Nice sweep!!!

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Great weekend of puck. The goals came in droves. Hopefully we can build on this.

Go Gophers!!

Boyd playing like a man possessed right now. If they can roll up another one next weekend, things look a ton brighter for this team's postseason hopes

Well, both UW and OSU suck, honestly, so I'm not going to get excited yet. It's easy to look good vs inferior competition. Before those two, Michigan pummeled us. This time around our confidence level is probably higher and they are home games, so hopefully we can get at least a split and maybe, just maybe a miraculous sweep of Michigan next weekend. If we pull off a sweep, then that changes everything. Even a split leaves us alot of hope. Then the 2 series' vs PSU will be huge.

Well, both UW and OSU suck, honestly, so I'm not going to get excited yet. It's easy to look good vs inferior competition. Before those two, Michigan pummeled us. This time around our confidence level is probably higher and they are home games, so hopefully we can get at least a split and maybe, just maybe a miraculous sweep of Michigan next weekend. If we pull off a sweep, then that changes everything. Even a split leaves us alot of hope. Then the 2 series' vs PSU will be huge.

As bad as we have been at times this year, I would not call a home sweep against anyone "miraculous", especially a 14th ranked Michigan team.

The Gophers and Don are obviously stinging from the well deserved criticism that has been heaped on them. They should have swept Wisconsin. They did sweep a weak OSU team. Next week will be a major test. Can they keep Zach Hyman from skating circles around them this time ? We shall see !

As bad as we have been at times this year, I would not call a home sweep against anyone "miraculous", especially a 14th ranked Michigan team.

Especially a 14th ranked Michigan team??? Are you serious? We've had trouble beating one of the worst teams in the nation, Wisconsin. Merrimack, ring any bells? Beating a 14th ranked Michigan team TWICE, this season, after the Michigan SWEEP of us, could be considered a miracle.

Wisconsin is one of the worst rated teams in the country and all we could muster was 2 wins and 2 ties. We beat OSU twice?! WOW, I'm so impressed. Sorry. I love the Gophers, and will defend them anytime some non-Gopher fan tries to diss them. But you are a Gopher fan, so lets be honest here, we are struggling hardcore this season. I don't like it, I don't want to believe it, but its true. I have hopes that we'll somehow turn the season around and I honestly hope that we could still pull off a Natl Title this year. So I'm both Hot and Cold.

Especially a 14th ranked Michigan team??? Are you serious? We've had trouble beating one of the worst teams in the nation, Wisconsin. Merrimack, ring any bells? Beating a 14th ranked Michigan team TWICE, this season, after the Michigan SWEEP of us, could be considered a miracle.

Wisconsin is one of the worst rated teams in the country and all we could muster was 2 wins and 2 ties. We beat OSU twice?! WOW, I'm so impressed. Sorry. I love the Gophers, and will defend them anytime some non-Gopher fan tries to diss them. But you are a Gopher fan, so lets be honest here, we are struggling hardcore this season. I don't like it, I don't want to believe it, but its true. I have hopes that we'll somehow turn the season around and I honestly hope that we could still pull off a Natl Title this year. So I'm both Hot and Cold.

We are struggling, but it is all self-inflicted. A team with as much talent as we have does not get to claim a miracle when they beat anyone at home. They aren't doing anything special when they sweep a good team at home, they are doing exactly what they are supposed to. I am not going to lower my bar for them just because they chose not to give 100% for most of the year.

We are struggling, but it is all self-inflicted. A team with as much talent as we have does not get to claim a miracle when they beat anyone at home. They aren't doing anything special when they sweep a good team at home, they are doing exactly what they are supposed to. I am not going to lower my bar for them just because they chose not to give 100% for most of the year.

Well, you are right bleed, and maybe a sweep wouldn't be a miracle, in that this last weekend probably gave the team a psychological boost, a shot of confidence that they will need to play good enough to beat a team like Michigan, but I'm thinking about the TIMING of it.

This could be a critical weekend as far as the season as a whole goes. Get swept by Michigan at home? Right before having to travel to play a surprisingly tough PSU in their home rink? MSU isn't going to lay down against us, especially if we are going into that series on a losing streak, and then OSU gets us in their home rink wanting revenge, only for PSU to probably finish us off in our own rink the last weekend of the season.

Who thinks we'd have a chance at that point of winning the Conf Tourney? Can't even remember, do all 6 teams compete?

But a sweep of Michigan puts us in the drivers seat the rest of the way, imho. It could be seen as a miracle if it does what I think it could do, and that would be to inspire this team to play like we all thought they would this season. We could honestly pull off a Regular Season Conf Title, a decent seed in the NCAA tourney, and maybe another run to the Frozen Four and a 2nd chance at winning a Title. Could save Lucia's job?!

Well, you are right bleed, and maybe a sweep wouldn't be a miracle, in that this last weekend probably gave the team a psychological boost, a shot of confidence that they will need to play good enough to beat a team like Michigan, but I'm thinking about the TIMING of it.

This could be a critical weekend as far as the season as a whole goes. Get swept by Michigan at home? Right before having to travel to play a surprisingly tough PSU in their home rink? MSU isn't going to lay down against us, especially if we are going into that series on a losing streak, and then OSU gets us in their home rink wanting revenge, only for PSU to probably finish us off in our own rink the last weekend of the season.

Who thinks we'd have a chance at that point of winning the Conf Tourney? Can't even remember, do all 6 teams compete?

But a sweep of Michigan puts us in the drivers seat the rest of the way, imho. It could be seen as a miracle if it does what I think it could do, and that would be to inspire this team to play like we all thought they would this season. We could honestly pull off a Regular Season Conf Title, a decent seed in the NCAA tourney, and maybe another run to the Frozen Four and a 2nd chance at winning a Title. Could save Lucia's job?!

Ya know there is like some middle ground there. A split this weekend isn't the end of the road. Sweeps are necessary against MSU and OSU. A sweep against Mich or PSU would greatly help our PWR but splits there are likely going to leave us in about the same slot. Obviously I'd like to see us sweep again and if the indication from the team's comments is anything to go by, they'll be ready to do it. I think we get Michigan's best shot Friday and win a tight game (like 3-2) and then we win bigger on Saturday (4-1) as the light bulb fully glows. I think seeing the fall out of the polls and all the hate post-Wisky series for this team was a kick in the nut sack for the players. Let's hope I'm right.

Ya know there is like some middle ground there. A split this weekend isn't the end of the road. Sweeps are necessary against MSU and OSU. A sweep against Mich or t sPSU would greatly help our PWR but splits there are likely going to leave us in about the same slot. Obviously I'd like to see us sweep again and if the indication from the team's comments is anything to go by, they'll be ready to do it. I think we get Michigan's best shot Friday and win a tight game (like 3-2) and then we win bigger on Saturday (4-1) as the light bulb fully glows. I think seeing the fall out of the polls and all the hate post-Wisky series for this team was a kick in the nut sack for the players. Let's hope I'm right.

I've disagreed a lot of your previous posts but I'll give the +1 for this one. So much of making a championship run in hockey is about timing and peaking at the right time. Hopefully this weekend can springboard us in that direction.

I've disagreed a lot of your previous posts but I'll give the +1 for this one. So much of making a championship run in hockey is about timing and peaking at the right time. Hopefully this weekend can springboard us in that direction.

Just ask UND year after year. This year when they've been good all year, maybe they'll do the opposite and get bounced early lol

Top Bottom