STrib on Gophers: How have they fallen so far?

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the STrib:

The outside perception of the Gophers men’s hockey team has soured, and the fan chatter is full of controversial rumors. Whispers of locker-room fights, coaches in disagreement and players disassociating themselves from teammates off the ice have fueled gossip within hockey circles. ¶ An imploding locker room and infighting would be prime reasons for the Gophers’ 11-week run of mediocrity that started with a No. 1 ranking and hit its lowest point Monday when the team fell completely out of the polls. But those rumors, the Gophers say, aren’t reality.

“Everyone has their own opinion on what’s happening,” senior captain Kyle Rau said. “I’ve heard all the rumors, and most of them aren’t true, I’ll tell you that.

“We love each other, and everyone on our team has got each other’s backs. So the mood in the [locker room] is fine.”

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/290290031.html

Go Gophers!!

per the STrib:

The outside perception of the Gophers men’s hockey team has soured, and the fan chatter is full of controversial rumors. Whispers of locker-room fights, coaches in disagreement and players disassociating themselves from teammates off the ice have fueled gossip within hockey circles. ¶ An imploding locker room and infighting would be prime reasons for the Gophers’ 11-week run of mediocrity that started with a No. 1 ranking and hit its lowest point Monday when the team fell completely out of the polls. But those rumors, the Gophers say, aren’t reality.

“Everyone has their own opinion on what’s happening,” senior captain Kyle Rau said. “I’ve heard all the rumors, and most of them aren’t true, I’ll tell you that.

“We love each other, and everyone on our team has got each other’s backs. So the mood in the [locker room] is fine.”

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/290290031.html

Go Gophers!!

With how bad we have been playing, the mood better not be fine. These guys better be ticked off at themselves for their performance, and hungry to go do something about it this weekend against the Badgers. I hope he just means that there aren't any stupid interpersonal squabbles going on. If they want to shut up the rumors, start winning more games.

With how bad we have been playing, the mood better not be fine. These guys better be ticked off at themselves for their performance, and hungry to go do something about it this weekend against the Badgers. I hope he just means that there aren't any stupid interpersonal squabbles going on. If they want to shut up the rumors, start winning more games.

Exactly. This is nothing more than classic "circling the wagons" talk. Of course there is something wrong, but nobody will admit it to the media or in a public forum. Like you said, if this is truly their attitude, then it's no wonder they've sucked for the majority of the year. On top of that, if they think everything is fine, it'll be a relief when this group finally leaves the program.

Top Bottom