Anyone else?

MaxyJR1

Reaction score
To keep a positive attitude I have not gone on the Basketball page this year. I feel it's to early to get negative until the coach's system is full in place with more recruits.

Bringing in 4star DB's is keeping the football interest high.

How many others are just football commenters?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I spend 90-95% of my time on the Football board. 5-10% on Basketball board, and that is mostly during the football offseason.

Spend almost all my time on this board, very little on basketball. I would assume the basketball side is in full meltdown mode though with the way that team is playing right now. Agree that Pitino needs more time to get his style of play and players in place.

I'd say 75% football on average, more like 95% football right now because the basketball board gets pretty messy when the team is bad like this. The basketball season has been disappointing, it just makes the long wait til football season even worse. The way the 2015 football class is finishing up has been exciting and has kept things positive for me as a big Gopher football and basketball fan.

I spend almost all my time on the football board. I probably spend about 5% on either the b-ball, or hockey board.

Spend almost all my time on this board, very little on basketball. I would assume the basketball side is in full meltdown mode though with the way that team is playing right now. Agree that Pitino needs more time to get his style of play and players in place.

This is me.

65% football, 25% basketball, 10% off-topic board (until I get ticked off at Costa or Section and quit following those threads for a while.....)

Usually on the football board the most. Spend some time on all the boards. Really going to be a long offseason w/ the Wild, Gopher men's hockey team, and Gopher men's BBall team all struggling. At least this recruiting class is getting me excited for the season to come!

100% Football! I've even stopped following the NFL, I'll catch a game in another sport to kill time, but have stopped following all sports except for College Football, particuarly the Gophers.

Probably 50% Gopherhole football, 25% Gopherhole basketball, 25% Twins Daily

I’ve done a 180 on this over the years.

I’ve had basketball season tickets since 1993 and discovered Gopherhole in about 2000 when googling something about Gopher basketball recruiting. Even though I was also a Gopher football fan, I was only the basketball board for a few years.

That started to change slowly as Mason improved the football team, college football started to overrun my interest in the NFL, and the Williams Arena became a morgue during the Monson years. I remember that I was on the football board a lot as the Alabama bowl game neared, and I’ve been on here ever since. Then the new stadium was set to open and I picked up football season tickets in 2007.

Today I’m on the football board 80 percent of the time. Gopher football is as good as it’s been in my lifetime (on-field performance and game atmosphere added together). I’ve been thinking about giving up the basketball tickets for a few years, especially after the reseating kicked me upstairs, and the skyrocketing football prices are just the shove I’ll need next year. But I’ll keep the football tickets as long as the rest of our group keeps going with me.

The reversal is complete.

There is a basketball board???

50/50 on both. Also love the OT board. Some funny dudes there and some interesting topics outside of the funny dudes.

Simply depends which team is doing better. Right now I am 95% football but if the records were switched it would be opposite. During Tubby's last year, particularly the beginning of that season and Pitino's first summer on the recruiting trail, I was 95% basketball. Last year it was mostly whichever season it was in because both teams were about equal.

And I get a kick out of the posters who spend more of their time on the OT board than they do actually discussing gopher sports.

60% Gopherhole Football
30% TheGuillotine (wrestling)
10% ESPN College Football (BigTen)

btw...what's this 'basketball' you speak of??

I’ve done a 180 on this over the years.

I’ve had basketball season tickets since 1993 and discovered Gopherhole in about 2000 when googling something about Gopher basketball recruiting. Even though I was also a Gopher football fan, I was only the basketball board for a few years.

That started to change slowly as Mason improved the football team, college football started to overrun my interest in the NFL, and the Williams Arena became a morgue during the Monson years. I remember that I was on the football board a lot as the Alabama bowl game neared, and I’ve been on here ever since. Then the new stadium was set to open and I picked up football season tickets in 2007.

Today I’m on the football board 80 percent of the time. Gopher football is as good as it’s been in my lifetime (on-field performance and game atmosphere added together). I’ve been thinking about giving up the basketball tickets for a few years, especially after the reseating kicked me upstairs, and the skyrocketing football prices are just the shove I’ll need next year. But I’ll keep the football tickets as long as the rest of our group keeps going with me.

The reversal is complete.

This. Except put me back to 98 and I'm on football 95% of time. I don't even really watch the tourney anymore.

83.97% 7 National Titles Football Forum (do more reading than posting because I do not want to make Gopher Football fans mad by pointing out how little they know about football), 26.73% Basketball Forum, 19.66% Hockey, 16.45% Wrestling board, 15.92% banned, and 100% tOTB.

50/50 on both. Also love the OT board. Some funny dudes there and some interesting topics outside of the funny dudes.

98% football, 1% basketball and 1% Off Topic. I keep forgetting to look at the OT board, but I agree, I have some belly laughs reading those opinions. Really some good entertainment over there.

Have been 50/50 over the last few years... BUT....The mood on the B-Ball board is not the greatest at the moment.

I used to be 50-50 until sometime during the Tubby years. Then for different reasons regarding both sports I'm now about 95% football and 5% basketball. I haven't really figured it out because I closely followed hoops in the Monson era and couldn't of been happier when Tubby was hired. I even enjoyed Tubby's luggage boy who claimed to be his very close best friend. The more I think about it, JK has simply made football the most compelling sport to follow at the U. And so I spend more time reading and watching Gopher Football news and don't have much left for basketball.

College basketball is in the toilet.

Our squad has nothing to do with that.

I'm the opposite, probably about 75-80% basketball. I check the FB board once a day or so to look for commitments.

I think the BB board has been as balanced as you could reasonably expect. I don't go in the game threads though because that's where most of the meltdown happens. Overall I think people are disappointed but realize it takes time to transition to a new coach. Pitino has recruited well for '15 and is off to a good start in '16 as well, which helps give some hope for the future.

Top Bottom