Bryce Witham committed

The thread title threw me off a bit, nice addition!

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/athlete/750346/highlights/162903377' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

STrib: Gophers land commitment from Michigan tight end Bryce Witham

The Gophers continued rounding out this year's recruiting class Monday, when they got a commitment from Bryce Witham, a tight end from Grand Rapids (Mich.) West Catholic.

The 6-4, 240-pound Witham is a consensus three-star recruit who also had reported offers from Central Michigan, Southern Miss and Toledo. He is the Gophers' 21st commitment in this year's class.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/289866391.html

Go Gophers!!

16 TD's on 42 catches (38%), I'll take that. At least at the HS level he was very difficult to tackle. Welcome!

STrib: Gophers land commitment from Michigan tight end Bryce Witham

The Gophers continued rounding out this year's recruiting class Monday, when they got a commitment from Bryce Witham, a tight end from Grand Rapids (Mich.) West Catholic.

The 6-4, 240-pound Witham is a consensus three-star recruit who also had reported offers from Central Michigan, Southern Miss and Toledo. He is the Gophers' 21st commitment in this year's class.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/289866391.html

Go Gophers!!

All for the strib messing up in our favor for a change but tough to call a kid a consensus 3* recruit when one of the biggest sites (rivals) lists him as a 2* guy.

Class should be filling out in the next few days, will be interesting to see how it shakes out. The Recruiting Class to this point seems pretty much in line with what Kill has done in previous classes here, not a lot in the way of elite talent on paper but more then likely a class filled with a bunch of solid players.

That's an impressive highlight reel - he's punishing guys left and right in that video. Looks like he moves well in space after he gets the ball in his hands as well.

I like the guys we have waiting in the wings, but the addition of this kid makes me believe that
Minnesota's Tight End Tradition is very safe.

6'4" and 240? He could end up being a real big boy.

I thought he looked awfully lean for 6'4" 240, when I saw the highlight reel it thought he was a couple years of weight training from being a force. Don't lose an ounce of speed/mobility and continue running with reckless abandon. Kid could be nice.

Pretty impressive. He is 6'4 240. Maxx was 6'4 220 coming out of HS. What impressed me is they actually ran WR screens to him. At 240(likely fraudulent), that is pretty impressive. Pretty good speed for his size.

Red Shirt?

If I was going to put money on it I would say the likelyhood of a redshirt would be somewhere in the neighborhood of 99.99%. Given the other options we have at TE on the roster I will be shocked if he plays next season.

If I was going to put money on it I would say the likelyhood of a redshirt would be somewhere in the neighborhood of 99.99%. Given the other options we have at TE on the roster I will be shocked if he plays next season.

Agreed. Barring injury to an intended starter, I bet he red-shirts this year.

No way he's actually 6'4" - looked about 6'1" in the highlight clips

Top Bottom