Page 2 of 143 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

At least his name isn't Henry...

I wonder if anyone ever bullied him!!!
    I'll say it again...So many experts, so little expertise.

Averaging almost 16 a game. Tyus averaged a little over 10 as an eighth grader, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by die hard gopher View Post
    Averaging almost 16 a game. Tyus averaged a little over 10 as an eighth grader, I believe.
    Tyus played in a much better conference.

Quote Originally Posted by tinyarch View Post
    On the contrary, Tyus didn't have a nationally-ranked recruit on his HS team scoring a bulk of the points while he was an 8th grader, so it sort of cancels the tougher conference idea out.

Quote Originally Posted by tinyarch View Post
    A little better but Big 9 is definitely solid.

Quote Originally Posted by die hard gopher View Post
    A little better but Big 9 is definitely solid.
    As someone who's played in the South Suburban and some out of conference games against Big 9 teams, the SS is more than a little bit better. For example, last year, Bloomington Kennedy (12-5 in SS) beat Austin (18-0 in Big 9) as well as Lakeville South (7-11 in SS) defeating Rochester John Marshall (14-3 in Big 9). Not to mention the quality of teams in the bottom half of the SS is much higher than the quality of teams in the Big 9. I don't say this to take away from the quality of the Hurt brothers, they are definitely elite players, but comparing the Big 9 to the South Suburban just isn't fair.

Quote Originally Posted by adchester View Post
    As someone who's played in the South Suburban and some out of conference games against Big 9 teams, the SS is more than a little bit better. For example, last year, Bloomington Kennedy (12-5 in SS) beat Austin (18-0 in Big 9) as well as Lakeville South (7-11 in SS) defeating Rochester John Marshall (14-3 in Big 9). Not to mention the quality of teams in the bottom half of the SS is much higher than the quality of teams in the Big 9. I don't say this to take away from the quality of the Hurt brothers, they are definitely elite players, but comparing the Big 9 to the South Suburban just isn't fair.
    Well said. I figure the Hurt brothers have to be good if the Gophers have snagged one. I was just contesting the idea that one could claim someone to be better than Tyus as an 8th grader based upon faulty equivalency of stats. No disrespect meant toward anyone.

Go Gophers!!

Quote Originally Posted by GopherHole Staff View Post
    Does Hurt has a criminal record that I don't know about?

Quote Originally Posted by BarnBoy View Post
    Does Hurt has a criminal record that I don't know about?
    He has lots of time.
    I'll say it again...So many experts, so little expertise.

Default Breakdown

Quote Originally Posted by GameDay View Post
    On the contrary, Tyus didn't have a nationally-ranked recruit on his HS team scoring a bulk of the points while he was an 8th grader, so it sort of cancels the tougher conference idea out.
    Matthew Hurt as an 8th grader 383 points 41% from 3, 63% overall shooting, 5.8 rpg, 15.3 ppg
    Michael Hurt as a junior 585 points 46% from 3, 52% overall shooting, 8.3 rpg, 20.5

Matthew missed 4 games to start the season due to injury...factor those and the gap narrows
    Michael took 145 more shots, again with 4 more games part of the equation,

If Matthew keeps growing, getting stronger, getting more talented, gets more experienced, he is going to be the highest, most sought after recruited Minnesota player, probably ever. It's a nice player versus a game changer if he continues to progress.

It's mindless to compare a 6' point guard to a 6'8 wing. And the reason Tyus is great is not because of his scoring alone.

The Big Nine is several steps down from the Twin Cities. Look at the Rotary Tournament each year. Look at the section final. A good team goes running clock on the good Big Nine team. A middle of the road TC team beats em by 15- 20. That's the last two section finals. And that's the top!!! The bottom is dreadful.