After crapping the bed, how did you like Pitino giving Miles a big hug?!!!!

Reaction score
Just me, but I thought that sucked. Junior has to much of " Mr Rogers" demeanor on the court for me, especially after the way the Nebraska players hacked up the game with cheap shots. You just played one of the worst basketball games I can ever remember a Gopher team playing and you give Miles a hug like he is your long lost brother! There's a point of being dapper , but that was BS.

Just me, but I thought that sucked. Junior has to much of " Mr Rogers" demeanor on the court for me, especially after the way the Nebraska players hacked up the game with cheap shots. You just played one of the worst basketball games I can ever remember a Gopher team playing and you give Miles a hug like he is your long lost brother! There's a point of being dapper , but that was BS.

Curious myself.

Not as bad as every NFL Draft pick hugging the commissioner on draft day.

WTF? Did you want him to punch him in the junk? Last week we're over analyzing him yelling at Ben at the end of the game. Now it's him hugging Miles. His team played like ****, why should that affect his relationship/friendship with another coach?

Who cares, giving the other coach a hug didn't lose the game. I'm sure you can find thousands of other games where coaches have done similar things after a loss

I haven't slept since. May never sleep again.

They have a lot in common after watching their teams trying their best to give the game to the other team.

They have a lot in common after watching their teams trying their best to give the game to the other team.
Ha! This about what I thought too! Miles was probably saying, 'no, don't look me in the eye, we don't want to start laughing at this point'

Give me a break. While it got a bit chippy last night, Tim Miles is a class act. If he'd hugged the Grinch, you'd have a point.

Miles and Pitino have had friendly back n forths through the media, I'm under the impression they are more than just coaches in the same conference. They are peers and maybe even friends, they had the same response we all did, "what the f did I just watch?"

A limp handshake after that game was the proper etiquette . I bet Bill Musselman rolled over in his grave.

He should of punched him cuz I like a coach what gots dat dere fire in the belly

A limp handshake after that game was the proper etiquette . I bet Bill Musselman rolled over in his grave.

Jesus, Ruppert, I enjoy your posts, but settle down. You're giving us old guys a bad reputation.

After having seen enough, I turned the game off with three and a half minutes to go and gave my wife a hug. I probably should have shunned her.

After having seen enough, I turned the game off with three and a half minutes to go and gave my wife a hug. I probably should have shunned her.

I got lots of hugs from her until you butted in.

This was the first big ten game i have seen the gophers play on the road where i felt the opponent actually got crappier calls. Nebraska is a big physical big ten team. We are trying another route and at the end of games, we the weaker team are not making the plays.

This is the dumbest thing I've read this week

Maybe Richard gave Tim a hug because he was genuinely concerned about his well being? After watching him jump and scream like an idiot for a foul call on Morris' block in the final minute I know I was. The fans weren't even asking for a foul.

I see nothing wrong with this AT ALL. This is how sports should be, battle it out on the court, but respect each other after the game is over. Many of the Big 10 coaches are close. We were able to spend time with Coach Miles and Coach Mo after the game and they had nothing but good things to say about Pitino, they called him a "class act," and said they really thought he'd get it done at MN.

I mean, would you rather have a coach like Tom Crean that no one wants to hug? ;)

I see nothing wrong with this AT ALL. This is how sports should be, battle it out on the court, but respect each other after the game is over. Many of the Big 10 coaches are close. We were able to spend time with Coach Miles and Coach Mo after the game and they had nothing but good things to say about Pitino, they called him a "class act," and said they really thought he'd get it done at MN.

I mean, would you rather have a coach like Tom Crean that no one wants to hug? ;)

+1

Or CheatiPari?

Thanks for being the voice of reason.

I'd rather see him do that than yell at one of his assistants.

Maybe being a Big Ten mens basketball coach comes with a bit of jerk attitude. Our coach (from a couple of sources that I trust) is a bit of a jerk when it comes to dealing with coworkers in the U of M sports administration. Let's just say he is not Jim Dutcher. Is that good or not good? - I don't know. Let's see how it all plays out..

This was the first big ten game i have seen the gophers play on the road where i felt the opponent actually got crappier calls. Nebraska is a big physical big ten team. We are trying another route and at the end of games, we the weaker team are not making the plays.

Well said.

Top Bottom