All Things Matthew Hurt Thread (Rochester JM, Class of 2019)

Could not agree more, my hope they don’t win a national championship

So isn't this partly Pitino's problem? It's gotten to the point we don't even feel we have a chance at these top players from the state. It never used to feel this way....and I know I'm going to get some people saying schools like Minnesota aren't able to get top 10 players...and that they go to blue bloods. If our program was in decent shape, we would be in the running to get some of these guys and not just a token school in the running because the player is from Minnesota.

So isn't this partly Pitino's problem? It's gotten to the point we don't even feel we have a chance at these top players from the state. It never used to feel this way....and I know I'm going to get some people saying schools like Minnesota aren't able to get top 10 players...and that they go to blue bloods. If our program was in decent shape, we would be in the running to get some of these guys and not just a token school in the running because the player is from Minnesota.

you do realize Pitino recruited 2 of the top 4 commits going back the past 15 years... and those two commits were from Minnesota

Screen Shot 2019-03-09 at 9.53.04 AM.jpgScreen Shot 2019-03-09 at 9.53.04 AM.jpg

Imagine how much better we would be if we could have gotten guys like Amir, Oturu, and Gabe to stay home. It's a shame that we don't even have at chance at landing those guys.

Well, Coach K and his staff have been to Rochester twice in the last three weeks to watch him play in games, so they must like something they see. All these college coaches have seen the top high school players play several times, and they all have Hurt as a top 10 player in the country. I guess you can see something all of these top college coaches can't see.

We shall see.

I'm guessing coach K does this with all the mcdonald's recruits he gets.

There is a ton of talent on the Duke bench. Be careful, Hurt!

Perhaps. But my feeling is that it has more to do with the number of prospects a coach has had drafted than the specific shape of the program. I know the two are correlated, but still.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you do realize Pitino recruited 2 of the top 4 commits going back the past 15 years... and those two commits were from Minnesota

View attachment 6036View attachment 6036

I know who he has recruited. I also know that the last 10 years we have had more highly rated players coming out of Minnesota than ever before. Yeah has has gotten Oturu and Coffey, but look at all the top players we really haven't been in the running for since he has been the coach. I guess my expectations are a little higher than yours.

Perhaps. But my feeling is that it has more to do with the number of prospects a coach has had drafted than the specific shape of the program. I know the two are correlated, but still.

If we had a good program, we would have gotten more than just Oturu and Coffey. We would also be better than 30 games below .500 in the B1G the last 6 seasons. That's all I'm saying. At some point, it went from expecting to have a fighting chance to get a top player from Minnesota (I'm talking the Jones's brothers, Vaughn, Matthew Hurt), to having no shot. I believe that change has happened in the last 6 years.

If we had a good program, we would have gotten more than just Oturu and Coffey. We would also be better than 30 games below .500 in the B1G the last 6 seasons. That's all I'm saying. At some point, it went from expecting to have a fighting chance to get a top player from Minnesota (I'm talking the Jones's brothers, Vaughn, Matthew Hurt), to having no shot. I believe that change has happened in the last 6 years.

You are delusional, but go ahead keep living in your world. With fans like you who needs trolls. Pitino is moving in the right direction and when players and fans stop thinking that going out of state is being successful, we will have a home grown contender.

Anyone who doesn't think Hurt would average 18-20 ppg with the Gophers hasn't watched him play. He would be, BY FAR, the best shooter on our team. Unfortunately, I don't think we'll get the chance to watch him in maroon and gold.

You are delusional, but go ahead keep living in your world. With fans like you who needs trolls. Pitino is moving in the right direction and when players and fans stop thinking that going out of state is being successful, we will have a home grown contender.

I'm a troll because I think it would be nice to get more of the top talent in the state? I'm a troll because I think we should be better than 30 games below .500 in the B1G the last 6 years? I'm a troll because I want our program to be better than bottom third of the B1G? Sorry my expectations are so high. I guess I just remember a time when Gopher basketball had a little bit high expectations.

Anyone who doesn't think Hurt would average 18-20 ppg with the Gophers hasn't watched him play. He would be, BY FAR, the best shooter on our team. Unfortunately, I don't think we'll get the chance to watch him in maroon and gold.

I've watched him play quite a bit. It's a big jump going from Minnesota high school basketball to the B1G, and 18 points a game is a lot of points to average in college. I would love it if he came to the U to play. Think of the team we could have if we could get Suggs, Hurt, Garcia, Holmgren, Dainja to go along with Oturu and Gabe. We would be a top 10 team.

I've watched him play quite a bit. It's a big jump going from Minnesota high school basketball to the B1G, and 18 points a game is a lot of points to average in college. I would love it if he came to the U to play. Think of the team we could have if we could get Suggs, Hurt, Garcia, Holmgren, Dainja to go along with Oturu and Gabe. We would be a top 10 team.

Hurt would never play with Suggs, Holmgren or Garcia. But I like the thought process.

20 a game might make him the top scorer in the big 10..........LMAO

I'm a troll because I think it would be nice to get more of the top talent in the state? I'm a troll because I think we should be better than 30 games below .500 in the B1G the last 6 years? I'm a troll because I want our program to be better than bottom third of the B1G? Sorry my expectations are so high. I guess I just remember a time when Gopher basketball had a little bit high expectations.

Your not a troll. The insults come when someone else has nothing to offer. They will be offended by anything that challenges that terrible record of 6 years.

Your not a troll. The insults come when someone else has nothing to offer. They will be offended by anything that challenges that terrible record of 6 years.

We have good pieces to build around next year in Oturu, Gabe and Coffey. Sure that will be good enough to be better than Northwestern, Nebraska, Penn State and Rutgers probably. I want to be in the top 5 or 6 in the conference, not the bottom 5 or 6, that's all I'm saying. Going to The Barn used to be one of the best tickets in town. Now it's not the same.

We have good pieces to build around next year in Oturu, Gabe and Coffey. Sure that will be good enough to be better than Northwestern, Nebraska, Penn State and Rutgers probably. I want to be in the top 5 or 6 in the conference, not the bottom 5 or 6, that's all I'm saying. Going to The Barn used to be one of the best tickets in town. Now it's not the same.

We have very good players.

20 a game might make him the top scorer in the big 10..........LMAO

It’s comical how this have this guy crowned already. From what I have seen of him, he better either get stronger or faster or there is no way he is a guy that averages almost 20 a game. He’s good no doubt but I don’t see him as a one and done player or a leading scorer in a conference like the Big Ten. Not his freshman year anyway.

I’m with you. I also expect more. We should have had a few of the Jones brothers, the kid that plays for Stanford, The shooter that went to Xavier and that Reuvers kid would sure look good coming back to play on our front line next season, Hurt, etc. Oturo and Coffee are great gets. Would have been nice to pair them with someone though.

I actually think we have a shot to land Hurt if Coffey leaves for the pros. Hurt wants the best situation for him. In my biased opinion, that would
Be with the gophers if Coffey leaves. Hurt could command the ball and showcase all
Of his talents as he has a similar mode as Coffey. IMO

Top Bottom