All Things Matthew Hurt Thread (Rochester JM, Class of 2019)

Bill Self is one of the dirtiest guys out there. I can't wait until he gets pinched. He's right up there with the guy from Kentucky. I'd love to see him go down.

Kansas tacitly acknowledges being subpoenaed in ongoing federal basketball investigation:

The University of Kansas tacitly acknowledged that it has been subpoenaed by the federal government in the ongoing federal basketball investigation, according to a recent response to a public records request.

In an email to Yahoo Sports in response to a Kansas Open Records Act request, the school replied to a request for “any subpoenas received by (University of) Kansas… in relation to the ongoing federal investigation of college basketball” by stating it “has public records that are responsive to your request.” The university also stated it is “cooperating with the government inquiry.”

The university denied Yahoo’s April request for copies of subpoenas, citing the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act and saying their release would “constitute a clearly unwarranted invasion of personal privacy.” Multiple lawyers and document experts contacted by Yahoo Sports confirmed that the language used by the university is an acknowledgement of the school being subpoenaed by the federal government.

https://sports.yahoo.com/kansas-tac...deral-basketball-investigation-142515144.html

Excellent!

Seriously, this kid is getting some horrible advice from papa whom I suspect wants to be in the limelight. Ain't gonna happen unless
your a Gopher.

Nothing will happen. Bill self will still be there. Hurt will still follow the aau trickle down money. This means nothing.

He isn't coming here and never considered it. Move on from 2019 guys.

per Sid:

• Rochester John Marshall standout Matthew Hurt had a tremendous weekend at the high-profile Adidas Gauntlet Finale in New York, according to the Gophers Illustrated website. In a matchup with Isaiah Todd, the 10th-ranked player in Hurt’s class, Hurt scored 29 points on 10-for-14 shooting while Todd went 2-for-14 and scored seven points. College coaches in attendance included Kentucky’s John Calipari, Kansas’ Bill Self and the Gophers’ Richard Pitino. Hurt, a 6-9 power forward, is ranked No. 6 in the Class of 2019 according to 247Sports.

http://www.startribune.com/paul-molitor-twins-have-experienced-month-long-rolls-before/488681681/

Go Gophers!!

I wish Hurt would re-classify and come this year. Hurt is a stud. Got to give Isaish Todd a bit of a break though Hurt is 18 months older than Todd the kid is 16.....

Indy Star: Where IU basketball stands in race for blue-blood darling Matthew Hurt

Whenever five-star forward Matthew Hurt watched Indiana games last year, he’d pay special attention to Hoosiers forward Juwan Morgan.

The consensus top-10 prospect noted how Morgan could shoot and dribble — could do a little bit of everything, really. He saw how IU coach Archie Miller utilized Morgan and allowed him to get out in transition and spearhead fast breaks.

If Hurt commits to the Hoosiers, that’s the role he wants to fill.

“Try to impact on both ends of the floor. Shoot it,” Hurt told IndyStar. “I’d be a mismatch nightmare for the inside bigs and I’d be able to defend. I like to play defense and I like to guard multiple positions.”

Right now, there’s a one-in-eight chance that mismatch nightmare becomes a reality for the Hoosiers’ 2019 opponents. Hurt said he’s considering IU, Minnesota, Kentucky, Duke, Memphis, North Carolina, Kansas and UCLA.

He’s going on a vacation next week, during which he’ll sit down with his family and try to narrow down his choices. Then, he’ll go about scheduling visits. He said he hopes to commit by his senior season, but he’ll extend his recruitment until April if necessary.

On Minnesota …
“My brother (Michael Hurt) goes there and he’s loving it up there. He’s just telling me good things about their campus and what they do with their freshmen — because I’m pretty close with their freshmen. (Coach Richard Pitino) talks to me a lot.”

On North Carolina …
“I played with Coby White with Team USA and me and him were talking. But I think the program is great. They always try to find a way to win. In March, they’re always at the top or the Final Four, winning the ACC championship. All they do is win.”

On Kentucky …
“They do great with one-and-done players, those type of players. They use them really well in their system. They work out with them pretty well, and it pays off for all of them to get drafted.”

On Duke …
“Coach K is one of the best recruiters in the nation, I think. He’s got three top-five players in (the 2018 class). Who knows who they’re going to hit with in our grade. I think the same thing: They do really well with one-and-done players. All they do is win, too.”

On UCLA …
“I went over there on a visit last August and it was a great visit, great campus, beautiful. They tell me they’ve got NBA coaches there at every practice. So if you’re not getting in the game, they can see you in practice — and that’s worked pretty well.”

On Memphis …
“I was close with (assistant coach) Mike Miller before he got the job. Me and him have been friends ever since I worked out with him last summer. Their coaching staff — Penny (Hardaway), (Tony Madlock), (Sam) Mitchell and Mike — I think they can get a lot of top-10 players, top-100 players. They’re doing great so far. I think they’re just going to keep rising.”

On Kansas …
“Playing for Coach (Bill) Self would be pretty cool. He did a great job with all of us (on the U18 National Team), especially because we had to buy in as one. Instead of 12 individuals, we bonded as one. I think that’s why we were so successful.”

https://www.indystar.com/story/spor...y-duke-minnesota-memphis-ucla-2019/848660002/

Go Gophers!!

What percent % chance does the Gophers have signing Hurt??

So UCLA has NBA coaches at every practice, yah right.... if you believe that then I got about a dozen bridges to sell you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What percent % chance does the Gophers have signing Hurt??

