Kill will be on Lemming Report at 5:30 on CBS Sports Network tonight

die hard gopher

Reaction score
Pundits also are more aware of the Gophers program. Kill will become the first Gophers coach in a decade to appear Friday on the Lemming Report, a CBS Sports Network show.

And Kill, who won Big Ten coach of the year honors, will be up against Ohio State's Urban Meyer, Florida State's Jimbo Fisher and Alabama's Nick Saban for the show's coach of the year award.

"The other ones are major powers -- Ohio State, Florida State and Alabama. Minnesota doesn't have that drawing power, but (Kill) still had a great year," Lemming said. "When you take everything in perspective, he probably had the best year. He had much less talent than the other schools. He did a remarkable job hanging in there with the powerhouses."

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_27375988/us-bowl-bounce-is-still-year-away

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Thanks for the heads up on this.

Go Gophers!!

won't miss this-so happy for such a stand-up person and coach like Kill to get this sort of recognition...screw those other guys, they aren't half the person and inspiration Kill is IMHO

When you take Lemming's quote about accomplishing so much with less talent, imagine how great a coach he'd be with top talent! Top talent recruits should be drooling and lining up to play for Coach Kill!

Awesome, thanks for the heads up! Hopefully I can get done with work in time to get home and catch it!

DVR is set! I'm thankful for GopherHole and my DirecTV app.

Billy Glascock is a top 5 finalist for Tom Lemming's top director of operations.

Jerry Kill is Tom Lemming's head coach of the year! Other finalists were Saban, Meyer and Jimbo.

When you take Lemming's quote about accomplishing so much with less talent, imagine how great a coach he'd be with top talent! Top talent recruits should be drooling and lining up to play for Coach Kill!

If only it actually worked that way. Top recruits typically prefer deep pockets to a thick playbook.

I missed this, anyone watch this tonight? Curious how it went.

I'm always reminded of the type of player that TCU built their program with and the types that they get now.
Lots of developmental types, HS QBs moved to other positions, they built themselves up on scheme and guys who maybe were overlooked. Now it helped that they were playing in a lesser conference and had local Texas prospects to sift through, but now they get legit talent. It'll be interesting to see if that's something Kill can get in 3years or so after another handful of good seasons.

Top Bottom