Facilities update

Read those comments, honestly....I sometimes question the reason why I live in this state.
I love Mn and Mn sports, but the level of mindset and communism that exists here is
absolutely mind boggling and over shadows all others across the nation with this same
thinking. You won't find this level of attitude like this, anywhere else in the country.

"just scrap all the athletic programs, they do nothing for education and that money would
but much wisely spent on giving free college to lower class kids."

So, money donated specifically for athletics, making us once again a major state and university on
a national scale, should be taken away from this project and given to kids who probably
would rather sell crack, than go to college. mmmmkay.

#rantover

Lighten up, Francis.

Just because some ill-informed morons posted ignorant comments doesn't mean you need to start flinging the insults, too. They'd rather sell crack? I'm guessing you don't work directly with people in poverty. And if it were communist, the state would pay for the whole thing. No big money donors would exist.

Rest assured, the comments weren't made by decision makers. They were made by idealists who don't understand the economic and cultural impact successful programs can bring to a university and state.

#replyover

Lighten up, Francis.

Just because some ill-informed morons posted ignorant comments doesn't mean you need to start flinging the insults, too. They'd rather sell crack? I'm guessing you don't work directly with people in poverty. And if it were communist, the state would pay for the whole thing. No big money donors would exist.

Rest assured, the comments weren't made by decision makers. They were made by idealists who don't understand the economic and cultural impact successful programs can bring to a university and state.

#replyover

I haven't read the comments section of the Strib for years but based on my recollection of those days, the last word I would ever use to describe those posters would be "idealist".

#Oveur-over

I haven't read the comments section of the Strib for years but based on my recollection of those days, the last word I would ever use to describe those posters would be "idealist".

#Oveur-over

Good point...

The only things that appear to be scaled back are the renovations of the existing facilities, and no underground parking, all of which can be addressed later on.

More importantly - ground breaking no later than Sept. 2015, everything completed no later than fall of 2017.

I read that whole attachment. All 560 pages. After reading I'm optimistic and think this is gonna be awesome. The timeline is on page 119.

Teague was on KFAN last night and said the architects were able to save money by not tearing down some of the current structures which will be less of a disruption to the teams. He also said they were able to modify the designs to use more common exterior walls and such that brought down the costs. He said September is when they plan to begin. He said his biggest worry is about the soil on the site. I guess when they built the current site they just dug a whole and buried the old houses. He is concerned about any delays or issues that might arise when they start digging that back up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Teague was on KFAN last night and said the architects were able to save money by not tearing down some of the current structures which will be less of a disruption to the teams. He also said they were able to modify the designs to use more common exterior walls and such that brought down the costs. He said September is when they plan to begin. He said his biggest worry is about the soil on the site. I guess when they built the current site they just dug a whole and buried the old houses. He is concerned about any delays or issues that might arise when they start digging that back up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OMG....maybe they'll find Parski down there........................maybe Jimmy too.:cool02:

OMG....maybe they'll find Parski down there........................maybe Jimmy too.:cool02:

So that is where you and Dr.Don buried him. My money was on next to Big Ole or inside the Hjemkomst.

Lighten up, Francis.

#replyover

Although I don't think you appreciate the fervor that i'm applying for our great state and University, however, i do appreciate your use of 'Stripes' in your reply, and yes.. to reiterate another poster, I wouldn't dub them 'idealist', either.

Top Bottom