All Things Matthew Hurt Thread (Rochester JM, Class of 2019)

Seems like a caveat to interviewing Matthew is you also have to interview his dad. Not sure i’ve ever seen a recruit’s father as involved as this even in second generation player situations. Weird.

Not a threat, reality. I've seen North play a few times and they have the Mostaert Twins, Wahl, and Staloch etc all 6'5" - 6'7" and built like football players except Wahl.

Yep. They will get pounded by LN. Heck, they got pounded by Cretin Durham hall. JM is playing better basketball now than they were then, but Lakeville North is also playing well right now.

Last year they were ahead in the last minute. Three years ago they were ahead deep in the second half and lost a close game. I think JM will be in the game if they beat New Prague on Saturday. Lakeville North is definitely the favorite though.

Not a threat, reality. I've seen North play a few times and they have the Mostaert Twins, Wahl, and Staloch etc all 6'5" - 6'7" and built like football players except Wahl.

I was joking.

That is being polite...I always love how he deliberately picks idiots to engage with on twitter to prove his point, but will get ultra defensive and make bland statements anytime anyone questions anything.

[URL="[/URL]

Saw Lakeville North play Lakeville South a couple weeks ago. North is the most physical High School team I have seen in years. Even their guards play physical. Their Bigs are Grown Men.

Hurt is Great and much better than Wahl, but He will need to have the best game of his life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

North's whole team is grown men, they are my pick to win State this year.

Lakeville.

I don't get it. Why would so many people want to live so far away? Isn't it like right next to Northfield?? Were they giving out free houses, back in the 90's?

Did a bunch of former college athletes get together and say "hey guys, everyone's going to Lakeville. Let's all move there so all our sons can play on championship teams!"

Lakeville.

I don't get it. Why would so many people want to live so far away? Isn't it like right next to Northfield?? Were they giving out free houses, back in the 90's?

Did a bunch of former college athletes get together and say "hey guys, everyone's going to Lakeville. Let's all move there so all our sons can play on championship teams!"

Where do you live....downtown Minneapolis? Lakeville borders Apple Valley and Burnsville, and in the age of the automobile it really isn't that much of a difference between Lakeville, Eden Prairie and Coon Rapids. Because I'm a golfer, I just googled the drive time from Crystal Lake Golf Course, Bent Creek Golf Course and Bunker Hills Golf Course to USBank Stadium and they were all within a minute of each other. Just for fun, I also did it for Brakkets Crossing in Southern Lakeville and it was only 2 minutes longer.

Why are their sports teams good? They are affluent and their youth programs are very strong. That's the reason most of these schools have good programs.

Lakeville.

You nailed it, people like Lakeville cause it gets them closer to Northfield.

It's 20 minutes to Northfield, 30ish minutes downtown, etc.

Lakeville has decent youth sports. Wayzata is one the one with dominate youth sports but they should the enrollment is off the charts.

per Shama:

Best guess to win the “sweepstakes” to get Rochester John Marshall basketball superstar Matthew Hurt is Duke and its legendary coach Mike Krzyzweski, who in past years has landed Minnesotans Gary Trent Jr., and brothers Tre and Tyus Jones.

The Gophers’ chances? Slim to none, according to those who have followed the recruiting of Hurt.

http://shamasportsheadliners.com/

Go Gophers!!

per Shama:

Best guess to win the “sweepstakes” to get Rochester John Marshall basketball superstar Matthew Hurt is Duke and its legendary coach Mike Krzyzweski, who in past years has landed Minnesotans Gary Trent Jr., and brothers Tre and Tyus Jones.

The Gophers’ chances? Slim to none, according to those who have followed the recruiting of Hurt.

Go Gophers!!

Thats deep stuff. What about Duke's "Ivy" credentials? Does Hurt have the chops?

per Shama:

Go Gophers!!

My dad just texted me about how this morning he was talking to someone who would know a lot more about Matthew than all of us. This person said they are pretty sure Matthew's going to announce in April that he's going to Duke, and that a lot had changed over the last week or so. I always thought it was going to be Kansas so this was a surprise to me. Maybe some of the new developments about coaches being subpoenaed has the Hurts a little spooked.

(You are all free to think I'm a liar, and that's fine. But I trust my dad 100% and the person he was talking to is someone who would have a pretty good idea about what Matthew is thinking.)

