All Things Matthew Hurt Thread (Rochester JM, Class of 2019)

We need to land this kid!! I am starting to get pumped again for gopher hoops!! Such a big year for this team this program.

If Matthew is as good as billed he's not spending 3 years in college.

That's a good point. I was thinking that the Hurt's sound like a family that values education, and he might stay in school longer. You never know!

lots of skill and athleticism for a 6-9 sophmore.

6-9 sophomore with guard skills. I can think of Dunleavy Jr and maybe Gordon Haywood, might be 6-8. What if Matthew isn't done growing?

6-9 sophomore with guard skills. I can think of Dunleavy Jr and maybe Gordon Haywood, might be 6-8. What if Matthew isn't done growing?

No...he'll be better than both. Think a younger, less polished Durant. If you've watched him on the Adidas Circuit (not against just local comp), you'll realize he's that good.

No...he'll be better than both.

You're very skilled at gross hyperbole. First Sims has "NBA athleticism" right now, and then Matthew Hurt will be better than a #3 overall draft pick. Keep 'em coming! The comic relief is great!

No...he'll be better than both. Think a younger, less polished Durant. If you've watched him on the Adidas Circuit (not against just local comp), you'll realize he's that good.

Whoa, nellie! This kid may turn out to be a really good player - but comparing him to Durant? From my point of view, I think the Gophers have a better chance of landing Younger Hurt if he is not quite on that level. I am very leery of one-and-dones. I would rather go after players who will be part of the team for 2 or 3 years, in order to build some continuity in the program.

I would love to see the Gophers land some top recruits, but I also try to be realistic - and that includes not over-hyping kids who aren't old enough to get their learners' permit yet.

Whoa, nellie! This kid may turn out to be a really good player - but comparing him to Durant? From my point of view, I think the Gophers have a better chance of landing Younger Hurt if he is not quite on that level. I am very leery of one-and-dones. I would rather go after players who will be part of the team for 2 or 3 years, in order to build some continuity in the program.

I would love to see the Gophers land some top recruits, but I also try to be realistic - and that includes not over-hyping kids who aren't old enough to get their learners' permit yet.

Just for fun, there have been some journalists who have also made the comparison:

https://twitter.com/jacklegwin/status/751436461623414784

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Why you gotta be like that Rick

Also picked up a North Carolina offer.

You really expect Papa Pitino to lay off on a top flight recruit just to help his son?

I'm sure Rick will talk up Richard too, especially if Matt happens to tell him he isn't interested in coming to Louisville.

I'm sure Rick will talk up Richard too, especially if Matt happens to tell him he isn't interested in coming to Louisville.

Louisville is going to be a strong player, most likely, due to the families tie to the University. Richard Sr., their Grandfather, is from Kentucky and went to the University of Louisville Medical School.

But his brother is a Gopher! I feel bridesmaid status coming again.

Against players 2 years older. This kid is already a beast; I can only imagine what he'll be like in college.

Should we play a game to see how many white guys we can compare him too?

Keith Van Horn huh? I see a bit of Detlef Schrempf in his game.

Keith Van Horn averaged 20.8 ppg, 8.8 rpg while shooting 52% fg and 40% from 3 over his entire 4 year career. I'd take that. Although if Hurt is really that good, he's 1 and done.

Top Bottom