All Things Matthew Hurt Thread (Rochester JM, Class of 2019)

As Pitino prepares for the most important home visit of his life, let's all take a moment and send him our best vibes for him to hit it out of the park. It would change the program to have Matthew become a Gopher.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

As Pitino prepares for the most important home visit of his life, let's all take a moment and send him our best vibes for him to hit it out of the park. It would change the program to have Matthew become a Gopher.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

LOL at the twitter comment where the guy says "he should offer him a scholarship!"

He looks a lot like Jimmy Chitwood.

Hoping that Matt and Zeke decide they like the idea of playing together but Kentucky and others fill up before they commit, then they come to Minnesota. One can dream.

Yes, yes he does. But Chitwood is better.

Might not quite be Kentucky level talent, but Jackson’s timing is a nice little boost to the recruiting pitch today. Hurt’s really gotta like seeing that commitment he has any interest in Minnesota at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Might not quite be Kentucky level talent, but Jackson’s timing is a nice little boost to the recruiting pitch today. Hurt’s really gotta like seeing that commitment he has any interest in Minnesota at all.

Good part about snagging Hurt is that you could pair him with another 4 on the court, as I think he can defend the 5

This is good news Hurt wants to win also so add good players around him. Let’s go Hurt!

Good part about snagging Hurt is that you could pair him with another 4 on the court, as I think he can defend the 5

Jackson played some 5 in AAU, and as he puts on weight might do it more, kind of like Curry. He actually played all over. Looked like the point forward in some videos, and post in others.

I’ll say it now: if hurt commits to the gophers, I’ll donate $100 to the basketball program. If all posters did that, they could afford to pay better players!

Any updates on the visit? Did he bring a loi to have him sign? Did he refuse to leave the home until he secured a committment? Did he pass the potatoes?

“Delicious potatoes Mrs Hurt”

Go Gophers!!

Villanova wow! I would choose Nova over Kansas and UNC. Jay Wright as a coach compared to Self no contest.

Go Gophers!!

Nova getting in very late in the game on a top 10 talent, but I guess when you've won 2 of the last 3 national championships you can do that and still be taken seriously. Neither K, Cal, Self or anyone else can similarly sell Matthew on that fact.

Nova getting in very late in the game on a top 10 talent, but I guess when you've won 2 of the last 3 national championships you can do that and still be taken seriously. Neither K, Cal, Self or anyone else can similarly sell Matthew on that fact.

Duke and Kentucky can sell him on giving him the fast track to the NBA though. Don't believe Villanova has had a lot of one and dones recently. Omari Spellman was force to red shirt for a year, and then went to the NBA after his red shirt freshman season. With Richard Hurt saying that Michael's goal was to play for Minnesota, and Matthew's goal is to play in the NBA, maybe NBA prep is more important to him than trying to win a championship in college.

He will probably play in the NBA after one year thus there is no faster track.

Hey, 247 has us in 2nd place for the Hurt sweepstakes... Nice (South Park cop voice)

Matthew Hurt.jpg

per Marcus:

Minnesota coach Richard Pitino is expected to see Rochester John Marshall five-star senior forward Matthew Hurt on Thursday for the second time after an in-home visit last week, a source familiar with the situation told the Star Tribune.

Pitino, who was in Kansas on Wednesday checking out his newly committed four-star Sunrise Christian forward Tray Jackson, is definitely making sure the Gophers prioritize Hurt as much as any program recruiting him.

How much of a difference will that make, with Duke, North Carolina, Kentucky, Kansas and others making trips to Rochester for face time since the contact period began Sept. 9?

That’s something only time will tell. It surely doesn't hurt. And it sends a strong message.

Hurt, though, has not scheduled any official visits and doesn’t appear to be in any rush to announce his finalists right now. He’s working on a different timetable than the typical process, but Hurt’s in a position as a top-10 talent in his class to be patient if he wants to.

In a few weeks, Hurt will be joining the top 80 players in the country at the USA junior national team's first minicamp next month in Colorado Springs.

Hurt’s older brother, Michael, meanwhile will be getting things going soon with Minnesota’s first practice of the 2018-19 college hoops season next Tuesday. The 6-foot-7 junior forward will get a chance to show how much his hard work this offseason has paid off.

http://www.startribune.com/richard-...e-star-matthew-hurt-again-the-next/493765661/

Go Gophers!!

per Marcus:

Minnesota coach Richard Pitino is expected to see Rochester John Marshall five-star senior forward Matthew Hurt on Thursday for the second time after an in-home visit last week, a source familiar with the situation told the Star Tribune.

Pitino, who was in Kansas on Wednesday checking out his newly committed four-star Sunrise Christian forward Tray Jackson, is definitely making sure the Gophers prioritize Hurt as much as any program recruiting him.

How much of a difference will that make, with Duke, North Carolina, Kentucky, Kansas and others making trips to Rochester for face time since the contact period began Sept. 9?

That’s something only time will tell. It surely doesn't hurt. And it sends a strong message.

Hurt, though, has not scheduled any official visits and doesn’t appear to be in any rush to announce his finalists right now. He’s working on a different timetable than the typical process, but Hurt’s in a position as a top-10 talent in his class to be patient if he wants to.

In a few weeks, Hurt will be joining the top 80 players in the country at the USA junior national team's first minicamp next month in Colorado Springs.

Hurt’s older brother, Michael, meanwhile will be getting things going soon with Minnesota’s first practice of the 2018-19 college hoops season next Tuesday. The 6-foot-7 junior forward will get a chance to show how much his hard work this offseason has paid off.

http://www.startribune.com/richard-...e-star-matthew-hurt-again-the-next/493765661/

Go Gophers!!

Hurt would be an absolute program changer and would arguably the most exciting sports moment for me if he were to commit...that being said, I wont fault Pitino if Hurt decides to go Kansas. We have thrown the kitchen sink at Matthew and short of paying him like the big programs can, there is nothing else we could have done in this recruitment.

Hurt would be an absolute program changer and would arguably the most exciting sports moment for me if he were to commit...that being said, I wont fault Pitino if Hurt decides to go Kansas. We have thrown the kitchen sink at Matthew and short of paying him like the big programs can, there is nothing else we could have done in this recruitment.

This. Would love if the kid stayed in state but won’t fault him either way. You do you, Matt!

Regardless of outcome, no negative impact should occur to Pitino (regarding this recruitment alone). No coaches lands every top 10, in state or not. And few coaches can land the talent without strong NCAA finishes first. Put in a strong effort since he is in state and then focus on players interested at our level to attempt to win and improve ground for future classes.

If Hurt doesn't stay home, it's certainly not because of a lack of effort. Let's hope Pitino's trip Thursday is to at least lock up an official visit, and you know Michael is in his ear as much as possible about them being teammates next year. And his family and friends want him close to home -- they'd love to drive up to The Barn for his games.

Say he does commit here, hard not to be incredibly excited about the squad next season with Curry, Oturu, Kalscheur, Carr, Willis, Coffey, Omersa, IW and Willis. You have one Hurt who will be a senior and a nice complimentary piece, and the younger who is projected to potentially be 1-and-done. You could argue that along with Matthew Hurt, Coffey, Oturu and Curry all have draft potential. That's a ton of talent and athleticism on the floor. That's without mentioning Tray Jackson, plus 2 other schollies left to fill.

For now, I'm cautiously optimistic good things will happen and I'm excited about the potential for this season.

Top Bottom