Gophers lose to Merrimack

Stan

Reaction score
We are now 2-4-1 in our last 7 games. Wilcox has lost his edge and we've lost our swagger.

This is easily the most overrated collection of talent I've ever seen any University of Minnesota team (in any sport) put together. Once again, they didn't find it necessary to play hard for a full 60 minutes and lost to a team they had no business even giving up one goal to, let alone three. What a waste.

It's been a great last few days to be a Gophers fan.

Again.......is Don Lucia on the hot seat? I suppose we need to wait and see how the season plays out.

Again.......is Don Lucia on the hot seat? I suppose we need to wait and see how the season plays out.

Doubt it. Since he won two national titles more than a decade ago and has hung a few conference banners lately, he'll be coach as long as he wants to be. I've never been a very big fan of his, but he's not going anywhere.

This is easily the most overrated collection of talent I've ever seen any University of Minnesota team (in any sport) put together. Once again, they didn't find it necessary to play hard for a full 60 minutes and lost to a team they had no business even giving up one goal to, let alone three. What a waste.

I agree with pretty much everything you say, but I don't think I'd choose the word overrated. I think the talent is exactly as good as advertised. I'd call it underutilized, because these players think they can loaf around for extended chunks of time and still win games, despite constantly proving they can't. Its a lazy sloppy bunch. I'm really ticked of at all three of our major programs right now for their effort and focus levels over the last few days. A collection of mistakes against Missouri, a choked away lead at Purdue, and another half-assed effort by the hockey team.

I agree with pretty much everything you say, but I don't think I'd choose the word overrated. I think the talent is exactly as good as advertised. I'd call it underutilized, because these players think they can loaf around for extended chunks of time and still win games, despite constantly proving they can't. Its a lazy sloppy bunch. I'm really ticked of at all three of our major programs right now for their effort and focus levels over the last few days. A collection of mistakes against Missouri, a choked away lead at Purdue, and another half-assed effort by the hockey team.

Yeah, I'm with you. Good point on the underutilized aspect of it, which gets back to Lucia, Guentzel and the rest of the coaching staff doing a crummy job. As for the past few days, watching all three teams collectively piss down their legs whenever the opposition starts to play has been just plain sickening.

Wrong. This team is second, until they lose to someone worse than Holy Cross.

Wrong. This team is second, until they lose to someone worse than Holy Cross.

The way this season is going, we might have a healthy debate on that point before the year ends. :banghead:

The way this season is going, we might have a healthy debate on that point before the year ends. :banghead:

I can't disagree. Living in Boston I was planning on a big Frozen Four weekend this year. I may just end up working. Oh well, Wrestlemania season is starting.

The way this season is going, we won't get a high enough seed to play a team like Holy Cross.

Top Bottom