Picture of pathetic crowd attendance at start of OT from last night

Come on guys! Don't be fair weather fans...we are better than that!

That's pathetic. The lack of crowds at Gopher hockey games has gotten worse and worse. I'm surprised this isn't a bigger deal with the media. They love to write about it with football, but ignore it with hockey.

The picture didn't capture the pathetic team in attendance at the start of OT.

This is exactly what happens when you have those expensive preferred seating deals: you price out the loyal "win or lose" type fans, you when things go south, you have no one.

The picture didn't capture the pathetic team in attendance at the start of OT.

This is exactly what happens when you have those expensive preferred seating deals: you price out the loyal "win or lose" type fans, you when things go south, you have no one.

Agree. I never understand folks that get on fans for not supporting a crappy team more passionately. What do you expect? The fans to continue to shell out time and money for a product that sucks? This team is a joke right now and the fact that attendance isn't good appropriately reflects the gongshow that is Gopher men's hockey.

Agree. I never understand folks that get on fans for not supporting a crappy team more passionately. What do you expect? The fans to continue to shell out time and money for a product that sucks? This team is a joke right now and the fact that attendance isn't good appropriately reflects the gongshow that is Gopher men's hockey.

Most of those tickets are already paid for though.

It's been awhile since I've seen Mariucci Arena really full. Seems there are always open seats clearly visible on TV. Granted I don't get every game but it still isn't a good thing.

I think we start to see more of this at football games too with the price changes. The more corporate season tickets, the more empty seats you'll see.

Most of those tickets are already paid for though.

It's been awhile since I've seen Mariucci Arena really full. Seems there are always open seats clearly visible on TV. Granted I don't get every game but it still isn't a good thing.

I think we start to see more of this at football games too with the price changes. The more corporate season tickets, the more empty seats you'll see.

I understand that aspect of it as well, especially with the season ticket holders. But when the team is playing as poorly as it is, even the folks who have already shelled out big-time money are more likely to stay home. They likely decide even if they did already pony up the dough that the product is bad enough that's it's not even worth the effort to show up.

State of hockey.

Hockey fans in Minnesota (remember the North Stars leaving because they sucked and fans stopped showing up?) are just like fans of other sports. If the product starts failing to deliver, they'll stop showing up.

Tried to find tickets on Stub Hub and Ticket King for either game Wisconsin series. Both only had tickets for a considerable amount over face value.

Top Bottom