Mose Hall commits to Gophers

He's probably reporting a legit 40 time, unlike most. Nearly all interior linemen coming out of HS are 5 seconds or slower. The rest lie.
We give this guy nasa too much credit. I bet he does not know the difference between a good 40 time for d linemen and a good 40 time for a wide receiver or corner. I watched his video again and like Mose even more. Plenty of quickness. Nasa you look foolish calling him slow.

I smell a Badger, Hawkeye or NDSU fan Nasa. Which one are you?

He's probably reporting a legit 40 time, unlike most. Nearly all interior linemen coming out of HS are 5 seconds or slower. The rest lie.

Nope they all should run 4.7 or lower 40s. For reference Haloti Ngata ran a 4.99.

But his tape does show good quickness. Hope he gets stronger while he red shirts.

Are you one of the Gopher coaches that know this is for sure? You can speculate, but that is all it is until the roster comes out. Hope you are correct, but I would like to see it to be satisfied.

This makes two. Beebe is on record as saying the staff wants him to play DE, so that's where he'll play. Not sure how that's not a DL recruit?

I watched his video and I saw a lot of Steven Richardson in him. A lot of drive, good pad level, good motor... only true concern I see, is his tackling technique, which no doubt can be coached. He just seems to tackle with his hands a lot rather than drive thru the runner with his shoulder pads.

Steven Richardson? Richardson is extremely quick, low to the ground, had 18 sacks his SR year and was penciled to play immediately before he ever stepped on campus. Hall has a completely different build than Richardson, is playing a different position and is a long term project. Not to say he won't develop into a player after a few years in the system, but I really don't see any Steven Richardson in him.

Welcome, Mr. Hall. Defense begins in the middle of the field. Recruiting defensive tackles, the hardest job. I think he can red shirt, spend the year in the weight and conditioning program. I would like to see him playing at 290. Work on strength and explosion. I have written before, there should be at least 1 DT in every recruiting class.

Reading the Wake Forest board, they were also interesting in Mose Hall. Don't recall seeing an offer, but they must have been sniffing. If you read their recruiting thread on their scout board, they've had like 6 or 7 guys decommit in the past week and they just keep adding guys. Not sure I'd like that kind of movement.

This "slow" thing feels like a troll.

I know nothing about Mose Hall other than his highlight reel but speed seemed to be his biggest asset. He seems to be a guy who needs to get a bit stronger before being a Big 10 DT, but that is typical for a hs DL.

He has a good frame for putting on weight and he seems to be a good athlete.

Welcome aboard Mose!

I agree. Nothing from his tape makes me think "slow"... nasa35 come on man! What's the deal here?

Yeah, seems like the consensus is Hall actually ends up as a strong-side DE. Of course it'll depend on how his body reacts to the strength program though.

Top Bottom