All Things Matthew Hurt Thread (Rochester JM, Class of 2019)

How many Duke people remember Nick Horvath? Nick averaged 2.6 points per game. His team won a championship in 2001. Mr. MN Basketball and this is career at Duke.

More than fans here remember one of our with those stats. As you said he was on winning teams. Hurt is miles better than Horvath.

You stated that Duke fans will not remember Hurt in 5 years. What makes you think they will not remember a wonderful player on a really good team when we remember players like Arob, Walker and on and on. Marginal players refers to non superstars, not even on great teams.

Built, it was me that said that. I also had another response

Not really. Duke has had 43 different players on their team in just the last 6 years (2013/14 thru 2018/19 seasons)! If you are not a star, most fans may barely remember that you were on the team.

In the current one and done system, Duke churns through so many players it is hard for the coaches to remember who played for them 5 years ago.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Built, it was me that said that. I also had another response

In the current one and done system, Duke churns through so many players it is hard for the coaches to remember who played for them 5 years ago.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I do not know of any coaches that forget their players. I was just at the final 4 with a retired coach who was telling stories of the deep reserves on his 1973 high school team, his players from his 1977 college team. Why would anyone think Hurt will not be remembered at Duke if some of us Gopher fans remember reserves on our teams from the 70's,80's and 90's. From someone who is not even a Duke fan i remember many of their secondary players from decades ago, much less than 5 years ago. I expect really special things from Hurt at Duke. Perhaps if you do not follow the ACC you would be unaware of the basketball culture along tobacco road. The passion for hoops is in the fabric of that area, true college settings steeped in history.

In 5 years he’ll be a underperforming redshirt Sr, book it!

per Shooter:

People who should know say that unless he puts 20 pounds of muscle on his 6-9 frame in the next year, incoming Duke freshman Matthew Hurt from Rochester will be destined to remain with the Blue Devils for two seasons rather than one-and-done, the same as new teammate Tre Jones from Apple Valley.

https://www.twincities.com/2019/04/27/charley-walters-kyle-rudolph-days-with-vikings-numbered/

Go Gophers!!

Bleed don't take this personally, but who the F cares?

Bleed don't take this personally, but who the F cares?

I don't take it personally at all. Likewise, please don't take this personally, but don't click a thread for something you don't "f'n care" about. I posted it for people that still give a "F" to click this thread for updates on Hurt, which you are among said group.

Go Gophers!!

I dont think gaining 20 pounds of muscle will take 2 years so one and done if hes good enough.

Can’t they delete this thread. End it, kill it, no more posts. Hurt moved on Gophers fans move on too. Go Gophers!

Can’t they delete this thread. End it, kill it, no more posts. Hurt moved on Gophers fans move on too. Go Gophers!

Agreed, this is the Gopherhole, not former Minnesota HS Bball players hole. If you want to follow-up on Mathew Hurt please do so on a Duke site.

I dont think gaining 20 pounds of muscle will take 2 years so one and done if hes good enough.

my guess is that matthew's frame will take a bit longer to add 20 pounds of muscle. he'll get his newbie gains quickly, but in the flow of a season, he'll have to consumer a ridiculous amount of calaries to just maintain the weight, let alone add 20 pounds of muscle. it will come in due time though.

More than fans here remember one of our with those stats. As you said he was on winning teams. Hurt is miles better than Horvath.

+04.

no one that has seen hurt play would ever put him in the same category as horvath.

Are you incapable of ignoring the thread? It has the dude’s name in the title.

per Shooter:

People who should know say that unless he puts 20 pounds of muscle on his 6-9 frame in the next year, incoming Duke freshman Matthew Hurt from Rochester will be destined to remain with the Blue Devils for two seasons rather than one-and-done, the same as new teammate Tre Jones from Apple Valley.

https://www.twincities.com/2019/04/27/charley-walters-kyle-rudolph-days-with-vikings-numbered/

Go Gophers!!

I agree with Shooter's findings. This week I stood next to Matthew Hurt on a basketball court. He has the skinniest, least developed arms of any high school male or female. Okay, for those who have trouble with hyperbole...that's an exaggeration. But trust me, the guy has mouth open unbelievably tiny arms. He could not have possibly weight trained or been nutrition conscious about developing his body at all. Again, I saw him play maybe 20 games in HS and I thought he was just skinny but it's a good ways beyond skinny describing his arms.

I agree with Shooter's findings. This week I stood next to Matthew Hurt on a basketball court. He has the skinniest, least developed arms of any high school male or female. Okay, for those who have trouble with hyperbole...that's an exaggeration. But trust me, the guy has mouth open unbelievably tiny arms. He could not have possibly weight trained or been nutrition conscious about developing his body at all. Again, I saw him play maybe 20 games in HS and I thought he was just skinny but it's a good ways beyond skinny describing his arms.

I've never seen him play.

Kevin Durant is one of the skinniest players in the NBA.

KD couldn't bench the bar at the combine. He may not put 20 on this off-season but I bet Hurt puts on good weight between June and their first game. Draft is based on potential, his recruiting ranking is tied to his NBA potential so I don't think it will matter as much

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Must be why he didn't want to play in the B1G and get manhandled in the paint....lol

Are you incapable of ignoring the thread? It has the dude’s name in the title.

Absolutely. But when it gets bumped to the top I’m gonna give my opinion just like Hurt gave his opinion. Go gophers. Move the thread to the Duke website then you can add your two cents there.

Hurt strung the Gophers on for how long?

I didn't follow it that closely but it seemed like he made it pretty clear to them last fall that he wasn't coming. (In spite of the little spout off from the father a couple of weeks ago to make Matthew look better.) That's better than Tyus and Tre Jones, Reid Travis and probably half a dozen other local players who took the U down to the bitter end before choosing another school.

You want skinny arms? GO take a look at Chet. That guys arms are like blades of grass.

I didn't follow it that closely but it seemed like he made it pretty clear to them last fall that he wasn't coming. (In spite of the little spout off from the father a couple of weeks ago to make Matthew look better.) That's better than Tyus and Tre Jones, Reid Travis and probably half a dozen other local players who took the U down to the bitter end before choosing another school.

You think Tre strung people along? Everyone knew he was going to Duke. You could possibly use that argument for Tyus but not Tre. it was obvious he was going to Duke.

I've never seen him play.

Kevin Durant is one of the skinniest players in the NBA.

https://heightline.com/wp-content/uploads/K-Durant.jpg

This is Durant in high school. His arms have definition and appear wiry strong immediately to anyone who looks. Today, in the NBA they are bigger than in high school. Matthew Hurt does not have any semblance of being wiry strong. His arms are way thinner, just straight and narrow with no muscle definition whatsoever, unlike Durant. So no, no comparison.

Last edited:

Skinny tall guys gotta utilize their advantage jump shots. Eventually they get muscle and can bang inside. Kevin Garnett->KD and to a lesser degree Hurt->Holmgren. But yeah Holmgren's arms are like tooth picks.

Top Bottom