All Things Matthew Hurt Thread (Rochester JM, Class of 2019)

Would it really be the worse thing in the world hiring Richard Hurt? If it lands us Matthew Hurt, and gets us a first round draft pick I'm all for it. Having someone in the NBA would be a jumpstart for recruiting, and Pitino can tell a kid look I have a lottery pick in the NBA. This one move if we are guaranteed Hurt could change the perception of Gophers basketball, in a good way for the big time recruits.

People are assuming Matthew really wants to play for his dad. That's not the case a lot of times. It could work out but I also think it could be a disaster. I'd rather not go that route but that's just me.

People are assuming Matthew really wants to play for his dad. That's not the case a lot of times. It could work out but I also think it could be a disaster. I'd rather not go that route but that's just me.

I'm assuming if he were to be hired it there would have been talks with Hurt and his dad. A team doesn't sign the family member if they don't have reassurances that this player is coming here.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

per Shama:

Fraschila has been following Rochester John Marshall five-star forward power Matthew Hurt who will be a senior for the Rockets next season and is one of the most coveted recruits nationally in the class of 2019. “He’s definitely in the top 15 players in the country, without a doubt,” Fraschilla said. “He’s a big kid with really good versatility. He’s got toughness, can play inside or out. He’s destined at some point in time to play in the NBA if everything goes well and he keeps working hard.”

http://shamasportsheadliners.com/

Go Gophers!!

Per Rivals:

IN HIS OWN WORDS
Hurt hosted most of the schools on his list for an in-home visit.

On in-home visits: "It's to hang out and really have a great conversation and hear more about their program that I might not know. They all do kind of the same thing and just talk and have normal conversation. It was fun, though."

Minnesota: "I don't think there's any pressure to stay home. They know I'm not going to make my recruiting too fast and that I'm taking it step by step and day by day."

Kansas: "You know they are a great program, all of these programs are great really. I think they have a pretty good usage of a big guard. Look at Josh Jackson, Kelly Oubre and Andrew Wiggins, those type of players."

Duke: "They just want me to be myself, really. They want me to come in and make an impact right away using my strengths and just trying to be an inside-out player."

Kentucky "They are always taking about how their (NBA) players come back for the summer and they say that they got better during their year at Kentucky."

North Carolina: "They wanted me to look at Luke Maye highlights because that's how they would use me. Play me inside and out, but how they've used Luke Maye is how they see me."

WHAT'S NEXT?
Hurt told Rivals.com that he's focused on finishing out the grassroots circuit before he'll make any cuts to his list. He would like to decide in the fall if he can.

Hurt isn't saying much about his recruitment or leaders. But, after spending a few weeks on the road and asking around about what people think is going on with Hurt, a few patterns developed. Many feel that Hurt is likely to leave his home state and speculation is that if there is an early leader, it may be Kansas.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/hurt-1718

Go Gophers!!

Per Rivals:

IN HIS OWN WORDS

On in-home visits: "It's to hang out and really have a great conversation and hear more about their program that I might not know. They all do kind of the same thing and just talk and have normal conversation. It was fun, though."

Minnesota: "I don't think there's any pressure to stay home. They know I'm not going to make my recruiting too fast and that I'm taking it step by step and day by day."

Kansas: "You know they are a great program, all of these programs are great really. I think they have a pretty good usage of a big guard. Look at Josh Jackson, Kelly Oubre and Andrew Wiggins, those type of players."

Duke: "They just want me to be myself, really. They want me to come in and make an impact right away using my strengths and just trying to be an inside-out player."

Kentucky "They are always taking about how their (NBA) players come back for the summer and they say that they got better during their year at Kentucky."

North Carolina: "They wanted me to look at Luke Maye highlights because that's how they would use me. Play me inside and out, but how they've used Luke Maye is how they see me."

WHAT'S NEXT?
Hurt told Rivals.com that he's focused on finishing out the grassroots circuit before he'll make any cuts to his list. He would like to decide in the fall if he can.

Hurt isn't saying much about his recruitment or leaders. But, after spending a few weeks on the road and asking around about what people think is going on with Hurt, a few patterns developed. Many feel that Hurt is likely to leave his home state and speculation is that if there is an early leader, it may be Kansas.

