All Things Matthew Hurt Thread (Rochester JM, Class of 2019)

Is Twinkle Toes Hurt announcing today or is he waiting to drop it on Good Friday just for the irony?

Waiting for Good Friday and his birthday. I’m sure coach K will be sending him a cake.

I love how he waited for a holiday weekend and a Friday afternoon news dump to boot.

Richard Hurt is a piece of work. Guy is ridiculous.

What does everyone say if he picks the Gophers ! Would everyone hating then predict the national title !

Hurt to the Gophers.... book it

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

People are making negative comments about the Hurts. We have one on our team.
Guess I'm behind. Last I heard Pitino gave the impression he didn't want him. Are there new developments?
I'll take my answer off the air. I have better things to do than wait for high school kids to have press conferences. Sorry if that sounds negative.

Guess I'm behind. Last I heard Pitino gave the impression he didn't want him. Are there new developments?
I'll take my answer off the air. I have better things to do than wait for high school kids to have press conferences. Sorry if that sounds negative.

we have a poster who has the scoop.

per Marcus:

When Richard Pitino and Matthew Hurt sat down together for an in-home visit in September, the Gophers coach tried to convince Minnesota's top senior basketball player that coming to the home-state university would be the best decision for him.

Hurt, a McDonald's All-American, won't pick the Gophers when he announces his decision Friday during the spring signing period. The 6-9, five-star forward from Rochester John Marshall is picking between blue-blood programs. Duke appears to be the favorite over Kansas, North Carolina and Kentucky.

"It's tough, because you want to keep those guys home," said Eric Bossi, a national recruiting analyst for Rivals.com. "Obviously, it's a guy they've known about for some time because everybody has known about him and because of his brother [Gophers forward Michael Hurt]. I don't think, though, that I'm being unreasonable to say that Minnesota was fighting an uphill battle on that one."

With Matthew Hurt headed for one shade of blue or another, the Gophers will soon finish recruiting this class — and it will not include a high school senior from Minnesota. They have signed Tre' Williams and Sam Freeman, both Texas natives and under-the-radar recruits.

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-...-talent-in-minnesota-class-of-2020/508785342/

Go Gophers!!

What does everyone say if he picks the Gophers ! Would everyone hating then predict the national title !

That would be a miracle. As good as he thinks he is all his buddies should follow him to the Gophers so we could possibly win a national championship! Now that’s leadership if he commits.

Today is a great day. It’s the beginning of not having to hear about Matt Hurt and how Minnesota is still “in it.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

he cant go wrong at either place....I would say it would be awfully difficult to say no to Coach K and Duke, while also being able to play with Tre.
im not a Duke fan. But it will be fun to watch two MN guys playing for them at least for 1 year and not winning a championship.

FIFY

Today is a great day. It’s the beginning of not having to hear about Matt Hurt and how Minnesota is still “in it.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. Then we can start working on getting a 130 plus page thread on Suggs.

Would love to see Matthew play for the Gophers. It would be fun to watch he and his brother on the floor at the same time. I wish him well whatever go does but I am getting tired is seeing our Minnesota kids starting at schools like Wisconsin and Duke. What a team we could have if they all stayed home.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

Would love to see Matthew play for the Gophers. It would be fun to watch he and his brother on the floor at the same time. I wish him well whatever go does but I am getting tired is seeing our Minnesota kids starting at schools like Wisconsin and Duke. What a team we could have if they all stayed home.

Wait until they are starting at St. Thomas (after they get forced into D1 by the MIAC). If you think the occasional media coverage is bad now, it will get 1000% worse when their highlights are pushing Gopher highlights to the back of the newscast.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Rumor has it Coach K stopped recruiting Matthew when he heard Pitino was no longer chasing him. If he's not good enough for the Gophers, he certainly isn't good enough for "We Pay Parents For Consulting Services" University.

Rumor has it Coach K stopped recruiting Matthew when he heard Pitino was no longer chasing him. If he's not good enough for the Gophers, he certainly isn't good enough for "We Pay Parents For Consulting Services" University.
I have a reliable source who has a sister whose nephew told her that a person he knows and is very up on these things told him that a reliable source who knows someone who knows a distant relative of Coach K who said he heard that Coach K abruptly canceled his flight to Minnesota yesterday after allegedly speaking with Matthew's dad. Anybody else hear that?

Go Gophers!

Top Bottom