Roster down one today

GopherOhana

Reaction score
not a total surprise
DM off the roster

in December it was reported(NBCsports) that he wasn't going to be able to post the $30k for bail. So i doubt he's actually out unless some friend or distant relative could get it for him.

in December it was reported(NBCsports) that he wasn't going to be able to post the $30k for bail. So i doubt he's actually out unless some friend or distant relative could get it for him.

Lol. a kid on nbcsports wrote it based on reporting from MN, must be pure gospel! He's been out for many many weeks. Was in for ~a week

Is there actually a chance this guy comes back? I don't want him on the team...

Is there actually a chance this guy comes back? I don't want him on the team...

Even if he's completely innocent of the charges? It doesn't appear he is, but what if he is?

Even if he's completely innocent of the charges? It doesn't appear he is, but what if he is?

Well that would obviously change things. But as of now, I don't want him.

He was taken off today because he probably didn't finish classes last semester and didn't enroll in any classes for this spring. If that's the case then he would no longer be a student at the U today when classes started for the spring semester.

Nice thread title. With classes starting, I was assuming the worst. :mad:

If he was only in the clink for 8 days, you would think he finished his classes... right?

After eight days in custody, suspended Minnesota Gophers basketball player Daquein McNeil posted bail and was released from jail ahead of a court appearance next month on charges that he whipped and choked his former girlfriend last week in Minneapolis.

McNeil was released from the Hennepin County jail about 11 p.m. Tuesday after putting up $3,000 bond and agreeing to conditions to satisfy his $30,000 bail.

He had been incarcerated since the afternoon of Nov. 24, the day of the alleged attacks on the 28-year-old woman in her apartment.

Conditions of his release include staying away from the woman, remaining law-abiding, staying in contact with probation officials and making all future court appearances

per the STrib: McNeil, awaiting pretrial hearing, no longer a Gopher

Two months after Daquein McNeil was arrested and charged with two felony counts of assault, the former sophomore guard is no longer enrolled at the University of Minnesota or a member of the basketball team, according to spokesperson Dan Reisig.

He did not enroll for classes for the university’s spring semester, and therefore was automatically dropped from the roster. Reisig said McNeil was not dismissed by the team.

“Daquein is not enrolled in classes at the university this semester, and as such is no longer a member of the men’s basketball team,” he said.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/289504041.html

Go Gophers!!

per the STrib: McNeil, awaiting pretrial hearing, no longer a Gopher

Two months after Daquein McNeil was arrested and charged with two felony counts of assault, the former sophomore guard is no longer enrolled at the University of Minnesota or a member of the basketball team, according to spokesperson Dan Reisig.

He did not enroll for classes for the university’s spring semester, and therefore was automatically dropped from the roster. Reisig said McNeil was not dismissed by the team.

“Daquein is not enrolled in classes at the university this semester, and as such is no longer a member of the men’s basketball team,” he said.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/289504041.html

Go Gophers!!

People are dumb. Kinda like a former Gopher QB, his life completely got flipped because of one dumb decision.

People are dumb. Kinda like a former Gopher QB, his life completely got flipped because of one dumb decision.

Philip Nelson made more than one dumb decision that night.

Top Bottom