCO route and you are looking at a talented kid there is going to be a little baggage in most cases. Maybe the program will soon be at the point where they don't have to take any chances. We are not there yet.

When you go the JUCO route and you are looking at a talented kid there is going to be a little baggage in most cases. Maybe the program will soon be at the point where they don't have to take any chances. We are not there yet.

Oh, believe me, I'm completely on board with taking any reasonable chances to land this kid and I probably would be even if our program was further along to the point you describe.

1. Ellison
2. Boucher
3. Best possible JUCO or grad transfer regardless of position

1. Ellison/Anim
2. Boucher
3. KJ Walton
4. Juco or transfer C/PF

Boucher with an odd offensive game last night, stats wise. Only 4 field goal attempts. 1-4 from the field, 4-6 from the stripe, 1 offensive rebound, 11 defensive and 4 blocks in 25 minutes of playing time. Opposing team started a 7 footer, wonder if that had any impact on the lack of shots?

Woodward's club had a 5 overtime game on Wednesday, winning 127-122. He was 6-20 from the field. 4-16 from behind the arc. 12-19 on free throws, 8 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 turnovers, 2 blocks, 1 steal in 39 minutes.

Boucher with 30 points, 21 rebounds and 6 blocks yesterday. 1-3 behind the arc.
Woodward with 20 first half points and 32 for his game yesterday. Played at Hamline and recap of the game mentions Gopher coaches in attendance.

Boucher with 30 points, 21 rebounds and 6 blocks yesterday. 1-3 behind the arc.
Woodward with 20 first half points and 32 for his game yesterday. Played at Hamline and recap of the game mentions Gopher coaches in attendance.

The more I learn about this kid, the more my answer to this question is:

1) Boucher;
2) the best small forward or big guard we can get;
3) save it for next year.

Boucher with 32 points yesterday. 13-18 shooting, 2-3 beyond the arc, 4-5 FT's. 11 rebounds, 7 offensive. 6 blocks. Played 36 minutes.

Don't think so. (But, what do I know?) Just post his stats because they're easy to obtain and a few people seemed to like him as a recruit.

A junior college player who can rebound be he 6-6 or 6-10. A great shooter be he 6-0 or 6-6. An athletic JC swing player who is a lock down defender. If we can get three good players don't save one. No projects needed, the two we gambled on last year are enough. Woodward I'm not sold on yet.But he may be the wing we need. Anim sure is playing well. It worries me he is head and shoulders a better high school player than Johnson. The only reservation I have is he another Joe Coleman?

Top Bottom