All Things Matthew Hurt Thread (Rochester JM, Class of 2019)

Tough spot for Pitino here. Either you waste a lot if time and resources on a player that is never coming here or you focus on other recruits and leave yourself open for criticism like this. I don't know for sure but I have to believe if Pitino thought we had a shot he would have been all in until the end. To me this sounds like a player who is annoyed that a team he was never really considering didn't shower him with attention. I hope the Dad isn't trying to pull strings to cash in on his son either.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

You do the right thing because it is the right thing, strange to be modeling oneself after another person. Independent thinking is dying a quick death and being filled with internet group think.

Here's what I know from coaching high school kids: parents say things to coaches their kids are not aware of or on board with. My point: It's highly possible Mr Hurt told Richard under no circumstances was Matthew ever going to be a Gopher. It could easily have been part of a discussion how Richard had failed Michael. Maybe it was stronger....leave my kid alone. Only dad doesn't tell their son or daughter anything about his discussion with coach.
I'm not believing for one second Richard would not shoot off a text a couple times a week to Matthew at the minimum if there wasn't some parental interference. Come on...really?

Although i realize this is purely speculation, this feels like the most likely hypothesis/scenario.

Some time ago i posted some chatter I'd heard from family with JM connections about how the Hurts were down on Pitino and there was no way Matt was going to Minnesota. My post was removed, and i got a talking to from the mods. Nothing against our site runners, but i believe their motivation was to avoid angering the family or poisoning the waters with this site's contents.

Tough spot for Pitino here. Either you waste a lot if time and resources on a player that is never coming here or you focus on other recruits and leave yourself open for criticism like this. I don't know for sure but I have to believe if Pitino thought we had a shot he would have been all in until the end. To me this sounds like a player who is annoyed that a team he was never really considering didn't shower him with attention. I hope the Dad isn't trying to pull strings to cash in on his son either.

Not a tough spot at all for pitino.

1) waste time

Or

2) don’t waste time

How is that a tough choice?

So...if a person doesn't want to be a Gopher...why not man up right away instead of letting it linger? I lose respect for people who aren't honest.
Because it feels better to pull off a bandaid slowly?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

You do the right thing because it is the right thing, strange to be modeling oneself after another person. Independent thinking is dying a quick death and being filled with internet group think.
"Nothing to see here. Move along." - Russian Internet Bot Farmer

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Although i realize this is purely speculation, this feels like the most likely hypothesis/scenario.

Some time ago i posted some chatter I'd heard from family with JM connections about how the Hurts were down on Pitino and there was no way Matt was going to Minnesota. My post was removed, and i got a talking to from the mods. Nothing against our site runners, but i believe their motivation was to avoid angering the family or poisoning the waters with this site's contents.

People these days have trouble dealing with the truth.

How can anyone think for moment that Pitino did not give this his all. Smart guys move on when they have a really good idea of the situation. There is only so much time in a day. He has roster spots to fill. I see this at every program i follow.

Have to keep it mind, Hurt came out and said this knowing full well that Pitino can't refute or reply to it in anyway since it's about an uncommitted recruit.

this thread feeling like seantrell henderson all over again. pepper ur angus.

The Hurts have come off to me like the Balls. Full of tabloid-level drama with a clueless dad who thinks he knows better than everyone else. I’ll echo my belief the Hurt Sr either told Pitino no chance, or asked for something in return. Either way, I believe Pitino did the right thing to move on.

I liked that I read this thread right after the thread about Tyler Herro that said that our fanbase is so much more grounded as to not tear into a local recruit who decides to leave. The story above could very well be complete BS, but to say it is with such self-righteous anger is kind of silly. We want to believe Pitino is right here, which is natural, but to respond like many posters with fury and certainty shows obvious insecurities. It was the same thing after some poster said that the Coffey's were not fans of Pitino. Again maybe BS, but the only way to be so furiously positive is through bias.

