GopherSports: Busy Month For Botticelli

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per GopherSports:

Coming out of college and entering the real world can be a challenge for many students. But numerous college athletes are thrown into the transition after college to begin training for the ‘pros.’

And for Gophers football defensive lineman Cameron Botticelli, this story has recently become a reality.

After playing in his last game as a Gopher in the Buffalo Wild Wings Citrus Bowl in Orlando, Botticelli caught a plane the next afternoon to train in Nashville for the NFLPA (National Football League Players Association) Collegiate Bowl game in California. As most of his teammates were headed back to Minneapolis, he was Music City bound. The only familiar face at his new, albeit temporary, home was his cat, Tinkerbell, who traveled from Minneapolis to Orlando to Nashville with him.

“This past month, I’ve felt like a nomad,” said Botticelli, who has aspirations to be a late round pick in the NFL draft or to sign with a team as a free agent. “It’s a really hectic schedule. I guess I didn’t realize how much comfort having a designated routine every day for the past five years really brought me.”

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/012315aaa.html

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom