Hassan Mead for the Gopher Track Team: Has anyone seen this guy run?

Reaction score
I believe he is from Minneapolis. The guy is practically untouchable in the 5000M. I saw his NCAA Championships qualifying round video on GopherSports.com. He runs the final 400M in a better time than it would probably take me to just run one 400M lap! He is just sick. His running partner Chris Rombough is pretty good too.

I believe he is from Minneapolis. The guy is practically untouchable in the 5000M. I saw his NCAA Championships qualifying round video on GopherSports.com. He runs the final 400M in a better time than it would probably take me to just run one 400M lap! He is just sick. His running partner Chris Rombough is pretty good too.

Yes, I've seen him run. As a former competitive runner, it's both exhilarating and deflating to watch him--he puts my efforts to shame. He was untouchable in the big ten, but there are a few other guys in the NCAAs that can run with him. The ability levels are close enough that it generally boils down to how you're feeling that day compared to everyone else. You don't run a PB every day, but it wouldn't surprise me if whoever does win it does run a PB. Course it's relatively hot and humid down there, and that will slow things down a tad.

I ran the 400, among other things. My best times were around 52 secs. I'm not sure whether he's doing the last lap that fast, but being able to put so many fast laps together has always blown me away.

Sorta like world class marathoners. I could barely break 5 minutes for one mile--those guys go faster than my best mile pace for almost 27 miles. Unbelievable.

Top Bottom