I liked that I read this thread right after the thread about Tyler Herro that said that our fanbase is so much more grounded as to not tear into a local recruit who decides to leave. The story above could very well be complete BS, but to say it is with such self-righteous anger is kind of silly. We want to believe Pitino is right here, which is natural, but to respond like many posters with fury and certainty shows obvious insecurities. It was the same thing after some poster said that the Coffey's were not fans of Pitino. Again maybe BS, but the only way to be so furiously positive is through bias.

If anything, these responses are tame. The Herros got death threats, not sure I’ve seen anything close to that here. Yet, the Hurts came out with a statement that, at best, is one-sided and knowingly put the staff in a position they can’t defend publicly without committing an NCAA infraction, and you think we should just sit on our hands saying “oh well” and move on without any reaction? Please.

If anything, these responses are tame. The Herros got death threats, not sure I’ve seen anything close to that here. Yet, the Hurts came out with a statement that, at best, is one-sided and knowingly put the staff in a position they can’t defend publicly without committing an NCAA infraction, and you think we should just sit on our hands saying “oh well” and move on without any reaction? Please.

I guess if I knew the truth either way I might react with some outrage, but seeing as I don't, I am going to go with saying "oh well" and moving on.

this thread feeling like seantrell henderson all over again. pepper ur angus.

Yes somewhat. Seantrell led us to the end and then we weren't a top 3 as I recall. Hurt only came to the U to watch his brother play and led everyone to think he was interested in the U. Pitino realizes that and he stop recruiting him. I don't fault Pitino at all.

[BOLD]The Hurts have come off to me like the Balls. [/BOLD]Full of tabloid-level drama with a clueless dad who thinks he knows better than everyone else. I’ll echo my belief the Hurt Sr either told Pitino no chance, or asked for something in return. Either way, I believe Pitino did the right thing to move on.

Michael has done nothing but represent the U with class. Don’t lump him in with the dad and what Matthew claims.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D3hSotKXoAA0SZX.jpg:large

So Hurt to Duke?

Nice that tre has the free time now to tweet that. Now that he’s not so busy with basketball. Duke= biggest underachievers ever, period!
(Inserting proper Sean spicer attribution)

Let’s just state facts. Hurt will be 19 and still in high school older than Zion and RJ! Maybe he can play another year of high school ball and take his team to State especially now that Lakeville North is out of their section..

If Michael transfers, I’d love to hear Pitino answer a question about the Hurt’s statements with a deadpan: “I guess I didn’t know the right shoe guy”

I don't understand what could have possibly happened in the three days that Hurt said, "Don't count out Minnesota" to "They stopped recruiting me."

What could he possibly have gained by three extra days of leading people on?

I don't understand what could have possibly happened in the three days that Hurt said, "Don't count out Minnesota" to "They stopped recruiting me."

What could he possibly have gained by three extra days of leading people on?
Ask his Dad

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

April 19 can’t come soon enough. Then we can put this thread to rest. Enough of being HURT!

Ellenson family 2.0.

Yes, there are certainly parallels. Main difference seems to be that Michael Hurt really was part of the team, Always supporting his teammates. I remember a couple of games where Wally barely made it off the bench to join the huddle. Certainly hope we're done getting older brother on the team because we think that might get us the 5 star little brother.

So Matt Hurts parents kept him back a year, making him 19 April 20th - can’t he go directly to the nba draft? Did his parents hold him back for athletic gain?

I think he’s gone to one of the top programs, and more power to him. I think the dominos will fall April 20th, after he announces - I think our class will fill quickly afterward.

So Matt Hurts parents kept him back a year, making him 19 April 20th - can’t he go directly to the nba draft? Did his parents hold him back for athletic gain?

I think he’s gone to one of the top programs, and more power to him. I think the dominos will fall April 20th, after he announces - I think our class will fill quickly afterward.

The rule isn't age based it's based on when you graduate. He graduates this spring and has to wait a year to be draft eligible.

The rule isn't age based it's based on when you graduate. He graduates this spring and has to wait a year to be draft eligible.

This isn't accurate. All eligible draftees must turn 19 at some point during the calendar year in which they're drafted. If they're in the US, their HS graduating class has to be one year out - this portion of the rule is waived for international players.

Top Bottom