Go Gophers!!

He can't like being compared to Luke Maye can he?

Per Rivals:

IN HIS OWN WORDS

WHAT'S NEXT?

Go Gophers!!

Wonder if Shaver and KARE 11 have arranged for a live announcement when he does decide?

Reading between the lines. ...

(which we all like to do here), seems to me Hurt's pecking order is:

1 Kansas
2 Kentucky
3 Duke
4 Minnesota
5 North Carolina (agree with gray4heisman about Maye comparison)

Have a hard time seeing the decision being anyone other than 1, 2, or 3. Perhaps he could get scared off by Kansas FBI stuff?

Luke Maye is a well used college player, but a likely 2nd round NBA pick.
Hurt appears to be closer to 6-10, so taller and longer than Maye.

1 Kansas
2 Kentucky
3 Duke
4 Minnesota

Have a hard time seeing the decision being anyone other than 1, 2, or 3. Perhaps he could get scared off by Kansas FBI stuff?

My guess.

1- Kansas
2- MN
3- NC
4- Duke
5- Kentucky

Bill Self has been to Rochester so many times I think he should buy a house here. Oh, by the way, he's going to Kansas.

This is a situation where his heart is with the Gophers but he has others telling him to go Blue Blood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bill Self has been to Rochester so many times I think he should buy a house here. Oh, by the way, he's going to Kansas.

Not so fast. Duke rarely takes a back seat and with a brother at the U one can not be sure. He will get to the NBA no matter where he goes but there is no argument about getting better coaching and national tv games at the blue bloods.

Hey semenfan, will you let me know this Saturday's Powerball numbers? K thx.

1 Kansas
2 Kentucky
3 Duke
4 Minnesota

^This is the best guess. Kentucky/Duke being about the same at 2/3. If Luke Maye is drafted, I'd be surprised. Irregardless of who he chooses out of those top three, Minnesota will be the "runner-up".

I am begging for him to go to Duke or Kentucky. Many quote, "STARS" sit the bench a lot at those schools.

If Hurt wants to risk that, go for it.

Some one finally listens. Kansas=Adidas, D1 Mn=Adidas circuit. He will land a healthy endorsement after college from Adidas assuming he goes to KS.

This deal has been done for a long time.

Some one finally listens. Kansas=Adidas, D1 Mn=Adidas circuit. He will land a healthy endorsement after college from Adidas assuming he goes to KS.

This deal has been done for a long time.

It’s not just that D1 Minnesota = Adidas, it’s that Hurt’s dad has an ownership stake in the club and Adidas Gauntlet. This isn’t just any recruit because the dad is already officially in bed with a shoe company. Matthew is locked and loaded for a high profile Adidas school, that seems obvious.

It’s not just that D1 Minnesota = Adidas, it’s that Hurt’s dad has an ownership stake in the club and Adidas Gauntlet. This isn’t just any recruit because the dad is already officially in bed with a shoe company. Matthew is locked and loaded for a high profile Adidas school, that seems obvious.

This guy has some inside info and is correct. What goes on with the AAU stuff is laughable by the way.

Right. That's what I was getting at.

per Marcus:

Going into his sophomore season, Rochester John Marshall star Matthew Hurt was the most talented player on a loaded D1 Minnesota AAU team with five Division I recruits.

Two years later, Hurt’s game continues to grow and he's surrounded by several top prospects again this spring. You could argue this team is even better than in 2016 – it has nine Division I prospects.

“It’s a good feeling to play with all of these talented guys,” Hurt, a 6-foot-9 five-star Class of 2019 forward, said. “They’re great off the court, good teammates and make the right plays. I think that’s why we’re so effective and 8-1 in the (Adidas) Gauntlet right now.”

Hurt, the younger brother of Gophers forward Michael Hurt, and his D1 Minnesota teammates will open play in the Prep Hoops Battle of the Lakes tournament 11:45 Saturday morning at Wayzata High School, but the event runs Friday through Sunday, including at Edina High.

http://www.startribune.com/matthew-hurt-is-leading-another-loaded-d1-minnesota-aau-team/482316922/

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom