Attention all GHers in 231!

How about 231, Where hating Fat Pat is a religion. Or simply F U FAT PAT!

I am definately down with getting a 231 shirt. There are so many good ideas for the shirts. I think we should narrow it down and vote from there.

I am definately down with getting a 231 shirt. There are so many good ideas for the shirts. I think we should narrow it down and vote from there.

I agree GG - I was talking to koreangopher (live from Seoul) yesterday morning. He and I are obviously on board with the shirt idea, but also think that we should continue brainstorming ideas. Really, we're looking to order how many of these things? 20, maybe 30? A run like that can be done by more printing places in two weeks, three weeks tops. That means we basically have all of July to continue brainstorming ideas before getting to a printing in early August with plenty of time before the opener.

I'm happy to continue monitor this thread, bumping when necessary, assembling the ideas and then reposting as a list we can all vote on in about a month.

Dry Stadium? It's not dry in Section 231! Bringing our own refreshments since 2009!

Yeah, a small run like this can be done in two weeks. When I was a CA, it took about that long for our house shirts to come from the printer, and we had about 35 shirts at either $11 or $12 a pop. That figure was in 2005 and I have no idea what they go for now.

As for a timeline, how about we keep brainstorming until July 15, vote until August 1, design the shirts and agree on something by August 15, then order and have the shirts by Labor Day?

I have a guy thru the sports organization I run that we can get some shirts through. He did out softball shirts and everyone loved them and another team called him and ordered their shirts. I think with name and logo and number it was like $15 bucks. That was with an order of about 16 shirts.

bump. Are we all still interested in getting these shirts??

Are we all still interested in getting these shirts??

I think people are, but I think we were putting further pushing for ideas on hold before a pushing through the month of August to get ideas together, vote, and submit a design near the end of the month to print some.

I think you shouldn't broaden it past 231, all GH'ers...

Gopherhole...beware of Loon droppings

i think we should maybe put a poll up for a couple of weeks and then order them after that...would be sweet to have them for a test run at teh august scrimmage.

Go 231!

I think the plan, again, is to brainstorm until the 15th, and then either GopherRock, myself, or one of the other 231'ers will post a poll as to what the shirt should say. That will run until approximately August 1, and at that point, the shirts will be prepared.

As far as broadening the shirts...I say beans to that. You all had your opportunity to sit in the best non-student section in the stadium, and you chose not to. If you want your own shirt, go ahead, but don't try to organize, or we'll break you.

231 or bust...

Hey Section 231, the Dome called, it wants its bad sight lines back.

Sounds good let's get the poll up. (That's what she said)

One more thread bump.

Any more suggestions for the motto should be posted to this thread no later than 10:00 PM CDT tonight.

If I can make a suggestion on the ideas to this point, I like the motto/slogans dealing with the lack of drinks in the suites and the fact that our section will surely be full of a variety of drunks ranging from rowdy to rowdier, but are we looking to blatantly advertise that many of us will be equipped with flasks and making drinks in the game?

I'm still for something that's short and to the point. Not a full sentence, just concise two, three, maybe six words max.

231...A New Era Rushed In
231...Hottest Chili East of the Student Section.

Top Bottom