In the next 5 years who makes the most trips to the dance, Pitino or Stollings?

Guys, come on. Hinrich was a 4 year contributor (not positive he started his freshman year) at KANSAS!. Beno Udrih was a rookie of the year in a Slovanian league before coming over to the states. Both were extremely skilled players to get drafted into the NBA. They weren't drafted to be backup PGs who simply run the offense, that's where they ended up. Sessions, I'm not sure what his path was to the NBA, his Basketball-Reference profile doesn't scream NBA talent, so that might be a decent example of how Nate Mason COULD end up in the NBA, but he's an exception, not the rule.

I'm not tearing Mason down, I just think it's quite the stretch for people to legitimately expect Nate Mason to end up on an NBA roster someday. It just doesn't happen that frequently, especially at the guard position, for a non explosive/super skilled player to get legitimate draft expectations. Could it happen? Sure, crazier things have happened. Am i expecting Nate Mason to be our first NBA guy since ??? Nope. I'd argue Bakary Konate has a better chance at making a team than Nate just based on physical makeup. And I'm not arguing that Bakary Konate will make the NBA, just so we are clear.

you're right. we're comparing him to first round guys. I was honestly thinking he'd have a better shot as a 2nd round pick after 3 or 4 years at MN. Bakary could develop if he add some shot blocking more a 6'11" long center who can move and block shots will get drafted even without an offensive game.

If Mason can become a great defender there will be a 3 and D roll for him in the pros. He can shoot the ball much better than Aaron craft who can't get that roll at the next level because of a lack of outside shot. Think Patty mills #55 overall his year with better shot selection.

Top Bottom