All Things Matthew Hurt Thread (Rochester JM, Class of 2019)

This is true.

I also think there is a decent chance they get Tre Jones. Maybe 15-20%? I know that Pitino won't land an elite guard which will scare him away. I also know Pitino won't retire due to age while Tre is still college-aged.

IW is an elite guard..is he not?

per Shooter:

It was a who’s who of college basketball coaches — including the Gophers Richard Pitino and father Rick of Louisville — watching 6-8 incoming junior Matthew Hurt, who in just two years set Rochester John Marshall’s all-time scoring record, score 28 points in an AAU tournament in Las Vegas the other day. The only coach of significance not noticed was Kansas’ Bill Self.

http://www.twincities.com/2017/08/0...-assesses-joe-mauers-hall-of-fame-worthiness/

Go Gophers!!

In his latest Scoops Podcast, Doogie said that Hurt will take unofficial visits in the next few weeks to UCLA, Indiana, Louisville and Kentucky. Doogie said the Gophers "are sitting OK depending on how the year goes for Michael Hurt...if Michael plays and he should, he's one of the teams best shooters. If Richard Pitino uses Michael Hurt I would think that has a positive influence."

http://www.1500espn.com/tag/the-scoop/

Go Gophers!!

per Marcus' story on MN vs Duke recruiting:

So will it be three in a row with Hurt next year? He was excited about getting the Duke offer this summer.

“Coach K is a great coach," he told ABc 6 News earlier this month. "It's just really a blessing for him to call me and say he offered me a scholarship. In general, it just feels good. It means they must think high of me, they love my game, they love how I play. I can do a little bit of everything."

Pitino has an advantage with Hurt’s older brother, Michael, on the team. If the 6-foot-7 sophomore has a productive season and contributes to a big year for the Gophers that would definitely be a massive selling point.

Hurt plans to take unofficial visits to UCLA, Louisville, Kentucky and Duke this fall. The recruiting battle with blue bloods for Minnesota’s top prospects won’t end with Hurt, either.

http://m.startribune.com/will-the-g...ng-battle-with-duke/440565623/?section=sports

Go Gophers!!

Doggie on his latest podcast interviews Matthew...his questioning was head scratching. The question telling him that he didn't think his brother played enough last year and will his lack of playing time factor into your decision was awkward.

Doggie on his latest podcast interviews Matthew...his questioning was head scratching. The question telling him that he didn't think his brother played enough last year and will his lack of playing time factor into your decision was awkward.

I thought exact same thing. Doogie's questions were awful and leading. Doogie was gushing over Duke and Coach K and led his questions with great praise. Then on the U, Doogie took the totally opposite and negative tone. Doogie told Matthew that he thought that Michael should have played more last year and then Doogie had a leading question saying "if he doesn't play more this year, will that have a negative impact on your recruitment." Not Doogie's finest work.

per Sid:

The next big challenge when it comes to recruiting for the Gophers will be Matthew Hurt, who is the eighth-ranked player in the Class of 2019 and has already been offered scholarships by the likes of Duke, Kansas and North Carolina. Will his brother Michael, already with the Gophers, be a help in recruiting? That’s a good question.

http://www.startribune.com/vikings-...rule-extending-roster-cut-deadline/441089813/

Go Gophers!!

I don't believe Michael's playing time is a factor for Matthew. I can't believe Michael thinks he should be playing more. Nothing about his attitude, comments or confidence would indicate that.

I thought exact same thing. Doogie's questions were awful and leading. Doogie was gushing over Duke and Coach K and led his questions with great praise. Then on the U, Doogie took the totally opposite and negative tone. Doogie told Matthew that he thought that Michael should have played more last year and then Doogie had a leading question saying "if he doesn't play more this year, will that have a negative impact on your recruitment." Not Doogie's finest work.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who's getting annoyed with Doogie. His interview skills are terrible, he sounds so scripted and is completely full of himself. If he says "ah, heck" one more time...

It just sucks that he's by far the best insider in town across all the sports/teams

I don't believe Michael's playing time is a factor for Matthew. I can't believe Michael thinks he should be playing more. Nothing about his attitude, comments or confidence would indicate that.

It helps that he's competing with Amir Coffey for pt and not Joey King.

If Doogie truly thinks Michael deserved more PT last season, tells me all I need to know about his basketball acumen. Hurt was not ready last year, not even close. Overmatched.

