Hunter Register Commits!

die hard gopher

Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/athlete/1671855/highlights/178468376' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>.

As one of the Gophers staff is fond of saying "The Gophers just got better" tonight.

Bet the coaches are real happy that Hunter Register chose to be a Gopher. Nice get for the wide receiver crew.
For some reason Mr Registers twitter handle made me think of the "LA Women" song and Jim Morrison.
" MR MOJO RISIN" "Mr Mojo Risin" Got to keep on risin, 'RISIN.. risin'.
"On the rise", "Got to keep on Risin', Gophers are "on the rise" and have some good mojo going this recruiting season.
Gophers Got to keep on Risin. Welcome to the Gopher family, Mr Register and SKI-U-MAH!
Last season brick by brick, this season The Bricks are RISIN, another Brick is RISIN up in the wall. Big 10 West champs in 2015!

Great news for everyone involved.

Congratulations, Mr. Register! We're going to enjoy this trip together!

Bet the coaches are real happy that Hunter Register chose to be a Gopher. Nice get for the wide receiver crew.
For some reason Mr Registers twitter handle made me think of the "LA Women" song and Jim Morrison.
"On the rise", "Got to keep on Risin', Gophers are "on the rise" and have some good mojo going this recruiting season.
Gophers Got to keep on Risin. Welcome to the Gopher family, Mr Register and SKI-U-MAH!
Last season brick by brick, this season The Bricks are RISIN, another Brick is RISIN up in the wall. Big 10 West champs in 2015!

You been drinking tonight? ;)

Welcome to the U! Great get!

Did you smoke your Glaucoma medicine before writing this post? ;)

I love these big receivers! Welcome aboard!

I know I looked earlier, but can't recall. WMU offer?

I like how he adjusts his body to the ball and can catch a poorly thrown ball - two things lacking from our current receiver set.

I seriously doubt he'll help us much. What if we need a first down to take some time off the clock? All this guy does is score touchdowns! We're gonna score too quickly. (JK) I know it's a highlight tape but it was very fun to see. (thanks for the link) Faster than everybody on that field and willing to hit people. Pretty nice combo.
Impressive, goes for the ball, adjusts to the flight of the ball, punishes people or just flies by em.
Look for somebody lighting somebody up on the first kickoff return for touchdown around midfield. Boom!

The Advertiser: Register makes verbal commitment to Minnesota

A recruiting process that had been a long and time-consuming process came to an end on Wednesday as Comeaux High’s Hunter Register issued a verbal commitment to continue his football career at the University of Minnesota.

“I’m really excited,” Register said. “It was a long process and a lot of thought went into it. People’s feelings were hurt and people were happy about it, but it was something that I really had to think about and (do) what was best for me.”

Register, who had opportunities to play basketball and football in college, took visits to Minnesota, UL and Tulane and ultimately chose to play receiver for the Golden Gophers over Memphis, Tulane and Indiana.

“Minnesota is a big school,” Register said. “It’s like going to New York City when coming from Lafayette. There’s skyscrapers everywhere, the fans, there’s like 100,000 people in there and ESPN every week, week in and week out.”

http://www.theadvertiser.com/story/...r-makes-verbal-commitment-minnesota/22144921/

Go Gophers!!

The Advertiser: Register makes verbal commitment to Minnesota

A recruiting process that had been a long and time-consuming process came to an end on Wednesday as Comeaux High’s Hunter Register issued a verbal commitment to continue his football career at the University of Minnesota.

“I’m really excited,” Register said. “It was a long process and a lot of thought went into it. People’s feelings were hurt and people were happy about it, but it was something that I really had to think about and (do) what was best for me.”

Register, who had opportunities to play basketball and football in college, took visits to Minnesota, UL and Tulane and ultimately chose to play receiver for the Golden Gophers over Memphis, Tulane and Indiana.

“Minnesota is a big school,” Register said. “It’s like going to New York City when coming from Lafayette. There’s skyscrapers everywhere, the fans, there’s like 100,000 people in there and ESPN every week, week in and week out.”

http://www.theadvertiser.com/story/...r-makes-verbal-commitment-minnesota/22144921/

Go Gophers!!

ummm 100,000....he might have overshot that one a little. Love the name, wonder if the staff views him as a receiver or someone who can put on some weight and become more of a receiving TE at some point? We are certainly bringing in a lot of height at the WR position, now we just need to hope some of these guys prove to be legit weapons in the passing game.

It will be nice to see a big group of big WR's. In the Big Ten and the colder weather cities I have always thought the bigger WR's made the most sense. Lets just hope these players can perform on the field. Maybe its just as important to say I hope these players get a chance to show what they can do on the field.

The Advocate: Comeaux’s Hunter Register commits to Minnesota

My favorite part:

Register didn’t even let his parents know where he was going until Monday, after the Louisiana-Lafayette basketball game. Register’s brother Hayward is a guard on the Cajuns basketball team.
Harold D. Register Jr., Register’s father, said that the Minnesota coaching staff was looking for an answer this late in the recruiting stage.
“They said, ‘You’ve got to let us know. We have never gone this deep in the recruiting process and have not gotten a commitment.’ So I got him home Monday after the UL basketball game … and said, ‘Look son, let’s make a decision. Let me know now.’
“He was concerned about us whether we would follow him to Minnesota, and I said, ‘Boy, please.’ ”

Imagine trying to make a decision like that as an 18 year old, taking into account not only what’s best for you athletically and educationally, but also the feelings of friends and family.

http://theadvocate.com/sports/acadianapreps/11397301-123/comeauxs-hunter-register-commits-to

Welcome Hunter to Gold Country! We look forward to you being a Golden Gopher!!!

Go Gophers and SKI-U-MAH!

Top Bottom