My dad just texted me about how this morning he was talking to someone who would know a lot more about Matthew than all of us. This person said they are pretty sure Matthew's going to announce in April that he's going to Duke, and that a lot had changed over the last week or so. I always thought it was going to be Kansas so this was a surprise to me. Maybe some of the new developments about coaches being subpoenaed has the Hurts a little spooked.

(You are all free to think I'm a liar, and that's fine. But I trust my dad 100% and the person he was talking to is someone who would have a pretty good idea about what Matthew is thinking.)

Not to take anything away from your Dad or your Dad's source, but that has been the sentiment by most for a while now. It shifted from KU to Duke a few weeks ago and April was always the timing.

Go Gophers!!

Probably the smart move for him. I’m just getting pretty bored with the top 10 every year going to Duke and Kentucky then move right into the NBA.

Not to take anything away from your Dad or your Dad's source, but that has been the sentiment by most for a while now. It shifted from KU to Duke a few weeks ago and April was always the timing.

Go Gophers!!

Well I guess the only thing this confirms is that I don't follow recruiting as closely as others!

I saw him as a lean Kansas on 247 (though obviously Duke is right there as well), and I don't have any of the pay sites, so that is generally what I go by. And I do realize going by whichever school has the most crystal balls on 247 is by no means infallible!

Go Gophers!!

It's a safe pick. They do one and dones and don't have the Kansas cloud. Anything beyond a blue blood (Memphis) would raise questions, and I suspect the Hurt's don't want that.

Lakeville.

Far away from what exactly? The inner city? No one wants to live there if they can help it.

Guys with money live there. Guys with money get trophy wives. Trophy wives produce athletes. Money for training does also. South metro period and NW metro is where all the good teams are. Follow the money. Everything is new in these area. Brand new housing, stores, roads, etc, etc. Like was mentioned youth programs and club programs all over to train these kids. Lots of specialization also.

Due to the impending blizzard, the JM Sec 1AAAA Semi vs New Prague has been moved from Saturday to Monday, 3/11 at Mayo Civic Auditorium @ 7 PM.

Lakeville North vs Lakeville South moved to Farmington HS, same date/time as the other semi.

Due to the impending blizzard, the JM Sec 1AAAA Semi vs New Prague has been moved from Saturday to Monday, 3/11 at Mayo Civic Auditorium @ 7 PM.

Lakeville North vs Lakeville South moved to Farmington HS, same date/time as the other semi.
The game at Farmington should draw well from their neighboring schools.

It's a safe pick. They do one and dones and don't have the Kansas cloud. Anything beyond a blue blood (Memphis) would raise questions, and I suspect the Hurt's don't want that.

Then go to Kentucky. Calipari is more transparent and honest than the guy at Dook and its drivable from Rochester, so Mr. Hurt to watch some of his boy's games. Since he's one and done the academics at Dook are irrelevant.

Then go to Kentucky. Calipari is more transparent and honest than the guy at Dook and its drivable from Rochester, so Mr. Hurt to watch some of his boy's games. Since he's one and done the academics at Dook are irrelevant.

Hurt will not start at Duke.

Hurt will not be one and done.

Hurt is making a big mistake here.

Well, Coach K and his staff have been to Rochester twice in the last three weeks to watch him play in games, so they must like something they see. All these college coaches have seen the top high school players play several times, and they all have Hurt as a top 10 player in the country. I guess you can see something all of these top college coaches can't see.

I'm surprised they moved the 1AAAA game to the smaller Auditorium and are playing the AAA games at the Arena. I'd love to be able to hop from venue to venue to watch those games Monday night, but I think I'll have to buy two tickets.

I’m surprised Hurt isn’t taking a harder look at UNC with Luke Maye graduating. Seems like he’d fit like a glove there being able to showcase his skills as a combo forward. He’s going to have to play the 3 at Duke and probably gets exposed as a defender there. Don’t see K benching Bolden.

I do think he’ll be a one and done regardless. Doesn’t he turn 20 next year?

Probably the smart move for him. I’m just getting pretty bored with the top 10 every year going to Duke and Kentucky then move right into the NBA.

Could not agree more, my hope they don’t win a national championship

Top Bottom