The choppy college hockey season schedule

Go4

Reaction score
This year more than most it seems like the schedule is so choppy. we started in early october, then had the delay, not it seems like this december is worse than ever.

seems like more and more the season isn't that interesting until after jan 1.

Other problem is I have no idea where the games are on tv anymore. Big Ten Network is the worst thing to happen to Gopher Hockey. They suck at covering hockey and they pre-empt coverage for torn shoes on Indiana basketball players. Couple games have been on ESPN and CBSSports as well, so it is nearly impossible to find the right coverage. FSN, when they do cover the games, puts it on one of 8 channels on Directv depending on Wolves, Bucks, Wild games at the same time.

This layoff is ridiculous. It's almost as if they are playing two different seasons.

With the way the first season went, I hope we do better in the second.

Going to be hard not to with as crappy as the Big Ten is. Could be worst league in all of hockey. Which means we won't be ready for the NCAA's. Leaving the WCHA may be our downfall.

I think a lot of fans, me included, have lost a lot of early season interest since the formation of the Big Ten Conference. Less opponents to play means less conference games. No early season showdown with North Dakota or Denver to get fired up for. We didn't even play B.C. twice when we went to Boston. Wisconsin and Michigan both suck. I really do miss the WCHA. It was way more fun battling C.C., SCSU, and UMD instead of crushing Penn St and OSU.

As was pointed out earlier, the BTN has ruined the telecasts. The Gophers need to be on one channel and it'd be nice if they could woo Frank Mazzocco and Doug Woog to do the games again.

Top Bottom