All Things Matthew Hurt Thread (Rochester JM, Class of 2019)

For Tre's sake I hope he comes back because he needs another year at least to improve before going to the NBA.

The kids biggest weakness is shooting....nba will get him the most practice on that, altough without rj and zion he'd be more of the man and would probably improve his stock...hes got an interesting decision..

With Tre Jones coming back, Hurt will be a Dukie. Hes been waiting to see what Tre and Coby White at UNC were going to do because he wanted to play with them.

Jones is a terrible shooter. He needs to go back for a year.

3 years! ��

If Ryan Saunders stays, I can definitely see the TWolves telling Tre they'd draft him with their second pick. Glen Taylor wants nothing more than to have two of Minnesota's own, brothers at that!, be the starting and backup point guards

If Ryan Saunders stays, I can definitely see the TWolves telling Tre they'd draft him with their second pick. Glen Taylor wants nothing more than to have two of Minnesota's own, brothers at that!, be the starting and backup point guards

They're not "Minnesota" anymore, they chose to leave the state to go to Duke.

Jones is a terrible shooter. He needs to go back for a year.

So true. Teams didn't even guard him at the 3 point line. He's a smart player and very good on D. But his shooting, size and so-so athleticism will make his future interesting.

Not interested. Would get more local support by drafting Murphy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So true. Teams didn't even guard him at the 3 point line. He's a smart player and very good on D. But his shooting, size and so-so athleticism will make his future interesting.

More athletic and bigger than Tyus.

Well the Matthew saga will soon be over. The odds do not sound good but I am hoping like many that he picks the Gophers. I really enjoy watching Minnesota kids play here.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

Well the Matthew saga will soon be over. The odds do not sound good but I am hoping like many that he picks the Gophers. I really enjoy watching Minnesota kids play here.

Damn it pitino, you stopped recruiting me but im going to commit anyways

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

If Hurt is truly selecting his college based on being prepared for the NBA after one year, I can't believe he would select K and Duke over Calipari and Kentucky. Cal's one-and-dones have had SIGNIFICANTLY greater success in the NBA than Duke players. Look at this list (it's not exhaustive, but only the best of them), it's not even close who have been more impactful players at the next level. Cal has produced 5 legitimate stars (Cousins and Randle are borderline), while K has one (Kyrie; Deng has been a solid role player). If my career goal was to play one year in college so I'm ready to jump to the NBA and be a star, I'm headed to Lexington, not Durham.

Calipari:
- Anthony Davis
- KAT
- Derrick Rose
- John Wall
- Devin Booker
- Boogie Cousins
- Julius Randle

Krzyzewski
- Kyrie Irving
- Luol Deng
- Jayson Tatum
- Marvin Bagley III
- Jabari Parker
- Wendell Carter Jr.
- Tyus Jones

If Hurt is truly selecting his college based on being prepared for the NBA after one year, I can't believe he would select K and Duke over Calipari and Kentucky. Cal's one-and-dones have had SIGNIFICANTLY greater success in the NBA than Duke players. Look at this list (it's not exhaustive, but only the best of them), it's not even close who have been more impactful players at the next level. Cal has produced 5 legitimate stars (Cousins and Randle are borderline), while K has one (Kyrie; Deng has been a solid role player). If my career goal was to play one year in college so I'm ready to jump to the NBA and be a star, I'm headed to Lexington, not Durham.

Calipari:
- Anthony Davis
- KAT
- Derrick Rose
- John Wall
- Devin Booker
- Boogie Cousins
- Julius Randle

Krzyzewski
- Kyrie Irving
- Luol Deng
- Jayson Tatum
- Marvin Bagley III
- Jabari Parker
- Wendell Carter Jr.
- Tyus Jones

he cant go wrong at either place....I would say it would be awfully difficult to say no to Coach K and Duke, while also being able to play with Tre.
im not a Duke fan. But it will be fun to watch two MN guys playing for them at least for 1 year.

he cant go wrong at either place....I would say it would be awfully difficult to say no to Coach K and Duke, while also being able to play with Tre.
im not a Duke fan. But it will be fun to watch two MN guys playing for them at least for 1 year.

no it won't.

My opinion, if you are a true one and done it does not make much difference where you play. NBA scouts already know who you are and will be watching where ever you are. If you feel you have to add a NCAA title to you list go to a school like Duke with the rest of the one and dones although that did not work out so great for them this year.

If only Richard hadn't cut off all communication dashing the Gopher's chances. We might have had the press conference where he would have put on the Duke cap while a Gopher one sat there. Never know, but I think it would have been a Chris Humphries II soap opera, and we know how that turned out.

Fun only to watch them lose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That literally will be the opposite of fun. Sounds awful

again...to each their own....if you care that much about a high school player not picking your favorite college team....and legit will think its awful to watch them....or in Bordergophers case, cheer for them to lose....tells you a lot of what kind of person you are

life goes on

again...to each their own....if you care that much about a high school player not picking your favorite college team....and legit will think its awful to watch them....or in Bordergophers case, cheer for them to lose....tells you a lot of what kind of person you are

life goes on

That'd be a person that's loyal to their team. They are, you're not.

Top Bottom