***OFFICIAL GOPHERS VS MIZZOU CITRUS BOWL IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

I never saw Min. Dominating...I saw Mizzou have some early turn overs and play a lack luster first half in the execution dept. and some of that was very well because of the well coached gopher team...but in the end Mizzou had enough talent to wear you all down upfront on both sides of the ball.

Now don't twist this I'm not saying Mizzou was vastly better talent wise than the gophers, with a bit more execution and a few more Mizzou mistakes you could of walked away with a win.The problem was we had enough talent and executed on offense and def. to a average degree to win by 14+ PTs.

The gophers game plan was superb IMO...not give up the big play on def.....you didn't except on QB runs and in the 2nd half when our OL blew up your wore down DL....And on offense to take what the Def. was giving you,which you did but we shut down your run game with our DL and you QB had a career day throwing,but outside of the one super TE TD our DB could cover and stop any big passing plays and just let you dink and dunk but not get points. If we had less talents players or had poor execution you break some and score. Game plan for you was sound.

At the end of the day Jimmy and Joes win games not X and O...

Unlike alot of nice Minnesotans, I have no problem saying you have no idea what your talking about. Now that I've fed the troll, good day.

I am above all a Gopher fan. I think even you could have figured that out. I also have a few other programs I like to see succeed, such as Mizz and TCU.

It is similar to posters here on GH. I like some and some I don't. Guess where you fit?

lol, do you think I even care what you think of me? I don't know you. Don't care to. And obviously, you're welcome to brown nose anyone's rear all you want. Like I said, poop is thicker then Maroon and Gold. At least for you right?

lol, I'm not even going to argue because it's obvious you're here to gloat and say Missouri has superior athletes. And you're probably right, you guys probably do have better athletes. We lost, and it all unraveled in the second half, and that's that. Good game Missouri. Now get off our boards. We're mad at Coach Kill, not Missouri.

The point most of us are trying to make is that Coach Pinkel called plays to try to win, and Coach Kill called plays to try to not lose... and ended up losing anyways. None of that says Coach Kill was a bad coach, just that he should have took more risks.

Rest assured I'm not trying to gloat....and I do believe we have better athletes but Not by a wide Margin. We are not Bama or Ohio st. talented. I'm saying we had enough athletes to give us a bit of a cushion to over come poor play and mistakes...more so than the gophers.

I really believe coach Kill is a good coach and had the game plan to beat us if your players executed the scheme to a higher degree. Playing conservative was your best option. As Kill program progresses he will recruit and develop more talent and the his coaching style will become less conservative as the risk become less.

I really respect coach Kill and your program...I just disagree with some of your fans belief about your talent level and kills coaching

I never saw Min. Dominating...I saw Mizzou have some early turn overs and play a lack luster first half in the execution dept. and some of that was very well because of the well coached gopher team...but in the end Mizzou had enough talent to wear you all down upfront on both sides of the ball.

Now don't twist this I'm not saying Mizzou was vastly better talent wise than the gophers, with a bit more execution and a few more Mizzou mistakes you could of walked away with a win.The problem was we had enough talent and executed on offense and def. to a average degree to win by 14+ PTs.

The gophers game plan was superb IMO...not give up the big play on def.....you didn't except on QB runs and in the 2nd half when our OL blew up your wore down DL....And on offense to take what the Def. was giving you,which you did but we shut down your run game with our DL and you QB had a career day throwing,but outside of the one super TE TD our DB could cover and stop any big passing plays and just let you dink and dunk but not get points. If we had less talents players or had poor execution you break some and score. Game plan for you was sound.

Shut up.

I think he has good points, but apparently that opinion is "shut up" material.

I apologize for upsetting some of you...I was just posting a different view point mixed in with some data points.

As I stated I respect coach Kill and the gophers and if I had my way you'd win the B10 every year. How can a outside fan not root for a program that doesn't have all the advantages but still competes and is on a upward swing. Here is a news flash Mizzou a mid tier program as well...we are far from a blue blood.

I don't look down at your program at all in fact I view it as a program with the right coach and building for better things.

In fact Mizzou has a similar coach and took a similar path to get to this point.

Thanks for coming by, Grove. You seem like a nice enough guy.

I just came on to check out this thread for the first time, about 34-35 hours after the game ended. I discovered it's exactly the kind of embarrassing train wreck I thought it would be, and now I wish I hadn't visited.

This loss really comes down to three failures on special teams and a couple of bad defensive decisions. But what a bunch of whiney-a$$ bitshes we Gopherholers are. There's nothing we won't complain about, nothing we won't second-guess, no failure too nitpicky to be nitpicked. And we're all smarter than Coach Kill.

Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Mississippi State, and Ole Miss.

Any questions?

No offense, I'm trying really hard to be nice. But not really cool to come here the day after a tough loss. Give it a week or so to cool down and we can have rational discussions.

It's a bowl game, teams typically play very loose. I guess for Kill, that meant letting Marcus Jones field a punt even though he was never really good at it. Great kick returner, not good at fielding punts. Jerry is a good coach, but it's fair to criticize him. The smug way that he told the reporter that they got the ball at the half irked me. Like he expected just to march down and score. They had 7 points at the time. Kill coaches to protect leads even when the team is behind.

Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Mississippi State, and Ole Miss.

Any questions?

No offense, I'm trying really hard to be nice. But not really cool to come here the day after a tough loss. Give it a week or so to cool down and we can have rational discussions.

I agree, it appears Ohio st. had every bit as much talent as Bama IMO more. Auburn had offensive talent but their Def. has been overrated so Wisc. rolled them. Ole Miss was overrated and played the game of their life versus Bama...to me they didn't look much better than the team we rolled by 2 Td's late last year. Miss. st. was as talented either as some let on but I give them a bit of a pass playing the Flexbone is a beeech! And G-Tech. has talent as well.

Sorry about posting early, I'm a football junking not just Mizzou so I love talking the sport and having discussion with other Fans. The gopher fans seem like great guys with passion. I think Kill is going to keep plugging away and you guys will not be feeling like this any time soon.

Top Bottom