How do you FEEL about Coach K's 1000th win?

Reaction score
1. I could care less.
2. I resent that he achieved it with T. Jones as the leading scorer.
3. Yeah, I'm happy for ya.
4. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.
5. Shows what privilege can yield.
6. Can't wait for victory 1,500!

1. I could care less.

Great accomplishment-it's nuts not to respect the guy. I was pulling for St Johns though.

Great accomplishment-it's nuts not to respect the guy. I was pulling for St Johns though.

I know! Why, just think what he has done for the self image of men who dye their hair. And I'm fairly certain that every guy with a facial twitch is just over the moon. And all this with a bad back, too.

Not a warm spot in my heart for Duke, but that is one heck of an accomplishment.

I think the only thing that really annoyed me about the entire sequence was Tyus pumping his fist after he forced a turnover after they were already up 8 in the final minute. Calm down, kid.

Hey, it is an amazing accomplishment, no question. It's the Duke mystique that's annoying, thus my sarcasm.

Not a warm spot in my heart for Duke, but that is one heck of an accomplishment.

I think the only thing that really annoyed me about the entire sequence was Tyus pumping his fist after he forced a turnover after they were already up 8 in the final minute. Calm down, kid.

Tyus made a smart decision choosing Duke and it's working out well for him. Others can say what they want, but I'm rooting for the kid. He's played great so far this season for the most part.

It's like winter: I knew it was coming, but I didn't have to get excited about it.

Only thing I resent about Coach K is his relationship with USA basketball and ability to recruit kids at a much greater rate than any other coach in the NCAA. He essentially gets to try out ever top tier talent during their most impressionable summers and decide who is a good fit for him and who isn't and vice versa. He should be able to get anyone he wants, and basically does.

I don't base my opinions around feelings. I respect coach k and he's earned it from all of cbb.

Only thing I resent about Coach K is his relationship with USA basketball and ability to recruit kids at a much greater rate than any other coach in the NCAA. He essentially gets to try out ever top tier talent during their most impressionable summers and decide who is a good fit for him and who isn't and vice versa. He should be able to get anyone he wants, and basically does.
Agree, but that's the only gripe I have with him. I hate Duke with every fiber of my being, but with how fickle college hoops can be, it's pretty amazing that the guy who coached for Duke against "Never Nervous" Pervis Ellison for the national title in 86 is still rolling with no sign of slowing down.

Agree, but that's the only gripe I have with him. I hate Duke with every fiber of my being, but with how fickle college hoops can be, it's pretty amazing that the guy who coached for Duke against "Never Nervous" Pervis Ellison for the national title in 85 is still rolling with no sign of slowing down.

Yup, if you've ever coached a minute of basketball you've gotta have some sort of respect for Coach K. I'm not a Duke fan, my brother is one so it make them almost unbearable at times.

So you DO care about it then.

1TEAMALpspse6oac6bwq05rPo1_400.png

I admire his 73 Ws at West Point.

Lol I love the "care" continuum, so useful in a variety of contexts. Shouldn't the horizontal access be scaled negative to positive caring?

I do care, pretty much about everything; for example, I despise cheesecake and I care deeply if it threatens my olfactory boundaries. I acknowledge caring far more negatively about cheesecake than Coach K's success, which I freely validate is highly impressive and was accomplished in an extraordinarily loveable way.

Better K than Bobby Knight. Damning with faint praise I know.

1. I could care less.

Couldn't care less! Come on, people!

Top Bottom