Page 1 of 143 1231151101 ... LastLast

Default All Things Matthew Hurt Thread (Rochester JM, Class of 2019)

It's clear that Matthew is going to be a big time, national recruit. Here is a thread that we can use to post updates, articles, video, tweets and more.

Here is our interview with Matthew that we posted today:

Q&A: Matthew Hurt Making Impact As 8th Grader, Gophers Showing Strong, Early Interest

i had big hopes for the dahlman family impacting the gopher program for both men's and women. that didn't turn out too well. let's hope the hurt family is different!

As I posted in another thread - this trend of going after recruits at such an early age bothers me. I believe there should be a minimum age for recruiting - maybe 15 or 16 - and below that age, colleges should not be allowed to have any contact with prospective recruits. Let kids grow up before subjecting them to the spotlight. Most HS Juniors and Seniors are barely mature enough to deal with the pressures of big-time recruiting - I just can't see how it's healthy to subject a 13- or 14-year old kid to that kind of pressure.

What's next - a comprehensive survey of the top 5th-grade players?

as i posted in another thread - well, thanks for that short ornery norwegian. the self-described ornery one is living up to his name.

you cared enough about him to open the thread and post about it. you could have easily read the headline, decided to skip this one, but instead you opened it, and posted about it. if the hurt family doesn't want their son recruited in 8th grade, they can make that decision and tell the coaches to come back in a few years. my guess is they won't, nor would 99.9% of families. let threads be threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Go4 View Post
    i had big hopes for the dahlman family impacting the gopher program for both men's and women. that didn't turn out too well. let's hope the hurt family is different!
    The last Dahlman brother wasn't anywhere near a D1 or D2 player last year as a senior for braham. I think he plays football for St. Scholastica. And too bad Isaiah sat bench for Michigan St. He probably couldn't have made an impact for the gophers

Matthew Hurt F 6'8 8th official roster.

Quote Originally Posted by short ornery norwegian View Post
    As I posted in another thread - this trend of going after recruits at such an early age bothers me. I believe there should be a minimum age for recruiting - maybe 15 or 16 - and below that age, colleges should not be allowed to have any contact with prospective recruits. Let kids grow up before subjecting them to the spotlight. Most HS Juniors and Seniors are barely mature enough to deal with the pressures of big-time recruiting - I just can't see how it's healthy to subject a 13- or 14-year old kid to that kind of pressure.

I think freshman year is fine, any earlier than that is pretty dumb, if they are that good they are probably already in the spotlight, starting on the varsity, etc..

I thought he was a ninth grader, should probably be left alone for at least the next year, I agree with you Norwegian.

He's 6'8 and the second leading scorer on the varsity team behind his brother, so I think we can start talking about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaykay View Post
    He's 6'8 and the second leading scorer on the varsity team behind his brother, so I think we can start talking about him.
    Yeah that's pretty impressive.

Fairbault Daily News: Hurt brothers, in front of Gophers coach Richard Pitino, lead Rochester John Marshall boys over Faribault

Faribault (7-8, 4-8 Big 9) lost to JM (11-4, 9-3) 72-48 earlier this season, and JM junior forward Michael Hurt had 23 points in the win. Hurt was limited to 13 on Friday, but his younger brother, eighth-grader Matthew Hurt, scored 22. Matthew Hurt was out with an injury and didn’t play in the teams’ first meeting.

The Hurt brothers are both Division I prospects, and Minnesota Gophers men’s basketball coach Richard Pitino was at Friday’s game. Michael Hurt has already been offered a scholarship from the Gophers.

http://www.southernminn.com/faribaul...684ffc846.html

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Quote Originally Posted by short ornery norwegian View Post

Meh...kid has parents...maybe we let them decide.
    Yes, I did win the Gopherhole 2016 Bracket Challenge - Yes, it was a total fluke.
    Kaler & Coyle are scum and should be sent packing!

Does he like his brother is the only relevant question right now.