Wonder what the Gophers are thinking watching this game?

#2Gopher

Reaction score
Feel better knowing that things are looking good for the future?

Feel better knowing that things are looking good for the future?

Yep. Although some of the ever present worry-worts, scared of their own shadow types here on GH would probably tell you otherwise and that the future is "full of doom and gloom".

The Gophers played OSU hard and tough, but good God the Buckeyes have been otherworldly since that game.

They just got done saying on TV how young they are and none of the key underclassmen are going to declare. Sure glad they're in the other division.

I hope Jerry and the rest of the coaches are taking notes from Urban and his staff. This is how a creative and fearless game plan looks.

A snow storm happened during our game with them. They struggled. Let's hope for a white out next year and I'm not talking the color of our shirts.

A snow storm happened during our game with them. They struggled. Let's hope for a white out next year and I'm not talking the color of our shirts.

Huh? A snow storm? There were some flurries and a few snow showers around. If you are trying to lessen the strong game our Gophers played against OSU back in November by suggesting it had something to do with the weather that is ridiculous, imo.

You've been in San Diego too long. ;)

The snow didn't affect the game at all. It just looked "pretty".

So maybe the B1G isn't as bad as the ESPN sportscasters claimed.

That this game has absolutely nothing to do with the them.

The Gophers played OSU hard and tough, but good God the Buckeyes have been otherworldly since that game.

I said it right after the game, we'd have lost be a ton in the dome. Just like all these other teams did. But that said, we played in the snow too and gave them everything we had. I was proud of our team after that loss.

So maybe the B1G isn't as bad as the ESPN sportscasters claimed.

The Big Ten was outstanding in the post season. Most notably, obviously Ohio State beating an SEC team, and then going on to win the championship, but also Michigan State beating a Baylor team that a lot of people felt should have been in the playoffs, as well as Wisconsin beating the beloved SEC in their bowl game.

I wouldnt be shocked, well actually yes I would be, if the complete disregard from major networks about the Big Ten continues.

I hope Jerry and the rest of the coaches are taking notes from Urban and his staff. This is how a creative and fearless game plan looks.

Our game plan will change as our talent level continues to increase. Our coaches are doing a great job and we are steadily improving.

They were hoping JK took notes on how to play to win and put some faith in guys on the field: i.e. going for 4th and 1 early in 3rd in own territory.

Our game plan will change as our talent level continues to increase. Our coaches are doing a great job and we are steadily improving.

I don't buy this for one second. Kill will always play it safe, it has nothing to do with talent, it's how he coaches games.

For anyone to say the weather had no effect on that game is kidding themselves. Barrett had never taken an in-game snap in below freezing temps (let alone snow) and I'm guessing he wasn't the only Buckeye that day. It probably effected the Gophers too- it definitely gave them a psychological advantage going into the game.

The Gophers played a pretty good game that day- but in a dome I don't think it would have been that close. What we can take away from it is that we can play with any team in the country.

It's easier to be aggressive when you have elite talent.

So far in his time at Minnesota Kill has called a fake field goal, a fake punt, an unexpected onside kick, and went for it on 4th and 10 against Nebraska and scored a TD. He's already proven he won't "always play it safe". I understand there is some frustration about the bowl game but some of you are overreacting. I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

We played tOSU very tough, but let's not forget that Jalin Marshall tried to catch a punt with his facemask, which led to a very short field for us to tighten things up late in the game.

Seriously, I think we should feel good about ourselves. We just need to take the next step athletically.

1. I'm not embarrassed that we lost to OSU at home by 7.
2. I'm not going to beat my chest and proclaim it a moral victory and an indication of how good we are.
3. We don't need to apologize that it was cold out and there were a few flurries on November 15. It's football, sometimes it's played outdoors, sometimes a team can benefit from playing at home, and sometimes from playing in conditions that they are more comfortable in.
4. We were playing a team from Ohio. It gets cold in Ohio, even into the teens. And it snows. We weren't playing Miami or Hawaii.

turnovers

We played tOSU very tough, but let's not forget that Jalin Marshall tried to catch a punt with his facemask, which led to a very short field for us to tighten things up late in the game.

Seriously, I think we should feel good about ourselves. We just need to take the next step athletically.

And OSU vs Oregon. OSO had four turnovers, but still won by 20+. The Gophers played very well that day.

Huh? A snow storm? There were some flurries and a few snow showers around. If you are trying to lessen the strong game our Gophers played against OSU back in November by suggesting it had something to do with the weather that is ridiculous, imo.

The weather played a role as well as some key turnovers and a strong showing from the Gophers. That being said I would not have wanted a rematch against them indoors at Lucas Oil because I think the result would have been very similar to what happened to the Badgers. We played a very good overall game that day but if anyone really believes we are close to on par with where Ohio State is at right now they are nuts. They should be the favorite to repeat next year given what they have coming back.

The weather played a role as well as some key turnovers and a strong showing from the Gophers. That being said I would not have wanted a rematch against them indoors at Lucas Oil because I think the result would have been very similar to what happened to the Badgers. We played a very good overall game that day but if anyone really believes we are close to on par with where Ohio State is at right now they are nuts. They should be the favorite to repeat next year given what they have coming back.

As Ogee said last week, no one tries harder than you every day...

I thought I heard a comment during the post-game wrap-up that insinuated all of tOSU's underclassmen are coming back. If that's the case, they are automatically a top five team going into the 2015 season. That defense is very good and could get even better. I don't think they lose a whole lot from graduation.

Top Bottom