Tom Dienhart's top 5 Minnesota Golden Gophers to replace in 2015

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Dienhart:

Here’s a look at the Top Five Minnesota players who must be replaced.

RB David Cobb. He was a franchise player and workhorse who ran 314 times for 1,626 yards—both school single-season records–in 2014. Cobb’s 2,893 career rushing yards rank seventh all-time in program history.

G Zac Epping. He started 47 straight games, helping Minnesota rush for 2,801 yards (215.5 ypg, 6th in Big Ten) and 32 TDs last season.

S Cedric Thompson. The leader of an underrated defense, Thompson had a knack for making big plays.

TE Maxx Williams. He opted to turn pro after playing just two seasons, earning Big Ten Tight End of the Year honors as a redshirt sophomore.

LB Damien Wilson. He paced the team with 119 tackles (most tackles by a Gopher since Kim Royston made 123 in 2011) and led Minnesota with 10.5 tackles for loss and tied for the team lead with 4.0 sacks.

http://btn.com/2015/01/26/tom-dienharts-top-5-minnesota-golden-gophers-to-replace-in-2015/

Go Gophers!!

this list in this order is an example of someone who does not follow the team very closely!

that is the problem with people and thinking they know everything.

not that these 5 guys are not the ones i just would put replacing the RB as the least o my worries at this time. LB is a position that will need someone to o step up and depth there will also be an issue.

RB we have depth and it is easier to replace by committee at the RB position,

TE is another spot wheree the coaches might not have seen Maxx leaving early and might be hard to find the guy that can step in. it will have to be someone without a lot of experience like Duke or someone.

DB's are fine and have talented guys returning and young talented guys coming up

OL is also a spot where there is plenty of talented guys in the queue to fill in. experience will be an issue but guys will move around and they will be fine

this list in this order is an example of someone who does not follow the team very closely!

that is the problem with people and thinking they know everything.

not that these 5 guys are not the ones i just would put replacing the RB as the least o my worries at this time. LB is a position that will need someone to o step up and depth there will also be an issue.

RB we have depth and it is easier to replace by committee at the RB position,

TE is another spot wheree the coaches might not have seen Maxx leaving early and might be hard to find the guy that can step in. it will have to be someone without a lot of experience like Duke or someone.

DB's are fine and have talented guys returning and young talented guys coming up

OL is also a spot where there is plenty of talented guys in the queue to fill in. experience will be an issue but guys will move around and they will be fine

Not to be that guy and I agree with a lot of your points but there is a reason he put them in the order he did.....alphabetical.

Cobb
Epping
Thompson
Williams
Wilson

Top Bottom