Paul Allen asks who wins Bison vs Gophers

El Amin Fan

Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

No basis for comparison. The Bison didn't play against anybody as good as our worst loss (Illinois) and we beat multiple teams better than anyone on NDSU's schedule. I would argue that the Gophers this year were better than any team NDSU has beaten in their history (I'd take us over that 5-4 K State team they beat that one time).

I know I'm probably in the minority, but I wish we played NDSU more. It would be nice if one of the non-con games each year was against a team with a local interest aka NDSU, SDSU, Northern Iowa, North Dakota, etc. Sure the hell beats playing New Hampshire or Western Illinois.

I know I'm probably in the minority, but I wish we played NDSU more. It would be nice if one of the non-con games each year was against a team with a local interest aka NDSU, SDSU, Northern Iowa, North Dakota, etc. Sure the hell beats playing New Hampshire or Western Illinois.

how bout we just don't play any FCS teams and call it good?

how about poor old NDSU become a big boy and join a conference worthy of playing tough teams? Join the mountain west and become relevant

how about poor old NDSU become a big boy and join a conference worthy of playing tough teams? Join the mountain west and become relevant

Yup. When fighters prove they dominate a weight class, they move up. Old Dominion and App State can figure out how to make it happen, but NDSU can't?

What are the cost for a program to move up to FBS.
More Scholarships ? I believe they already satisfy the minimum attendance requirement.

NDSU is the equivalent of a good Mountain West team, and a good Mountain West team can compete with the Gophers, at this point in time. Hope that's not the case a couple years from now.

Paul Allen knows nothing about college football by his own admission. The only "real" football is pro ball.

The 2014 Gophers would walk all over NDSU and it wouldn't even be close.

NDSU is the equivalent of a good Mountain West team, and a good Mountain West team can compete with the Gophers, at this point in time. Hope that's not the case a couple years from now.

What! A good Mountain West team could beat Nebraska at Nebraska? A good Mountain West team or NDSU could put up 24 on Ohio State? We live in two different realities - do you even watch the games?

Yup. When fighters prove they dominate a weight class, they move up. Old Dominion and App State can figure out how to make it happen, but NDSU can't?

Going to the MAC or Mountain West wouldn't feel like that much of an upgrade.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Between this comment and the comment about Aaron Rodgers winning the north division for the next 10 years, I'm starting to wonder if someone has taken over your account. The only thing missing is for you to say that Kentucky would beat the Sixers, but I don't think we'll get the trifecta out of you.

Going to the MAC or Mountain West wouldn't feel like that much of an upgrade.

How so? MAC and Mountain West teams have played in the Fiesta, Orange and Rose Bowls.

I do wish the Gopher would play NDSU one more time, hang 60+ on them and then put all this crap to rest. The 2014 Gophers would stomp the old Gophers that NDSU barely beat.

The current Gophers are much stronger and faster then NDSU. I watched part of the game and it looked like they were in slow motion. The NDSU running back just plodded through the holes and stumbled into the defenders. Cobb or any of the top Gophers RB's would have knock the defenders on their arse.... and kept going.

How so? MAC and Mountain West teams have played in the Fiesta, Orange and Rose Bowls.

Sure if you're equivalent to TCU or Boise. If you're just an average team from either conference you play in the toilet bowl. The Missouri Valley has better rivals and they still play 4 national TV games a year with one game against a big 12 or big 10 team. I think they hope the whole system reorganizes once the P5 separates.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Says the guy who gets mad when someone is critical of him. He knew exactly what he was doing. One program just won the biggest game of the season at their level and the other had a rough bowl game.

What a troll question by PA. If a radio host in Iowa tweeted out who wins between Iowa and NDSU in a year where Iowa was 5-3 in conference, won at Nebraska, destroyed Minnesota, etc...that host would be looking for work. I don't think anyone thinks the Gophers were a great team this year, but they certainly deserve more respect than a question like that implies.

For some reason ever since 2007 I have hated NDSU. I don't get it but I can't stand them. But what makes me more mad is that we are being compared to them. I do wish we would play them one more time even though nothing good can come out of it.

What a troll question by PA. If a radio host in Iowa tweeted out who wins between Iowa and NDSU in a year where Iowa was 5-3 in conference, won at Nebraska, destroyed Minnesota, etc...that host would be looking for work. I don't think anyone thinks the Gophers were a great team this year, but they certainly deserve more respect than a question like that implies.

Really don't think it is worth getting riled up about stuff like this. I didn't hear the segment but I feel confident it was just a time filler in a pretty down time for Minnesota sports right now. The Wild suck, the Wolves suck, the draft is still a ways off for the Vikings....so he just tosses something like this out there for fun and to kill time.

It is easy pickings as Gophers in Iowa laid out given NDSU is at the top and we laid and egg in our bowl game, but this is the kind of stuff our fanbase needs to stop getting their feelings hurt over. Just a garbage segment on a daily radio show, one that 90% of the listeners have must likely all ready forgotten about.

This is a ridiculous question. Gophers play in the Big 10..where the Pros play! NDSU should be trying to figure out if they can beat Mankato st.

I think it would be a good game. The pressure is always on the FBS teams in these match ups however.

MN and Illinois St both beat Eastern Illinois by about the same amount. NDSU lost to Northern Iowa and Northern Iowa lost to Iowa. NDSU beat Iowa St. And Iowa St. Beat Iowa.

MN destroyed Iowa. I have no doubt MN is the best of the teams, but we'll never know.

Really don't think it is worth getting riled up about stuff like this. I didn't hear the segment but I feel confident it was just a time filler in a pretty down time for Minnesota sports right now. The Wild suck, the Wolves suck, the draft is still a ways off for the Vikings....so he just tosses something like this out there for fun and to kill time.

It is easy pickings as Gophers in Iowa laid out given NDSU is at the top and we laid and egg in our bowl game, but this is the kind of stuff our fanbase needs to stop getting their feelings hurt over. Just a garbage segment on a daily radio show, one that 90% of the listeners have must likely all ready forgotten about.

It wasn't on the radio, so he wasn't doing it to kill a segment, but your point still stands. Reading through his Tweets is quite amusing. The epitome of jocksniffer. Carries on about what a cool guy Tom Brady is like a preteen girl.

Ditto that - and they bring a lot of fans with them. They outplayed us the last three contests, winning two and missing the third win on a last second field goal that hit the uprights.

This is a ridiculous question. Gophers play in the Big 10..where the Pros play! NDSU should be trying to figure out if they can beat Mankato st.

Would not be surprised at all if this years Mankato State team would beat NDSU. I think it would be a 2 out of 10 games type but still could.

PA is such a tool box it isn't even funny. What kind of response did he think he'd get? PA has such a hate boner when it comes to Gopher football it is ridiculous.

Didn't he bust a gasket when the Gophers tweeted out that they were the best show in town 2 or 3 years ago? Pot meet kettle.

Top Bottom