All Things Matthew Hurt Thread (Rochester JM, Class of 2019)

And still zero official visits to MN, right?

We desperately need the NCAA to announce investigations on all Adidas schools.

I talked to someone that knows him well this weekend. Dont expect him to be a Gopher.

I not say zero but i am not concerned at all as i really like 4 year players for this program.

I not say zero but i am not concerned at all as i really like 4 year players for this program.

For the 100th time:

Hurt is no big loss at all.

Hurt will play 4 years in college.

Hurt will hope to play overseas after 4 years of college.

Hurt is a lotto pick. Adam Morrison type will be an elite college player don’t know how good of an nba player. Coach P needs to throw all his resources at the Minnesota 2020 21 22 classes

I'd like our chances a lot more if Michael was one of our core players. Coming in and taking away what little playing time his older brother is getting would be awkward. I'm a lot more focused on that talented 2020 class.

I'd like our chances a lot more if Michael was one of our core players. Coming in and taking away what little playing time his older brother is getting would be awkward. I'm a lot more focused on that talented 2020 class.

I’d like Michael a lot more if he was good enough to be one of our core players.

Cannot Lose what you never had..dense beyond belief to think Matt is not one and done

we don’t have a snowballs chance in hell that we land Hurt. We are going to be hard pressed to land Suggs.

per Sid:

Hurt played for Self

The Gophers men’s basketball staff continues to pursue Rochester John Marshall standout Matthew Hurt, who is ranked as a top-10 recruit in the country. But it remains unlikely that they will be able to grab him, even though his older brother, Michael, plays for the Maroon and Gold.

Kansas remains the front-runner in the quest for Hurt, and recently he took his final official visit to the Jayhawks.

One big reason Kansas is considered a near-lock for Hurt is because he already played for Jayhawks coach Bill Self with the Team USA under-18 squad last summer in Canada.

In six games under Self, Hurt averaged 14.0 points and 5.3 rebounds in 22.2 minutes per game and he shot 64.4 percent from the field and 60.0 percent from three-point range.

http://www.startribune.com/p-j-fleck-says-gophers-will-handle-high-expectations-this-year/505624362/

Go Gophers!!

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I watched Tyus Jones play about 10-12 times in high school. I've watched Matthew Hurt play about the same. For me, Hurt is the most fun kid to watch play high school basketball I've ever seen.

Last edited:

ruff must be a from Rochester ....biased to the max....

Pat is a very experienced sports writer for the local paper and has seen tons of basketball players in this state for many years. To say that his opinion of Matthew Hurt is biased is laughable.

Hurt is quite likely the most skilled offensive HS basketball player in this state, certainly in the last 40 years, perhaps ever. Unfortunately, most fans in the state have never seen him play since his teams have never made it to state. Hopefully they can get through the Section 1 juggernaut of Lakeville North and make it to the big stage this year. Then state-wide viewers will see how good this kid is. And yes, I'd love to see him play his one year of college basketball for the Gophers. He would immediately be the best player on the team and give us the offensive presence we desperately need.

Pat is a very experienced sports writer for the local paper and has seen tons of basketball players in this state for many years. To say that his opinion of Matthew Hurt is biased is laughable.

Hurt is quite likely the most skilled offensive HS basketball player in this state, certainly in the last 40 years, perhaps ever. Unfortunately, most fans in the state have never seen him play since his teams have never made it to state. Hopefully they can get through the Section 1 juggernaut of Lakeville North and make it to the big stage this year. Then state-wide viewers will see how good this kid is. And yes, I'd love to see him play his one year of college basketball for the Gophers. He would immediately be the best player on the team and give us the offensive presence we desperately need.

Hurt is a pretty special player. For those who haven't seen him play, he's worth the 90 minute drive to go watch. He's the best offensive player I have ever seen in Minnesota. He has three guys hanging on him every time he plays....pulling, grabbing and hanging on him....and he still scores over 30 points every night....half the nights more than 40. My guess is that the person who says Pat Ruff is biased has never seen Hurt play. I would love to see him play for the Gophers too. He would be a program changer, and I think will stay more than a year.

Anyone else making the trip to Rochester tonight?

Socks to fold. I live on Rochester and if thought there was any chance of Matthew Hurt the Gopher I'd be there with bells on.

If he was that good his team would win more .....they have not...best kid ever out of Rochester...yes

Last edited:

Top Bottom