Mose Hall commits to Gophers

Curseislifted33

Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Rivals shows a scheduled visit to Maryland 1/30. Wonder if he'll still take it.

Looks like they are developing a nice pipeline to that school in Alabama.

Was 2nd Team All State class 7A. Played on the offensive line junior year.

I don't get the slow stuff either. A defensive lineman only has to be quick and not necessarily fast. If he is quick off the ball ... can quickly cover his 5 yards then we got a good guy. Who cares how fast he is in the 40 or even a 20 for that matter. In looking at the video he looks strong, quick and that should do just fine for us. I'm sure the first thing these guys do is come to a website like this to see what the reaction of his commitment is. Then you got guys criticizing him. I just say welcome to MN. Hope things go well for you Mose!!!!!!!

I am not a big believer in the infallibility of measurables. I do believe that certain athletes are simply good football players despite the lack of superior speed, size, length, etc. Of course a player has to be in the ball park but it is obvious to me that Coach Kill can identify and develop players who know how to play football even if they couldn't make anyone head spin running around cones.

"Hi Mose, my name is Coach Klein. I will be your best friend so get used to it. When I'm done with you, Ill turn you over to Coach Kill and his guys. Lets get started!"

I am not a big believer in the infallibility of measurables. I do believe that certain athletes are simply good football players despite the lack of superior speed, size, length, etc. Of course a player has to be in the ball park but it is obvious to me that Coach Kill can identify and develop players who know how to play football even if they couldn't make anyone head spin running around cones.

++1

You do know that that is sort of the opposite of how Kill recruits, right? They look for speed and length, everything else can be coached up or built in the weight room with Klein. Himself and the other coaches have always been saying this, most recently a couple days ago on Tom Lemming's show. Now some of them are more of just football players like Beebe but a lot of them are definitely athletic, longer projects. And the coaches believe Hall has a ton of upside.

Correction, that is two

Are you one of the Gopher coaches that know this is for sure? You can speculate, but that is all it is until the roster comes out. Hope you are correct, but I would like to see it to be satisfied.

Are you one of the Gopher coaches that know this is for sure? You can speculate, but that is all it is until the roster comes out. Hope you are correct, but I would like to see it to be satisfied.

Fair enough. But then you can't say we only have one DL commit either as you don't know for sure.

Defensive linemen recruits 2014

Illinois - 0
Michigan - 0 on
Penn St - 1 DE

Oh gawd! How will they ever get by?!?!!?!?!?!?!?

This "slow" thing feels like a troll.

I know nothing about Mose Hall other than his highlight reel but speed seemed to be his biggest asset. He seems to be a guy who needs to get a bit stronger before being a Big 10 DT, but that is typical for a hs DL.

He has a good frame for putting on weight and he seems to be a good athlete.

Welcome aboard Mose!

I don't get the slow stuff either. A defensive lineman only has to be quick and not necessarily fast. If he is quick off the ball ... can quickly cover his 5 yards then we got a good guy. Who cares how fast he is in the 40 or even a 20 for that matter. In looking at the video he looks strong, quick and that should do just fine for us. I'm sure the first thing these guys do is come to a website like this to see what the reaction of his commitment is. Then you got guys criticizing him. I just say welcome to MN. Hope things go well for you Mose!!!!!!!

+1

I watched his video and I saw a lot of Steven Richardson in him. A lot of drive, good pad level, good motor... only true concern I see, is his tackling technique, which no doubt can be coached. He just seems to tackle with his hands a lot rather than drive thru the runner with his shoulder pads.

From his tape, you can see that his left big toe lacks the proper flexibility. Probably why he didn't have more offers.

over a 5 second 40, that's slow

He's probably reporting a legit 40 time, unlike most. Nearly all interior linemen coming out of HS are 5 seconds or slower. The rest lie.

From his tape, you can see that his left big toe lacks the proper flexibility. Probably why he didn't have more offers.

+1 I agree with you. That is going to make it difficult for him to go toe to toe with his opponent.

Top Bottom