All Things Matthew Hurt Thread (Rochester JM, Class of 2019)

Pope Krzyzewski blesses you oh son of blue devil...
589b473deb04309d6583ff0d48a50761.jpg

It's kind of hilarious that there are people out there who think Coach K runs a clean program.

It's kind of hilarious that there are people out there who think Coach K runs a clean program.

It is, is the truth gonna come out about all the under the tablemoney that happened with Zion and his parents?

Say what you want about Michael's playing time, Pitino's recruiting or lack of recruiting, daddy Hurt, bad climate, Hurt feelings, or whatever.....we've covered it.

At the end of the day, it would be really hard to turn down Duke if they came calling. Good for him.

<iframe id="twitter-widget-0" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: block; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: medium none;" frameborder="0"></iframe>
This isn’t happening folks. Michael was there supporting his brother in #Gophers gear. He’s here to stay for his senior year. Will be a leader next season. https://t.co/xzCPbc2N27
— Marcus R. Fuller (@Marcus_R_Fuller) April 19, 2019
<script async="" src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I assume he means lead in passing up scoring opportunities??

Say what you want about Michael's playing time, Pitino's recruiting or lack of recruiting, daddy Hurt, bad climate, Hurt feelings, or whatever.....we've covered it.

At the end of the day, it would be really hard to turn down Duke if they came calling. Good for him.

Would not be hard at all.

I think Nancy Reagan had the answer for that, "Just Say No". Simple, problem solved.

How much pain can you endure Gopher fans? Minnesota is in-state recruiting for Coach K. He gets anyone he wants, over and over again. Get excited about landing a grad transfer from Drexel... those are the scraps we’re left with again.

There is a lot more talented players than Hurt at Duke, he'll definitely struggle to get his share of the limelight there, which isn't what you want if you want to be "one and done." I can't see his legacy at Duke being all that memorable from a fan perspective outside of him being involved in some sort of memorable fluky play. I am one of the few who doesn't see him as a "one and done" player and that he still needs to develop, that will be hard to do when every year coach K will be bringing in lottery pick recruits in that you will have to compete with for minutes. He reminds me of Sam Dekker a bit, Dekker was a good player but definitely needed some to develop and him going to Wisconsin was the best thing he could have done. Hurt will get his shot at the pros, just don't think it will be the path he and his family think he will get. Good luck to him though.

I wish him well at Duke. But, much like with Tyus, I won't be rooting for him again unless he finds his way onto the T-Wolves.

There is a lot more talented players than Hurt at Duke, he'll definitely struggle to get his share of the limelight there, which isn't what you want if you want to be "one and done." I can't see his legacy at Duke being all that memorable from a fan perspective outside of him being involved in some sort of memorable fluky play. I am one of the few who doesn't see him as a "one and done" player and that he still needs to develop, that will be hard to do when every year coach K will be bringing in lottery pick recruits in that you will have to compete with for minutes. He reminds me of Sam Dekker a bit, Dekker was a good player but definitely needed some to develop and him going to Wisconsin was the best thing he could have done. Hurt will get his shot at the pros, just don't think it will be the path he and his family think he will get. Good luck to him though.

Guarantee that in 5 years no Duke fans will remember his name.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What's funny is I couldn't even think of any players other than Grayson Allen on LAST year's team. After about a minute I remember Bagley. I had to look up the others.

Your kidding right ? What if they win it all. Even if they do not Duke has plenty of fans that remember their players.

Just another in a long string of 5 star recruits for puke U...vs a rare 5 star mn kid who chose to play with brother on their home state team

Just another in a long string of 5 star recruits for puke U...vs a rare 5 star mn kid who chose to play with brother on their home state team

Yes. A signing that likely resulted in a lot of yawns among Duke fans. Would have been a lot of excitement here with a MN signing. I have yet another reason to want Duke to lose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am glad that Pitino did not spending too much time pursuing this bloke. I wish him well at Duke.

A duke degree will serve him well to find a job in the Triangle area.

Your kidding right ? What if they win it all. Even if they do not Duke has plenty of fans that remember their players.

Not really. Duke has had 43 different players on their team in just the last 6 years (2013/14 thru 2018/19 seasons)! If you are not a star, most fans may barely remember that you were on the team.

I am glad that Pitino did not spending too much time pursuing this bloke. I wish him well at Duke.

The Bermuda Triangle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Duke is a fine, fine academic institution. In the old days, I understood the long-term plan on earning a degree from there. Now, it's on par with Kentucky, IMO. He's not going there for academics and I'm skeptical he ever earns a Duke degree.

Duke is a fine, fine academic institution. In the old days, I understood the long-term plan on earning a degree from there. Now, it's on par with Kentucky, IMO. He's not going there for academics and I'm skeptical he ever earns a Duke degree.

Good luck at Duke lets be done with this thread. Guy never wanted to come here.

Yup. He had an opportunity to play on the same team as his brother and to pair with Oturu in The front court. And to potentially play with Amir. His addition would have put Mn in a great place.

Be tough to turn down playing with your own brother for at least a year, at least for me.

Yup. He had an opportunity to play on the same team as his brother and to pair with Oturu in The front court. And to potentially play with Amir. His addition would have put Mn in a great place.

Be tough to turn down playing with your own brother for at least a year, at least for me.

He clearly preferred to play with Tre Jones over his own brother.

Top Bottom