It just sucks that he's by far the best insider in town across all the sports/teams

Is this sarcasm? That guy is the King of Hacks. If I had a nickel for every time he didn't give proper due to the guy who actually broke the story, or threw some baseless speculation/opinion as a "scoop," I'd be loaded.

Give a 12 year-old child KSTP credentials, teach them to tweet and put "Im hearing" or "I'm told" in front of other people's work, and there is zero dropoff.

Then, throw on top of that that he unfathomably considers himself the Joseph Pulitzer of sports reporters, and has such delusion of grandeur, the end result is that I absolutely cannot stand the guy. It's funny that people have so much vitriol for Ruesse and Souhan, but love this hack. At least the former do real work (it's just that people don't agree with theirs).

Is this sarcasm? That guy is the King of Hacks. If I had a nickel for every time he didn't give proper due to the guy who actually broke the story, or threw some baseless speculation/opinion as a "scoop," I'd be loaded.

Give a 12 year-old child KSTP credentials, teach them to tweet and put "Im hearing" or "I'm told" in front of other people's work, and there is zero dropoff.

Then, throw on top of that that he unfathomably considers himself the Joseph Pulitzer of sports reporters, and has such delusion of grandeur, the end result is that I absolutely cannot stand the guy. It's funny that people have so much vitriol for Ruesse and Souhan, but love this hack. At least the former do real work (it's just that people don't agree with theirs).

From my reading, you are agreeing with The previous poster. he is just lamenting that Doogie could be good, but instead does what you posted.

Personally (If my take is correct), I agree with both. Doogie could be an excellent reporter, but he's such a Licorice butt. He's afraid. He puts pressure on himself to over dramatize. He wants ESPN..... instead of showcasing his talent, he shrinks in the occasion.

Not sure too many love him anymore. I don't know anyone who likes him.

That isn't what he is exactly saying. It's more like while Doogie is the most connected journalist, he still is a piss poor one. Lots of other journalists could do a better job but it is what it is.

Doogie can be annoying but he's so much better than reusse and especially souhan it's not even funny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Most connected" is what I should've gone with. Across the board he *gives out* more information across the Vikings, Wolves, Twins and Gopher FB/BB than any other journalist in town and is a good follow if you want to consolidate all that news from one source. But he could be as great of an insider as Woj and I'd still find him completely insufferable. His subbing in for Mackey on 1500 this morning with Judd has terrible, I actually had to switch to PA for a bit god save me.

"Most connected" is what I should've gone with. Across the board he *gives out* more information across the Vikings, Wolves, Twins and Gopher FB/BB than any other journalist in town and is a good follow if you want to consolidate all that news from one source. But he could be as great of an insider as Woj and I'd still find him completely insufferable. His subbing in for Mackey on 1500 this morning with Judd has terrible, I actually had to switch to PA for a bit god save me.

Every time I click on this thread, I'm hoping to see something new regarding Hurt. Instead, it's about Doogie. If you don't like him, don't listen to him and vice-versa. smh

Don't switch over to PA! Yes Doogie can take over a conversation which can be a hastle sometimes but Judd's still in. Jaime Watson of Minnesota United on tomorrow from the fair, first time co-hosting hopefully goes well.

Don't switch over to PA! Yes Doogie can take over a conversation which can be a hastle sometimes but Judd's still in. Jaime Watson of Minnesota United on tomorrow from the fair, first time co-hosting hopefully goes well.

Yes and what does all this chatter have to do with Hurt? I mean I have a favorite DJ back in Phoenix if readers wish that I could introduce to this thread?

I have a question.

I know the younger Hurt is a couple of inches taller, but what separates him from his older brother. Is he quicker, stronger, or what? I saw them play a couple of years ago and thought Michael had more fire and energy, granted, he was older.

What is it about the younger one that is so special?

Everything makes him special,, he can score at all three levels he rebounds he passes well he can ball handle, he runs the floor he's smart he's athletic.. he's going to be an NBA lottery pick no matter where he plays in college...

What was Matthew's answer? I don't want to listen to Doogie.

Should've been a resounding no. Playing time should be earned not given to a certain player because of their relationship with a recruit especially considering the potential of the team this year.

Stupid premise. Even worse when you consider it's the local media trying to stir this pot.

Top Bottom