< 1%. If he was going to MN, he would have committed by now. The only reason this number isn't 0 % is that he he said he may hold off signing until spring 2019 which to me is odd. However this could be to evaluate what happens to Kansas or just possibly see what type of season MN has.

But I wouldn't get my hope's up

0%.

Same with Suggs.

Pitino needs to get his fair share of the the really good 2nd tier Minnesota kids. Can win a lot of games with the Oturus, Coffeys, Sims, Davison, Wright, etc., to go with the likes of Murph, Jelly, Mason, McBrayer, etc. Simply not going to get the nationally elite Minnesota kids like Trent, Jones’, Hurt & Suggs until the program turns around.

Selection Sunday I really hope your wrong. Do you have facts that he is 100 percent out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have facts he isn’t?

It’s personal opinion. Why even ask that question?

Selection Sunday I really hope your wrong. Do you have facts that he is 100 percent out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speculating like everyone else. If he gets scared off by the Kansas subpoena stuff, then he’ll just pick the next blueblood on his list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Right on, next blue blood is his next choice. I would bet the Gophers is his last choice.

I don't know whether he will end up being a Gopher or not but they have a much better chance than anyone here is giving them. I get it nobody wants to get their hopes up only to have them dashed again. As of today I'd say Kansas or Minnesota. I think it would help the Gophers chances if Matt decides to make his decision until spring and he can see the Gophers have another good season before deciding.

I don't know whether he will end up being a Gopher or not but they have a much better chance than anyone here is giving them. I get it nobody wants to get their hopes up only to have them dashed again. As of today I'd say Kansas or Minnesota. I think it would help the Gophers chances if Matt decides to make his decision until spring and he can see the Gophers have another good season before deciding.

Agree spring decision will help us if this year's team comes through. My order, Kan, Mn, NC. Also helps if Man has issues.

STrib: Matthew Hurt's big choice looms: Will Michael Hurt's rise on Gophers influence decision?

Matthew Hurt’s final summer of high school hoops ended with a bang. A gold medal and some big AAU wins sent his stock soaring.

The next bang will be Hurt’s college decision — more like a KA-BOOM! — heard around the country, especially in Minnesota.

“I’m trying to make a decision before the high school season for sure,” the Rochester John Marshall senior-to-be and top-five Class of 2019 player said. “Whatever school I go to, I’m going to try to make a big impact right away. And my ultimate goal is to win.”

Describing Hurt only as a five-star prospect doesn’t do him justice. He’s a sharpshooting, slam-dunking, shot-blocking, big-shot making 6-9 forward that can play inside and out.

Which lucky five programs will get official visits this fall? The ones recruiting him the hardest right now are Minnesota, Indiana, Kentucky, Kansas, North Carolina, Duke, UCLA, Memphis and Iowa.

For Richard Pitino, Hurt is talented enough to instantly make the Gophers a 2019-20 Big Ten title contender. And that would just be the beginning. How realistic is Hurt staying home, though?

It certainly doesn’t hurt that his older brother, Michael, is enjoying his experience and making strides with the Gophers.

“Seeing him there helps out a lot,” Matthew Hurt said. “I could see myself trying to fit in that system playing with my brother. I love playing with him. How he takes care of me off the court and on the court, too. I think it would just make a big difference.”

http://www.startribune.com/matthew-...rise-on-gophers-influence-decision/489514721/

Go Gophers!!

STrib: Matthew Hurt's big choice looms: Will Michael Hurt's rise on Gophers influence decision?

Matthew Hurt’s final summer of high school hoops ended with a bang. A gold medal and some big AAU wins sent his stock soaring.

The next bang will be Hurt’s college decision — more like a KA-BOOM! — heard around the country, especially in Minnesota.

“I’m trying to make a decision before the high school season for sure,” the Rochester John Marshall senior-to-be and top-five Class of 2019 player said. “Whatever school I go to, I’m going to try to make a big impact right away. And my ultimate goal is to win.”

Describing Hurt only as a five-star prospect doesn’t do him justice. He’s a sharpshooting, slam-dunking, shot-blocking, big-shot making 6-9 forward that can play inside and out.

Which lucky five programs will get official visits this fall? The ones recruiting him the hardest right now are Minnesota, Indiana, Kentucky, Kansas, North Carolina, Duke, UCLA, Memphis and Iowa.

For Richard Pitino, Hurt is talented enough to instantly make the Gophers a 2019-20 Big Ten title contender. And that would just be the beginning. How realistic is Hurt staying home, though?

It certainly doesn’t hurt that his older brother, Michael, is enjoying his experience and making strides with the Gophers.

“Seeing him there helps out a lot,” Matthew Hurt said. “I could see myself trying to fit in that system playing with my brother. I love playing with him. How he takes care of me off the court and on the court, too. I think it would just make a big difference.”

http://www.startribune.com/matthew-...rise-on-gophers-influence-decision/489514721/

Go Gophers!!

It is amazing that the Star Tribune and people here actually believe the crap being slung at us.

Hurt is going to an Adidas school for corrupt reasons covered here already. Why doesn't the Star Tribune ever cover this aspect of Hurt at all?

It is amazing that the Star Tribune and people here actually believe the crap being slung at us.

Hurt is going to an Adidas school for corrupt reasons covered here already. Why doesn't the Star Tribune ever cover this aspect of Hurt at all?

Probably because dragging someone threw the mud based on speculation isn’t a good look for a news paper.

Time will tell if that’s the case. If and when the Star Trubune can write their article accordingly on Hurt. Just sign with the Gophers and this speculation is null and void!

Top Bottom